So worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billykickass View Post
    P.S. the quiet little mouse who was to shy to talk without a screen in the court house (my false accuser) was brazen enough to stand outside the courthouse smoking a fag and flipping us the middle finger! Make of that what you will.
    Damn - missed that - always been curious bout what she looks like......
    It has been a real privelege to meet you and your GF and respective families - you are all genuine very lovely people .....
    anyway - you've had the real ones - here's the dancing ones ...........
    and and some of these.......
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

• Excellent news Billy. Looking forward to reading a detailed account of everything when you are ready.
      False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

• Dearest Billy,
        As i write this i have tears in my eyes because i know how much you had to go through. I preyed for you and excuse my lack of response to all the kind words from others im feeling very weak at the moment , I just wanted to give you a big hug from the other side of the world. You have a great soul. This was your test in this life and you passed it. A+ my brother! . Now you can do anything . This is your year "live every minute of your life". Only hang around good people. !!! what did william wallice scream:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOO OM!

Comment

• Brilliant brilliant news, I am so happy for you, here are some, fresh of the boat, bananas
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

• The Last few days - Quite long so maybe make a brew first.

So HRH has given me a day off to recollect my head today before I drive back to camp tonight, so now seems as good of a time as any to talk about the previous week’s events while it’s still fresh in my head. I am not Literary professor so apologies for any errors but I will try to describe chronologically with a few thoughts and feelings along the way and a brief “round up” at the end. This may be a long one so any admins feel free to edit , abridge chop etc I wont be offended.

The best way to get a proper feel of the build up and utter roller coaster of thoughts and emotions up until the trial would be to read my threads up until now. However last Monday the trial started, to be honest not much happened on the first day, we didn’t even go into court until after lunch, and then the jury was sworn in. The prosecutor (pantomime villain, I kept wanting to Boo him when he entered court) then opened his case by telling a lovely story about how I was a vile rapist and viscous attacker of women! Horrible to listen too but it was nothing more than emotive language and hyperbole. It would have been better placed in the sun/star newspaper. The few things that were based loosely around facts, he got wrong and over the following days Tania made him eat those words. I also met one of the other forum members ‘Myhome’ this day, who was kind enough to come and support us throughout, and I can honestly say is one of the sweetest, kindest most warm hearted people I have ever known and any jury in the land will see that if (doubt it) it ever gets that far for her.

Tue – More legal argument first, this was a common feature as Tania literally fought for everything and every time she put the prosecutor in his place he would “huff and puff” like a spoilt child and she would tell him off for being rude. Anyway by the afternoon the lying ***** was in the stand, the prosecutor asked her a few pointless questions, and then Tania got hold of her, all I can say is that Tania must have been trained by Iraqi republican guard or something, she tore everything she said to pieces and exposed the lies. Obviously she wouldn’t admit to it on the stand but it was obvious by her “I cant remember, As far as I’m aware” replies and I think the jury could see that. So that went up until close of court that day but Tania still had a few questions for her so the ordeal would continue the next day. A minor point but court only goes from 1030 till 1630 each day so if nothing else you get a bit of a lie in each day and an early finish.

Wed – She gets a bit more questioning from Tania, the prosecutor stood up to supposedly re examine her on things, however all he did was try to make her re – go over the same ground so her story would be firmly affixed in the jurys heads, but Tania was quick to put a stop to this. Next her sister was in the stand, much of the same lots of her swearing on her children’s lives etc (even though she had already sworn on the bible that she was telling the truth) but basically most of her answers helped our case as the little lies were shown up. Next it was various other witness’s police, paramedic, her brother ex boyfriend etc. Not a great deal happened however once again most of their answers helped our case. However she dropped a big bullock here: in her cross exam she said that her and ex boyfriend had broken up 6 months before the incident. But when he was asked his reply was that it was only 2 – 3 weeks before and the juries ears pricked right up at that. Also the judge asked her sister a question about the home situation which was a very good question and only reinforced the fact that her sister was trying to set us up all night, so thank you Your Honour. Anyway I won’t go into minute detail but I will say that it was clearly obvious at this stage that good, proper legal representation is essential, we had things in our arsenal like police notebooks, medical records, phone call logs etc that while on their own would not have won the case but with them all put together were essential in painting the picture to the jury. I don’t know if a lesser solicitor would have gone to such depths. It’s a shame some of the things we had could not be used as they would have really shown the jury who she is.

