Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sparks View Post
    Hi everyone,

Oh SS had another meeting ............ and are encouraging my wife to consider divorce.
    That's outrageous! How dare they???

I'm glad your wife and children are in a better financial position.

Do you play a musical instrument, Sparks? This the perfect time to learn any new skill like that, and it can be so absorbing and gratifying.

Comment

• I don't know why the disgusting bad behaviours of the plod and the SS continue to surprise me

Glad your feeling a bit better and that you got to see your kiddies on Skype.
      Good luck with it all

Comment

• Hi everyone,
        Sorry I have been a bit distant, been having problems medical wise,
        I am so sorry to read myhome is having a down time, my sol says we should receive the depositions In the next
        Few days, at last I will see who says what. I have always believed in this countries justice system, after this I have educated myself, I will prove my innocence simply because I am not guilty but what I have lost and gone through already has been and will remain a punishment that a murderer would not expect.

Comment

• Hi Sparks

Nice to see you back, I know exactly how you feel

Coming to terms with the loss of everything that was important to you is hard and not being with your children is heart breaking but you just have to believe things will get better, it’s not easy I struggle with it every day.

But the people that get through tragedy and that’s what this is, are the ones that have faith.......

take care and look after yourself

Comment

• HI sparks - good to see you here again - hope your health improves very soon...and thanks for your thought for me. MH
            "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

• XX

My thought are with you hun xx

Comment

• I got the statements ( depositions ) yesterday and started going through them, my head is all over the place, I was still awake this morning trying to digest them.
                I cannot get my head around what I am reading, I flicked from one statement to another and nothing is sinking in, I do not know what is relevant to highlight, I really can't get my head in gear,
                The bul***t I am reading has left me numb, and now my stress levels are soaring and I am so angry.
                Even some things in my own statement don't read right and I need the tape recording so I can check what is written is what I said, In one statement person A starts to discredit person B and the interviewing officer cuts in and changes the line of thought of the person, I also feel at times the officer was leading the line of thought, I don't know I think I am too stressed upset and angry to digest it all, sorry for the rant.

Comment

• Hi Stressed out. I understand the panic you're in... it's an awful moment, but at least now you know exactly what's being said. I remeber it all really going to my head. I suggest getting organised in a way that suits you and doesn't take-over your whole being. I photocopied all the statements to have a spare copy, just in case...

I would start with your own - put the others aside for now. Read it a few times (not in one sitting, because everything has to percolate/be digested) look at EVERYTHING. It doesn't surprise me at all that there are things that don't sound like you, before I saw my son's statement, he said 'It doesn't even sound like me, there are loads of grammar mistakes in it and it makes me sound like a thicko' In actual fact , when we compared the satements there were 40-50 errors, and the punctuation was severly neglected. Some words had been added, some missed out,some changed... basically, it could have been read to sound completely different!
                  You can still start without the tape. Once you're totally familiar with the statement, underline in pencil/ put stars or coloured stickers on things that don't seem right to you, it'll be easier to check them on the tape later.

Then go over the others, one by one bit by bit. Make sure you don't spend all your available time on this - it can be really caustic, so take it in small doses and follow it with something you enjoy, or that's going to help you relax again.. (a nice walk?)
                  I'm going to PM an earlier post about statements etc.

Take care,
                  WGO

Comment

• Sorry, Sparks, I did mean 'Sparks'.

Comment

• Thank you, whatsgoingon,
                      The information is extremely useful.

Comment

• Hi Sparks.

I had the same problem where sometimes in my statement there were incoherences.
                        Different names, different words and even <something inaudible>.

I had so many changes and corrections to add that I bought a handbook.
                        I had to correct every mistakes I found from everyone involved including police officers.

At the top of the page I wrote the name of the person's statement.
                        Then the page number and the time written and the line (P4:10-29-47)
                        (P10 last paragraph and P11 before 10-45-37)
                        (P12 line 8)...

I know how you feel as the first time I read it I felt sick to read so many lies from her plus mistakes in my statement and one police officer saying that I admitted guilt.
                        You must go through everything and if you think you can't psychologically do it, leave it a couple of days and go out.
                        When you feel better go back into it. Work on it in sequences and remember what you said.
                        (This was the easiest for me as I knew exactly what I said); then concentrate on her statement.

Months ago I read in this forum that a police officer told someone falsely accused not to try to "play" to be a detective.
                        This is exactly what you must become, you must search and peel the disclosure.
                        PS: Always keep a notepad with you as well.

Take care.
                        Last edited by Boys don't cry; 5 June 2013, 07:23 AM.
                        Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

• Thanks BDC,

I meet with my barrister on Monday to discuss the depositions and the plea hearing, I am confused about the way the Police have handled things but there again I guess things get left alone if there likely to assist me.
                          Having read the statements several times it sounds nothing like the people I remembered, and one of the FA's well I felt sorry for strangely enough.

Comment

• Hub has his first appearance in magistrates' tomorrow and he may finally get to see the statements and a transcript of the tape. He was awake at 3 this morning and in the bath at 4am so I have some idea of how awful it is for you Sparks.

The police have no interest in anything that doesn't assist their case. Because one of our longest serving members of staff told them she had never heard or seen anything remotely resembling harassment or assault and that FA was more than happy, they haven't bothered taking a statement. Totally disillusioned now.

Comment

• Don't be downbeat, I am sure your defence will be able to call the staff member as a witness so there evidence will be heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by sparks View Post
                                Don't be downbeat, I am sure your defence will be able to call the staff member as a witness so there evidence will be heard.
                                Thanks, that's true and there are a number of other 'missing witnesses' and huge anomalies but don't want to be specific on here. If the Police did their job properly though, we would all be saved a lot of stress, money and in some cases, jobs and relationships. It's sloppy and lazy and a total waste of taxpayers money at the very least.

It's ridiculous that we have to hold everything back until the trial to stop the Police going back to the FA and changing dates, times, places etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X