No announcement yet.

son falsely accused of rape and now charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I have read compensation can be claimed as soon as an allegation has been made even
    if the case has not been prosecuted or the alledged perpetrator has not been apprehended.
    http://www.nricc.com/en/support/legal.asp LP
    Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

God, that is unbelievable!!!!! Don't believe it (re my name)....

Comment

Hi mum needing help

I haven't posted for quite a few months but felt compelled to write to you as a fellow mum whose son has been accused.
        The devastation that you feel as a mum following your lad being falsely accused is indescribable, everyday I wished & still do that it was me who the liar had accused & not my little boy.

Be proactive in everything that you do for the case & your son, the first thing you must do is research your legal team, I cannot tell you how important this is in cases of sexual offences & don't be afraid to ask your solicitor questions about cases he has represented previously. I searched 'solicitors who defend sexual offences' into the google search as a starting point.

I was interviewed by the prosecution in my sons case but my current & previous solicitors allowed me to be present at the meetings with my son but be aware it is at the discretion of the solicitor your using.
        I will be giving evidence at my sons trial as a character witness but also to provide background info into the case which is imperative. If you son & his accuser spent lots of time in your company & stayed at your family home with your son you may be able to clarify her behaviour & temperament while in your company.

Are you monitoring the liars facebook account ? Make notes of who her friends are & see if you can gain access to their facebook accounts. If they have open facebook pages this makes it even easier. I found friends talk amongst friends & this brought us an array of useful information.

Look as far back into your sons accusers history as possible, finding the motive or several motives is key.

Good luck to you & your precious son, I know how you feel hon & I am rooting for you

Comment

have a look at this - it may answer a few questions about comp.

http://www.gartonsolicitors.co.uk/ci...exual-assault/
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thanks J&PVTHW for the advice you have given and I will investigate Facebook more. I need to feel I am doing something while we are waiting to see the solicitor. I am glad to hear that you attended the meetings and were a character witness because that is exactly what I want to happen. This site is my source of support because my husband doesn't want to discuss it. It is his way of coping with the situation and as he says he is not going to be in Court because he couldn't trust himself to not have an outburst. I tried following your threads but got lost somehow. What happened to your son and how long did the whole nightmare last and how is your son now?

Comment

Originally posted by mumneedinghelp View Post
              Thanks J&PVTHW for the advice you have given and I will investigate Facebook more. I need to feel I am doing something while we are waiting to see the solicitor. I am glad to hear that you attended the meetings and were a character witness because that is exactly what I want to happen. This site is my source of support because my husband doesn't want to discuss it. It is his way of coping with the situation and as he says he is not going to be in Court because he couldn't trust himself to not have an outburst. I tried following your threads but got lost somehow. What happened to your son and how long did the whole nightmare last and how is your son now?
              I will PM you as we have an inpending court case

Comment

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
                have a look at this - it may answer a few questions about comp.

http://www.gartonsolicitors.co.uk/ci...exual-assault/

I've attempted to these click links

Levels of compensation for victims of rape and sexual assault depend on the degree and frequency of the attack.

But there aren't working at the moment. Rather surprising that there are different levels for the genders.

I posted up the shopping list somewhere on here.

For the avoidance of doubt, some liars get paid out even if the investigation ends up in an NFA, so without the accused being charged; sometimes (more often) liars are paid out after a not guilty verdict; and if the accused has successfully appealed the convictions where evidence shows the accuser to be lying, the liars still get to keep their blood money - mind you probably spent it all by then. They tend to spend it within 12 months then they are back on benefits again - courtesy of tax payer.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

just tried the links - still not working....
                  "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hi rights fighter

I have a very brief question I would like to ask you but see no way of PMing you. Do you think you could be of assistance please? Much appreciated!

Comment

I haven't posted for a while because things have been very quiet and we are successfully pushing this FA to the background as much as possible. My son is really happy with his girlfriend and we have got to know her more and she is a lovely girl. I visit the site every day and read all the posts but I don't often reply to threads because I don't find it very easy to give help, advice and sympathy in writing - I am more of a face to face person. To everyone who has posted on this site and is still living the nightmare I wish you all well and keep fighting. Do not give in to these awful people who have made these false accusations and please, please do not contemplate suicide. Think of the people left behind. My son took a load of pills about eight years ago when a relationship broke up because he said he couldn't bare to live without her. He went out in his car and started taking loads of tablets but he phoned friends up as he was doing it so I am not sure if he would really have gone through with it. One of his friends phoned the police and they found him and he was taken to hospital and his stomach pumped. Luckily there was no lasting damage. For the first couple of years after that every time a relationship broke up we locked all the tablets away and we were really scared but my son says he is tougher now and although he gets very upset when a relationship ends he says he would never do that again and he certainly wouldn't do it because of these allegations because he is innocent and he wants to prove his innocence.