Thu – Once again more legal argument, where Tania tried to get the Anal charge dropped as even the accuser couldn’t remember it happening, but the judge and prosecution wouldn’t play ball and it stuck. Hey ho you can’t win every battle.
            Now it was my turn in the box, firstly Tania asked me a few questions leading me through the night in question etc and finished by asking me was I a rapist etc...obvious answer. Then it was lunch and as I was in the middle of my evidence I could not speak with my legal team, family etc over lunch, so off to Costa with my Army supporting officer for some inappropriate humour, coffee etc. When we returned it was Jafar’s (prosecutor) turn with me. Obviously he tried to wrap me up in my own words, and obviously he tried to suggest I did things that didn’t happen, and obviously he repeatedly called me a rapist. All I did was disagree with him and tell him that wasn’t true, over and over and over and over again. His tactic was to talk about a subject then take me off the subject and then back to it, in the hope my story would change but it never did. In fact I think the jury were bored of this, they looked glazed. Anyway he sat back down, then Tania asked me a few questions and bought my girlfriend into it (she has been amazing and sat through every single day no matter how hard it was) at this point we locked eyes for a second and I broke down and cried and just blubbed, that I was so sorry to her and that I promise I would never rape someone. I was visibly shaking, as I walked back to the defendants, box we hugged and kissed.
            The rest of the afternoon was my brother and my various character references, then that concluded our case, short and simple...I didn’t do it.

Fri – A bit more legal argument, then Mufasa (prosecutor) summed up which was essentially his opening speech again with the bits he had been proven wrong on edited out and repeated about 3 times. Not very nice to listen to but essentially empty. Then Tania’s turn I’ve spoke briefly about this in a past post, but it was simply amazing, of course I’m bound to say that but she clearly and confidently outlined all the independent evidence that was in our favour and also spoke to jury like humans which I don’t think the prosecutor ever really did. Anyway early lunch time finish on Friday.

Weekend – BBQ, Beer, Roast dinner, Cornwall, Cream Tea need I say more. Sunday was a little tense but I think we managed it well with catching up on Glee and idle chat etc. At one point we did discuss the worst possible outcome and both decided that even though I would be away for a little while we would make the best of it and just work harder on the other side to get back to where we are now.

Mon – Judges summing up only took like 3 hours with a coffee break in the middle. To be honest he bungled it a bit and got things wrong. When he did the jury looked at me as if to say “don’t worry we know he has said that wrong”.
            So then the Jury went out, I went for a little chat with Tania and Harry. It wasn’t pleasant we discussed sentences etc. She told me that although a Guilty verdict would be perverse it is a possibility and to expect 6 years and to be getting sentenced that day! Anyway it wasn’t over just yet, so we went and sat in the cafe (judge said I was not to leave the court precinct) and waited for about 3 hours including the lunch break. I swear I could have counted those seconds! Anyway at around 1530 the tannoy called us back into court the foreman stood up was asked the question and replied “NOT GUILTY” to both of the counts (you have never heard sighs of relief from my family etc like that) I stood up and said “thank you” to the Jury however I think I sort of just blubbed and dribbled a bit with emotion, but I’m sure they understood what I was trying to convey. Within about 10 seconds the security guard let me out of the box and I think I flew/floated over to my girlfriend and family and friends who instantly swamped me in hugs and tears.

The witness protection type people quickly filed out past our large embrace and as the prosecutor passed me I offered him my hand to shake, which he did. I’m not sure if he thought I was doing it to gloat or not. But it was purely as what I would consider a gentlemanly gesture, we were adversaries and now the conflict is over I don’t feel that I have any hard feelings towards him.
            So lots more hugging, kissing texting calling people of the good news etc then home to where we opened the beers and Champagne (Thanks again Myhome). Oh yeah I ate one of those Bananas’ in the carpark outside. As we drove away from the court she (accuser) was there to flip us the middle finger (classy).

So that brings us to now, so a few thoughts.
            I didn’t sleep last night, I think my brain is finding it hard to accept that it’s over and I need to re evaluate my way of thinking again and not to caveat every future plan with ‘as Long as it goes ok’.

