No announcement yet.

So worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks ill look into them do you know of any examples of cases where they have dealt with false accusations of rape.

Comment

Yes but I cannot post them up here due to confidentiality reasons. Those are the sols I ALWAYS recommend for those in Devon or Cornwall to approach.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

just sent them an email

Comment

Best to ring mid morning when they have had a chance to clear their overnight emails and deal with calls/mail. Clients' emails can get lost in Spam/Junk folders.....

Comment

Ok ill try that. Thanks again. Just have to try and sleep tonight I know its early days to be looking for solicitors as ive not been charged yet i just hate living in this nightmare and feel like i need to be doing something proactive. What do you think my chances of getting charged are? I really want to here the letters NFA.

Comment

Originally posted by billykickass View Post
              all the way i couldnt stop thinking how much easier it would be just to crash and end it all that way at least with the insurance money my girlfriend would be looked after.
              If you kill yourself you will look even more guilty Billy. He couldn't live with himself for what he done ect. You haven't even been charged yet so thinking like that wont help.
              And as you are not married, the insurance money wont go to your chick, it will go to your Parents.
              Just hang tight and wait and see what happens.
              Laugh at your problems, everybody else does. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Comment

good advice Amre, thanks.
                And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thanks
                  its just so hard waiting and not knowing feel like i should be more proactive. Just cant believe this is happening still and the thought of loosing my girlfriend and great life over one night of being stupid is destroying me.

Comment

Re Insurance and Suicide - I have an idea that insurance companies do not pay out to relative of those who commit suicide.

The headlines would scream "he could not live with the guilt" and nobody would benefit financially - apart from the liar who would still be paid out "compensation" courtesy of the tax payer.

Comment

yeah you are right that is not the way to go I need to fight this like a man. its just so many thoughts go through my head constantly I have never felt so scared and useless. Had a slightly better day today almost as if all the banter from other soldiers at work helps and they are all supportive most of them being in similar situations except girl not crying rape next day but still general feeling of disbelief from all of them that women would do that. Heard that the police have CCTV of us leaving club together walking about town together and being friendly towards each other hope that helps me.

Comment

Good news about the CCTV, I hope it helps. Glad you feel supported at work, but i really think you should keep what happened to yourself. You may not be charged so no one needs to know until then. People say mud sticks and that there is no smoke with out fire. An estranged EX could hear about this and before you know Billy you are a serial rapist with an evil streak in you that rivals Lucifer. Rumors can destroy people.
                        Laugh at your problems, everybody else does. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Amre View Post
                          Good news about the CCTV, I hope it helps. Glad you feel supported at work, but i really think you should keep what happened to yourself. You may not be charged so no one needs to know until then. People say mud sticks and that there is no smoke with out fire. An estranged EX could hear about this and before you know Billy you are a serial rapist with an evil streak in you that rivals Lucifer. Rumors can destroy people.
                          That would be sensible advice, except that the OP is in the army and army mates are as close as family, as they spend more time together than say office workers would.

I would say the OP's mates are rallying round him because it could happen to any of them.

Now, had this been an underage girl then I would have to agree with you to advise not to discuss it, as that's the kind of accusation which would be hell for someone in the army.

Comment

Well thanks to the way that the police informed the camp where i work by ringing the civvies that work on the gate it was already common gossip to everyone by the time I got back to camp. But hey least of my problems right now. Yeah have to agree with the comment on army mates although the banter would hurt a lot of people that werent used to this environment but its one of the things i have come to love about the military and all of my mates are in utter disbelief none of them believing that this has happened to me all of them rallying in support of me, Even my EX Wife offering support. Whichever way this turns out I intend to try and give some sort of presentation/brief warning other guys about the dangers of that sort of behaviour on a night out as im certainly not the first person to engage in that. The girl certainly wasnt underage infact she was a little older than me.

What is 'OP'?

Thanks for your thoughts really good to know someone is listening

Rights Fighter: I contacted Nunn Rickard they were really helpful over the phone and said that if i get charged they would help me and that i would be entitled to legal Aid which i know doesnt really change my situation but makes me feel a little bit better knowing that ive at least been a bit proactive, Ive spent the rest of my time reaserching as much as possible about this type of case from the internet think i have pretty much exhausted most of the stuff easy to find.

Comment

do spread the word as to what happens to chaps when they 'cock up'!!

OP = opening poster (you!)
                              And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thankyou.
                                I will do hopefully somehow I can turn this into a possitive and at least make sure no one else has to go through the same ordeal.

Comment

Working...
                                X