Trial starts a week on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there
    Bail extended every day in OH trial to leave court during recess lunch hours so shouldn't be a problem for you. I would advise to be mindful of avoiding prosecution witnesses though as they were and can be around area you may be in and also solicitor advised to be aware of your demeanour as jury members are out at lunch times too. Stay strong and positive x

Comment

Be thinking of you

Be thinking of you next week TD. Hold your head high, this is your chance to expose the FA's lies. Keep busy this weekend. Sending you positivity through the ether.

Comment

TD & All

I expect after my Court appearance (in the South of the UK) on the 12th to travel to TD's Court Public Gallery in the North. Everything booked..

I will post daily updates on this thread. Needless to say I support TD 100%. I will be quiet until the Monday 12th on this forum as I too have some prep work to do.

Stick to innocence as that IS what you are.

Kindest regards
        Mr B

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm still waiting for final confirmation of details of the trial due to start this coming Monday 12th. As you can imagine I'm about as anxious as it is possible to be. My head is swimming with all the possibilities. I have long known that my accuser will believe her own lies by now. I have also read of far less compelling cases that have resulted in guilty verdicts. Seeing the positive side is very difficult in the face of that. But I know that she hasn't been challenged yet and this is my chance to set the record straight.
          "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

TD you know you are not guilty and the complainant is lying so keep your head up, and hopefully jury will see she is lying.

The atmosphere in court is negative so don't let it get you. hopefully, you will be going with someone supportive.

Take a small dairy with you where you can write you notes. when prosecution witnesses gives evidence, write down anything which you know is a lie.

You can even give it your barrister or barrister's assistant at the time of cross-examination.

Dress smart and look well because when jury will enter in the court room, they definitely going to look at you so first impression counts.

you will hear good or bad stuff, if might makes you cry, don't stop yourself. crying is good.

I really hope everything goes well for you.
              Last edited by Released prisoner; 9 December 2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Just one full day of guaranteed freedom left. So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your support in case I don't get another chance. This forum has helped me through some very dark days, and I just want you all to know I am grateful - more than words can say. I just hope I will be back to offer my support to others.
                "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

Very best wishes for next week......
                  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Wishing you everything good that you wish for yourself.
                    I'll be thinking of you as will others.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by terrifieddad View Post
                      Just one full day of guaranteed freedom left. So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your support in case I don't get another chance. This forum has helped me through some very dark days, and I just want you all to know I am grateful - more than words can say. I just hope I will be back to offer my support to others.
                      Whatever happens, this particular torture will be over.
                      We will be with you all the way through!
                      Draw on our strength and we will send it by the bucket loads through cyberspace.
                      We look forward to having you back really soon
                      Big big hugs
                      YoH

Comment

Peace and strength to you, and let justice be done.

Comment

Petrified

Hi everyone. I know it's late in the day in more ways than one. I have been re-reading the transcript of my police interview. As far as I know, the CPS does not intend to play the tapes to the court but having looked at the transcript, much of the interview is paraphrased in questions and answers I believe to be crucial. Does anyone know if there is any mechanism at this late stage to compel the Crown to produce this evidence? I believe the actual tapes would undermine the Crown case and this evidence has not been made available to the defence.

Comment

I believe it is possible for your barrister to use the "unused" evidence (the actual recordings) & demand they are played in Court for the benefit of the jury.

Paraphrasing is not the evidence but an interpretation of it.

Best of luck tomorrow morning. I will be there in spirit & physically later that day. You take care. You are not alone.

TTFN
                            Mr B

Comment

Hi everyone. I know it's late in the day in more ways than one. I have been re-reading the transcript of my police interview. As far as I know, the CPS does not intend to play the tapes to the court but having looked at the transcript, much of the interview is paraphrased in questions and answers I believe to be crucial. Does anyone know if there is any mechanism at this late stage to compel the Crown to produce this evidence? I believe the actual tapes would undermine the Crown case and this evidence has not been made available to the defence.
                              Wishing you well for tomorrow. Speak to your Barrister and solictor in the morning about this, it is never to late to raise any issues you have so Barrister can address them. In OH case it was crucial throughout that any thoughts passed to her so she could decide what was crucial and could be used in defence. It is an-ongoing process that you make any notes also during trial that you know are crucial, lies etc whilst you listened to evidence produced at Trial so she/he can use in cross examination. Devil is in the detail. I found no matter how small or important you think something is you must raise it so barrister is aware. Keep your head up. You can get through this. Strength for tomorrow

Comment

There is some useful information regarding this in the 'Procedure' section on this link: (to summarize, the defence can request copies from the police)

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/t...ed_interviews/
                                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                                X