The legal system in this country is far, far from perfect however in the court it is pretty fair and it could be a lot worse compared with other countries.

Most of you will already know of the emotional roller coaster you go on when first accused, but this does get better and level out I promise! Once you get to court expect that same roller coaster compressed into a week!

There are a lot of hard working decent people in the court house so be polite and good to them. We were and they were genuinely decent back to us. One of the ushers even making sure my girlfriend had glass of water all the time as she has a bad cough still.

You will be repeatedly told to have faith in the legal system and you probably won’t until you are this side of it, I completely understand that but do try (terrible advice I know but it’s all I can say). Just remember it isn’t over till it’s over.

If you are at the start of an ordeal like this bear in mind that it’s at least a year until you even go to court, and if you didn’t do it, then you’re probably NOT going to jail. But there is always a chance; then again there is always a chance you could get run over by a number 67 bus tomorrow. So enjoy life take time to do fun things, enjoy the weather, talk to your animals etc. Most importantly take time to love, your family, your friends, your better half, and take stock of it all. If they took your life tomorrow do you want your memories to be a darkened room feeling grim about the world? I wouldn’t.

There are a million and one things I would like to say but I’m conscious this is already over 2000 words so I will stop here. But if anyone has any questions just ask.

Comment

• Brilliant post Billy, thank you.
              I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your fianceé.
              Grasp life with both hands as a free, innocent man.

Comment

• Hi Billy, Thanks for making time to write the brilliant post. May I wish you and your girlfriend a brilliant future. LP
                Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

• That's an excellent post Billy - describes things exactly and as for not being literary......."Hyperbole?????????"

Having been there for some of the days (when I also tried to watch dispassionately as if I was a jury member) having heard the lack of prosecution case and then seeing the jury reach a verdict and saying those beautiful, immortal words, "Not guilty" has given me a lot more faith in the jury system than I had before.

It has also shown me, as you said, that you need an excellent team behind you, a team that knows what they're doing, does their research and can analyse and remember everything and challenge things they don't think are right. I just so enjoyed hearing Tania cross examine the police officer about how much time was spent trying to find you. I was thinking, "Where is she going with this?" and then of course the text messages!!!! Oh, beware the supplementary question as they say in legal circles!!! It was a moment of pure joy!!!!

That verdict was 2 weeks to the day that I first had lunch with your GF (have you got the ring yet??????????) and yet I feel I've known you both and your mums, much longer...and now that I've made new forever friends..... I'm sure that once the 18 months of tension and anxiety begin to diminish, you will both go onwards and upwards, and judging by your character references you'll be a general in no time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you also for saying you'll be there for me and for the very lovely things you said about me in your post - much love to you both - myhome
                  "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

• An excellent post - and really useful for people who are in the same boat.
                    Kindest wishes for your future
                    Jen
                    False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

• Thank you Billy for that very well written description of your time in court; they say a picture is worth a thousand words (or two!) and you have painted a vivid but reassuring picture of the trial proceedings which will be helpful to anyone facing them.

With your permission (and when I'm no longer on mobile internet!) I will endeavour to move it to a sticky in the 'what to expect at trial' section.

You come across as a very decent person, I especially liked that you shook hands with the prosecutor, he was simply doing his job, the same as everyone else in court was (and who knows what his private thoughts about your accuser were!) and I feel that the defence of the realm will be quite safe in your hands

Your whole story (all 20 pages!) and the actual personal support you have had from Myhome well illustrates the value of this forum.
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

• Excellent post billy.

Congratulations.
                        I'm not ready to make nice

Comment

• Well done Billy!!!!

So glad you got through it mate, nearly made me cry thinking back through everything.

Glad you had the support of your family etc, for me only my CoC knew along with my supporting Officer (I chose him as I trained him), he was brilliant too. When something like this happens to you, you don't trust anyone.

Well Done and hopefully back to normal jogging!!

Comment

• Mega bananas.

Was pure joy to read that you made it through to victory Billy. It did indeed speak volumes of your false accuser putting the finger up at you. Final validation really.

My pad thing is not doing bananas so BANANAS x 100

Good luck with your next challenge - a nice one i hope.
                            Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

• So happy for you mate

Well doen on beating the liars and the life destroying scumbags. Your story raises my spirits

Comment

• So happy for you
                                "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Working...
                                X