Trial starts a week on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terrifieddad View Post
    Hi everyone. I know it's late in the day in more ways than one. I have been re-reading the transcript of my police interview.

As far as I know, the CPS does not intend to play the tapes to the court but having looked at the transcript, much of the interview is paraphrased in questions and answers I believe to be crucial.

Does anyone know if there is any mechanism at this late stage to compel the Crown to produce this evidence? I believe the actual tapes would undermine the Crown case and this evidence has not been made available to the defence.
    What usually happens is this: the OIC and the prosecutor will go through your ROTI (Record of Taped Interview) with one playing you and the other playing the interviewing officer.

In some cases the defence and pros will agree edits - these would be just edits to remove repeated questions / answers or that are not relevant to the case (naming people for example).

I often see the condensed / summary version in paperwork, rather than the full transcript, so that is not at all unusual. Hopefully you have already spoken with counsel with regards to the bits that were not included in the summary of interview.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Just to let you know I have been granted bail. A previous trial overran so all that happened today was the jury was sworn in and the prosecution made their opening statement.
      "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

Glad to hear you got bail. Sorry more progress wasn't made today, but best wishes that things go well tomorrow.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hi there,

Im not sure what to say but wanted to let you know i believe in you. And im hoping and praying for the right outcome. We all believe you and im sure the jury will too.

Keep strong

Comment

Hi TD been thinking of you today. Hope there is more progress tomorrow. Rest up now. Keep strong.

Comment

Good luck TD, I will be thinking of you over the next couple of days.

Comment

Thanks all. Due to the overrun, it now looks like it might drag on into next week thanks to a quirk of the court calendar this week. Jury appears a good cross section of the community, so that gives me some hope. Tomorrow is the big prosecution day, of course. Mr B should be able to give an impartial appraisal of the day tomorrow.
                "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

Best of luck today

Comment

How was today? Hope you're ok.

Comment

Not counting my chickens. Still a fair way to go. This lunchtime I was very pessimistic but now I am less pessimistic than at any point in this process.

Comment

Keep going, don't give in, and don't doubt your own mind. Thinking of you, come out fighting and keep your chin up

Comment

Day 1 is done. Every day that passes gets you closer to that NOT GUILTY.

We all have a fear of the unknown. You've been in the court room now, something we've all been petrified of at some point. For me that was the scariest thing ever, the thought of being in the court full of strangers. You have done that now.

You are innocent and you will get through this.

Comment

Keep your head held high TD!
                            Hopefully you will get your bearings by tomorrow and calm down!
                            You are innocent, always remember this x

Comment

By way of update re "the Match". I will not be specific & I am being deliberately vague...

Opposing side kicked off first. Whilst ball was in their possession and some ground covered inconsistent passing & references failed to achieve any immediate goals.

They have lost possession to home side who are working their way up field with a purpose

The mood of the home crowd has improved since kickoff. No goals were scored (yet) but this appears to be going in the right direction.

Match was then rained off & will reconvene.

Mr B

Comment

Originally posted by Mr B View Post
                                By way of update re "the Match". I will not be specific & I am being deliberately vague...

Opposing side kicked off first. Whilst ball was in their possession and some ground covered inconsistent passing & references failed to achieve any immediate goals.

They have lost possession to home side who are working their way up field with a purpose

The mood of the home crowd has improved since kickoff. No goals were scored (yet) but this appears to be going in the right direction.

Match was then rained off & will reconvene.

Mr B
                                Excellent stuff : )

Comment

Working...
                                X