X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the forum close?

Hi everyone,

This forum has been going for many years now, and has hepled a lot of people. However, I've not been supportiung this place as much as I should have been, user numbers have dwindled to very small numbers, and the forum appears to have reached a point where it's purpose is now in doubt.

We've been a great place in the past, but I think our usefulness has perhaps reduced to a level where we are no longer useful or serving any purpose.

I'd love to hear your comments please, from suggestions for development and ways forward, to simply hearing how this forum has helped in the past, and, most importantly, whether you agree the time has come to say goodbye.

A really key issue regarding the future of this forum is that, ultimately, I don't have time to maintain this forum going forward.
    Accordingly, one of two things needs to happen:
    1. The site will be closed.
    2. Someone who is willing to take a leading role in developing and administering the forum needs to step forwards.

If you are that someone, or know who that someone could be, please get in touch with myself, either in this thread or via private message.

If no-one comes forward, and/or the concencus from anyone who replies to this thread is that our time is up, then the forum will close.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
    Time to close
    0%
    I would like it to stay open
    100.00%
    I'd diet but I'm not in the moooo-d

Hi Webmoo,

Difficult question to answer. As someone that read the posts long before I joined I could argue that there is value in DM even if people no longer contribute but also have to recognise that an old disused forum is less attractive than an active one and it would seem that facebook has killed the forum format anyway. Helga Speck's old PAFAA forum was well used at one time but was overtaken by her facebook groups and the popular accused.me facebook group was far better used than its own forum which seems to now be defunct.

While I would be sad and disappointed to see DM shut down (instead of archived in some way for example), I don't think I could argue for it continuing as it currently is either, especially if you are financing it.

On a personal note, I wanted to leave this behind years ago and was hoping that others would come along and take my place, so I am always relieved when there are no new posts that I feel morally obliged to respond to.

Whatever happens, I think that thanks and credit is due for DM existing in the first place. It was a good thing.

Regards,
    Peter.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Thanks Peter. A big part of me doesn't want to see it go too, I know what you mean, but it's also probably time to go.

I did think about archiving it and leaving it up, but that just means the info wil get slowly out of date and the forum, with no-one watching or using it, will probably get hacked at some point which would spoil it all too. Financing it isn't a problem but having the time to run it and maintain it is.

Comment

I replied to Webmoo's similar message in the Senior Members section a couple of months ago and my thoughts are still much the same as then; however there is a poll option this time.

I've not ticked either option because I don't want to make the decision to close the forum down but, as I haven't the ability (or the motivation to learn!) to be able to maintain the software, it doesn't seem fair to vote to keep it open and expect someone else to take this task on.

Looked for a 'sitting on the fence' emoji but this is the nearest:
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks CH. It's a bit of an emotional tug isn't it!

I'll hapily finance the forum staying online and will even finance someone coming on in a paid capcity to develop it, but I need someone with a personal drive as well as just getitng a bit of money for doing it. If they have an interest they will want it to succeed and devlop it accordingly. If they just want a bit of cash they will probably loose interest and do the minimum.

Comment

Working...
          X