son falsely accused of rape and now charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Screenshots are a blessing of today's PC and Internet world. I have been SS everything of any help whatsoever to prove that a) alleged victim is enjoying a good life, and b) the FA after having made the FAs doesn't seem to care less any more is getting on with life - apart from an interim threat (guess what? Also have screenshot of it!!).

The digital wolrd nowadays may be somewhat annoying but on the other hand can be of such great assistance in providing 'evidence' to help those dealing with FAs.

Night all!

xx

Comment

• Trial date set

My son had his plea hearing yesterday (at the 2nd attempt) and the trial has been set to start on November 25th and is expected to last 3 days. At the original plea hearing that I attended with my son I met the barrister and I was very impressed with him and I am certain he will do all he can to get that important NOT GUILTY but I know you can never predict which way the jury will go. The day before I met the barrister I had an emotional breakdown because it seemed the solicitor was going ahead with the hearing without all the information and he had dismissed having any witnesses but that has all changed. Two of my son's friends are being called as witnesses and I might be called so I have had to step away from it all which is better for my son in a way because I cannot talk about it and it is better for me. My son is still coping well and intends to enjoy himself for the next 4 months. I think he has resigned himself to going to prison so that if he is found guilty it won't come as such a big shock. He has been told that the maximum sentence will be 6 years.

Comment

• I'm glad you are happy with your Barrister and they are taking action in bringing witnesses on board. The date ends the uncertainty and waiting game only to be replaced with the 'what if?' game.
        Stay positive and strong

Comment

• Originally posted by mumneedinghelp View Post
          My son had his plea hearing yesterday (at the 2nd attempt) and the trial has been set to start on November 25th and is expected to last 3 days. At the original plea hearing that I attended with my son I met the barrister and I was very impressed with him and I am certain he will do all he can to get that important NOT GUILTY but I know you can never predict which way the jury will go. The day before I met the barrister I had an emotional breakdown because it seemed the solicitor was going ahead with the hearing without all the information and he had dismissed having any witnesses but that has all changed. Two of my son's friends are being called as witnesses and I might be called so I have had to step away from it all which is better for my son in a way because I cannot talk about it and it is better for me. My son is still coping well and intends to enjoy himself for the next 4 months. I think he has resigned himself to going to prison so that if he is found guilty it won't come as such a big shock. He has been told that the maximum sentence will be 6 years.
          I wish all the best for you and your son.

I am like your son and expect the worst, six year max sentance... If the worst does happen he should only do half.

Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

Comment

• Glad you're happy with your barrister...that'll make a huge difference to how you get through the next few months. Us e this time to gather as much info from as many places as you can - especially the social media sites - screenshot every page with every scrap of info on that you think will help the defence......keep strong....
            "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

• Hi I haven't posted for a while but my son's trial is less than four weeks away and I have a few questions about what happens at court.

I am being called as a witness and have to be there from day 1. Where do the witnesses wait at court? Are you allowed to take sandwiches and a flask into the court building? As day 1 will probably be just sitting around I find food and drink is comforting but I don't want to wander around too much in case I bump into the FA and her family.

What will happen to my son at break times? will he be allowed to meet up with me?

Comment

• You can take in food and drink (not alcohol) and also make sure you take water/fruit juice in plastic bottles. Some courts do not allow glass bottles.

If you are being called as a witness i cannot see why you have to be there from day one - unless this is you saying you have to be there from day one - for support. You would only be required to be there on the day you give evidence.

Best to stay away from the cafe if the other side is likely to be hanging around. Also if you visit the loo you might need to take somebody with you in case you are followed in and false allegations are made against you (for instance 'she threatened me not to give evidence while I was in the ladies loo....')

Usually the other side only attend on the days they are giving evidence although sometimes family members/supporters from the other side might attend the rest of the trial. You would have to play that one by ear. Whatever you do, when you are in the court building, loos, cafe, outside having a ciggie, please remember to NOT discuss the case as you never know who is ear-wigging into your conversations.

As you are giving evidence you must NOT discuss the case with your son and other witnesses until you have given your evidence, and they have given theirs.

You can of course meet up with your lad - but do NOT discuss the case or anybody there, with him, especially in the court building. Recently the mother of a defendant was sat outside the courtroom with a friend. OIC came and sat close to them and unfortunately the friend started saying things out loud (clearly intended for the OIC to hear) that police officers should investigate these cases properly.

He was right of course but this resulted in the OIC having a pop at him after the trial collapsed on the 2nd day. This was obviously an unpleasant scene and could have been avoided. That OIC could have sat elsewhere but chose to sit close to the mother and the friend. In that situation the best thing to have done would have been to move away to avoid such a scenario.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

• Thanks RF. My son's solicitor has told me to be there from day 1 . The other 2 witnesses have been given 2 days to be there and they have received summons so they can get the time off work.

Comment

• Possibly to be there for support then hon

Whereabouts in the UK is the trial? Are will do like 'the Midlands' or North West.

Just wondered if any members could support you there.

Comment

• The trial is in the Midlands. As my husband is not going to be there, because he would not stay quiet, friends have offered to be there with me but I have turned down their offers because my son does not know I have told anyone and I don't want to upset him because he is doing really well coping with the situation. He has friends and his on-off girlfriend who have said they will be at court to support me but I wouldn't be surprised if it is just me sitting in court after I have given evidence.

Comment

• You sound so level headed and a great support for your dear son. I cannot imagine what it feels like to see your son in this situation. It is so difficult for all of us when we are the victim of a FA.

I do hope you get support during the trial for both yourself & your son. I dearly hope your barrister runs rings round the accuser.

Do you know if you are allowed in to the trial once you have given your evidence?

Sending you lots of best wishes.

Comment

• I wish I was as level headed as you think I am. Under stress I get very emotional and dissolve into tears so when I am on the stand if the prosecution gives me a hard time the tears will flow. I am taking a big supply of tissues with me.

Comment

• Remember, on the stand all you have to do is tell the truth about what you know. If you get tearful then so beit, it's only human. Try and remain calm and speak clearly that's all you can do, the jury are human too, they should realise how stressful the situation is.

I was absolutely bricking it being someone who has managed to avoid public speaking all my life, but the one thought that all I have to do is tell the truth kept me strong.
                            Still here

Comment

• Tissues and water is provided in the court room for witnesses.

Ask if the sol will role play you to prepare you for what might come.

Obviously having supporters in the public gallery doesn't make any difference to the verdict but it does help the jury to know that thee are people present who believe in the defendant.

Are you using barrister Andrew? He's one of the best in the Midlands.

Comment

• RF

Do the defense witnesses take the stand before or after the defendant?

My son is not using Andrews but we are very happy with the one we have.

What I worry about most going to Court is how my son will react. He is a real mixture of me and his dad and from me he gets his emotional side and he cries when relationships come to an end and he has shed more than a few tears about the situation he is in. From is dad he gets his stubborn streak and the need to stand up for himself and I am afraid that when he is cross-examined by the Prosecution this side will come out. When he is stating his case he has a tendency to say "I'm not being funny but..". He has had one test how he will react with the barrister and the barrister pointed some things out to him so I just hope he remembers when he is on the stand.

I am trying to remain positive but if it all goes wrong and he is found guilty will he be sentenced straight away?

Comment

Working...
                                X