Today he received confirmation that he has got legal aid and doesn't have to make any contribution. I was certain that this would be the case but until it has was confirmed in writing I wasn't sure. Now the fight begins.

Comment

Thank-you for sharing your and your son's experience. Suicide is a terrible thing, not just the horrendous waste of a life but the suffering endured by those left behind which is unimaginable. Thank goodness he was rescued in time from his suicide attempt and is confident he wouldn't do it again.

So glad he's got legal aid too.

All the very best,
                        WGO

Comment

Things are continuing to be quiet and we are getting on with our lives but I keep my brain cells ticking over all the time about the accusation. My latest questions are ones that probably only Rights Fighter can answer.

We found out about the accusation 8 hours before he was arrested and when the accusers dad and ex vandalised the car my son voluntarily told the police he was being accused of rape and he gave a statement to the police about what happened at the accuser's flat and also background about the relationship. The female police officer thought it was like something out of 50 shades of grey and told him not to worry because it was his word against hers. For 3 months while the vandalism was being investigated she said she hadn't been contacted by the other police force and I doubt if they ever contacted her. Should she be a witness? Can the solicitor request to see the statement she took?

Also in an earlier post I asked about compensation. Can the solicitor find out if compensation has been paid? If the accuser is on benefits does she have to declare the compensation? I was told in an earlier post to look for spending but I don't see how this helps because if she has already been paid the compensation then surely she is entitled to spend it how she likes? She has moved from a flat to a house but that's all I have found out.

Comment

We found out about the accusation 8 hours before he was arrested and when the accusers dad and ex vandalised the car my son voluntarily told the police he was being accused of rape and he gave a statement to the police about what happened at the accuser's flat and also background about the relationship. The female police officer thought it was like something out of 50 shades of grey and told him not to worry because it was his word against hers. For 3 months while the vandalism was being investigated she said she hadn't been contacted by the other police force and I doubt if they ever contacted her. Should she be a witness? Can the solicitor request to see the statement she took?

Also in an earlier post I asked about compensation. Can the solicitor find out if compensation has been paid? If the accuser is on benefits does she have to declare the compensation? I was told in an earlier post to look for spending but I don't see how this helps because if she has already been paid the compensation then surely she is entitled to spend it how she likes? She has moved from a flat to a house but that's all I have found out.
                            Defence has every right to call the witness, however, they might not want to call her (tactics). If you feel she should be called and counsel says no, ask the barrister to sign a note saying as much. When counsel tells a client that they should not use this witness or that evidence, they should get the client to sign the notes. By the same token if counsel refuses then you can insist they similarly sign such a note. If they refuse and you have evidence to show that you insisted there could be a ground to appeal the conviction later - depending on how crucial that evidence was to the conviction/verdict of the jury.

Yes if there is a real reason that would suggest that the motive for lying is financial, then the solicitor can request this information. If the sol fails in this request then the request can be made via the court by counsel. There has to be evidence though that this is a possibility. Maybe CCJs against the family ...

Moving from a flat to a house does not prove the motive is financial - unless perhaps they have bought the house rather than rented. If it is a council/housing association move then I cannot see how this would assist.
                            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I don't think her motive is financial I think she is just doing it for revenge because my son broke her phone. I just wish things would get a move on. At least when we have seen the papers and know what evidence they have used to charge him we have something concrete to work on. In the back of my mind I think their case is weak and they are using 2 cautions on his file against him when they did not bother to find out any details about them.

Comment

Thanks myhome. I have such a lot of questions.

1. My son has applied for legal aid because his earnings are low. If he gets it will he have anything to pay and if legal aid is refused when does he (or most likely me somehow) have to start paying the solicitor.
                                2. His solicitor says he won't be in touch until June as his first court date is not until July 5th. This seems a long time without doing anything. Is this normal?
                                3. When he meets his solicitor can I sit in on the meeting with him. Even if I can't sit in on the meeting I will go with him and sit in the waiting room. I went with him to the police station every time it was his bail date and I am not going to desert him now.
                                4. Am I allowed to be a character witness?
                                5. When he goes to court for the first time I understand it is just to enter his not guilty plea. Will the accuser or any of her large family be there or do they only get told the trial date?

As other people in a similar position will read comments as I have done since November I would just like to say something about the bail process. A couple of times when he attended his bail he was told that when they had made their decision he would get a phone call whether it was NFA or he was going to be charged. He normally attended at 1pm but on the day he was charged the time had been set at 8am which did ring alarm bells, There was no phone call so the charge came as a shock and he fainted and banged his head on the hard floor and had to be sent to hospital. His solicitor wasn't even informed until the day he was charged.
                                Just a quick one before I go to work. Your son will have to make contribution to legal aid. I will answer your other posts later

Comment

Working...
                                X