Trial starts a week on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent criptic description by Motty
    "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

I have been following your thread, just to let you know I'm thinking of you, got absolutely everything crossed for you! Can't wait to hear your good news which will come. We will be in your shoes in the new year and I just hope we can cope as well as you are. Loads of luck x

Comment

I won't say it's easy but once you get underway it is so much easier. Just like the rest of the process, there are ups and downs in the trial itself, and some moments are particularly nasty. Even if some moments lead you to believe there is no way the jury will believe you, even that isn't as bad as the waiting. Don't forget, however unpleasant it is for you, it will be just as tricky for the accuser, so take heart in that even if the accuser appears to have the jury eating out of their hands. Most liars tend to overplay things, feeling they need to exaggerate to be believed. That can be their downfall too. Court is intimidating - and with good reason. It is designed to expose lies to find the truth. Truth will out, then it's up to the jury to objectively sift through it. It's not perfect and human beings can make mistakes, but it is still the best system available.

As an aside, all these limbs and extremities being crossed can lead to arthritis!
        "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

I can't see or walk for having my eyes, toes or fingers crossed for you!!

Glad to hear that you are coping well and I loved Mr B's description!
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

TD - you are doing so incredibly well.
            Keep strong and we will keep sending our strength.
            You are an inspiration to anyone going through this.
            Well done.
            Big hugs
            YoH

Comment

All over bar the shouting now.

Comment

Originally posted by terrifieddad View Post
                All over bar the shouting now.
                You are a tease.....is this good news?
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

It is neutral news. All evidence has now been presented.

Comment

My eyes, fingers and toes are still crossed - figuratively speaking. I'm not superstitious. It's just a silly way of saying that I'm thinking of you. Final statements and summing up tomorrow?
                    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Halfway through the summing up now

Comment

Thinking of you, there will be light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

It will be over soon then. Hang in there.

Comment

Do we know any more tonight?
                            Has it carried over to another day?
                            Still crossing everything including eye lashes and earlobes!
                            YoH

Comment

Yes. The points of law part of the summing up was done today. The evidence summary part will be first thing tomorrow and then the jury will be sent out to consider its verdict. Not feeling as positive as yesterday. Worried I could have done more and about adverse inferences. Maybe it's just that it's out of my hands now and back to the waiting game.

Comment

Thanks for replying.
                                Our case didn't get this far so I apologise for my lack of knowledge of the process.
                                There's nothing more you can do and yes, it's out of your hands.
                                You got through it, that's the main thing.
                                And it's almost done.
                                Try and rest for tomorrow.
                                Just remember we're all with you.
                                Big hugs
                                YoH

Comment

Working...
                                X