son falsely accused of rape and now charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

Wishing your son all the best for the trail.

Regards,

Ghost....B

Comment

• hi - how did things go to-day????
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

• End of Day 2

It was a long day today with me sitting outside all day on a hard chair but at least I had his 2 friends for company who were also there as witnesses.

Only my son's girlfriend was in the public gallery - neither the FA or any of her family were there. According to my son's girlfriend he did very well on the stand. He was nervous going through everything with his barrister but when he was cross-examined by the prosecuting barrister and the judge he was calm and confidently said "That is not true" when the prosecuting barrister said "You did this". He answered all their questions and I don't think there is anything else he could have done. His barrister has decided not to call any witnesses because what we were there for has not been contested and he doesn't think there would be anything to gain.

Summing up is tomorrow and the verdict is expected on Friday. My son thinks he will be found guilty but I have tried to tell him that it is to be expected after being cross-examined and to remember what happened yesterday.

Comment

• Oh dear - my heart goes out for you all. I hope your son feels more optimistic today. You've come a long way constantly supporting your son - I hope the jury will see through the accuser to make the right decision.

will be thinking of you today

Comment

• will be thinking of you and asking to visit you for strength courage and justice.....finger poised over the dancing bananas....
            Keep strong

Comment

• End of Day 3

The jury retired at 15.16 so now it is a waiting game.

At last I got into court today to hear the speeches from both barristers and the judge.

The main evidence prosecution are using are the facebook messages my son sent to the FA a couple of days prior to the day the rape and 2 sexual assaults are supposed to have taken place. My son was upset and said some nasty things with lots of name calling which prosecution are saying show he is aggressive and this led to him carrying out the crimes he is charged with.

The defence barrister gave a really good speech, I don't think he could have done any better. He pointed out that just because my son was verbally abusive didn't prove he had been sexually abusive. He pointed out that my son has maintained the same account of events right from before his arrest and has always been open and cooperative, hiding nothing.He supplied the facebook messages that are now been used against him and would he do that if he was guilty and thought they would be used against him. He pointed out that my son phoned the police 7 hours before his arrest after an incident with his accusers dad and told them what her dad had accused him of and would someone who was guilty put the spotlight on himself. He then pointed out all the discrepancies in the FA's account and that of her friend and added that his accuser had insisted that the sim card and memory card from her phone be returned because there were pictures of her on them that she didn't want anyone to see.

The judge's summing up was very fair and very well explained to the jury. I was happy that he said that the FA went round to her friend's house in a distressed state and the jury had to consider if the distress was genuine or feigned.

We had a few tears when the jury retired and I said to my son that if he is found guilty it is down to those facebook messages and whatever happens he must stop sending nasty messages when he falls out with a girlfriend. I know he always does it because ex girlfriends have told me so and he has even done it with his current girlfriend but she gives back as good as she gets and this week she has been a rock. She has taken us to court every day and has been so supportive.

We had a long chat with the barrister and solicitor yesterday and today after the jury retired and they have both been very supportive. They have always said that they would not give their opinion on which way they think the verdict will go because they know from experience that you can never predict which way the jury will go and they have been surprised in the past. My son asked about taking in the 'nasty' bag tomorrow but the barrister says he doesn't need it. If he is found guilty the barrister will ask for sentencing to be adjourned for a probation report and it will be granted and he will be bailed on the same conditions as for the last year. Sentencing will then probably take place in the New Year. I pray it won't come to this but I have to be realistic.

My son has researched the prison he would go to and was encouraged when the barrister said it was ok there.

I just hope a verdict is reached tomorrow. We are all exhausted.

I will post again tomorrow.

Comment

• hi mumneedinghelp - thank you for posting this - it must have been very difficult for you especially after to-day. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow and will be sending positive energy your way.......be strong.......

Comment

• Wishing you all a good nights sleep tonight (as much as possibly can be expected)

And sending you loads of success tomorrow.

Comment

• Best wishes for today
                    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

• good luck for today

Comment

• I was hoping to see some dancing bananas this afternoon. Hopefully later this afternoon.....
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

• I was too RF.

Regards,

Ghost....B

Comment

• There's still time......everything crossed.....
                            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

• Well lets hope that its a good end not a bad one.

Regards,

Ghost....B

Comment

• Not guilty

Sorry for the late update. He got not guilty on all counts after only one hour this morning but we've been out celebrating and shopping since then so this is the first chance I have had to post.

I will add details of the solicitor and barrister to the list later because they were excellent especially Mr Sandhu the barrister and it was all done on legal aid.

Thanks to everyone who has got me through this and best of luck to those of you still going through it. Keep strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X