Charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charged

Worse moment of my life last week 4 weeks before my first child is born I was charged after 13 months on bail, does not seem real feel so let down by the system. The accuser is my older sister who by all means is a very dangerous woman. Cant help thinking I am 26 is my life over.

So sorry that you find yourself here Farmer42, but you have come to the right place to get plenty of support and guidance on some of the processes that will now happen. Can't offer anything from legal standpoint but we are not too dissimilar in age - I'm just 27. I'm assuming this is all historic? For me it was around 13 years ago.

Others will be along shortly with support. But keep posting and keep faith in yourself.

AI x

Comment

Your life is not over, though I completely understand why you feel that way.

I am the mother of a son who was falsely accused by his sister. I think any false allegation is terrible, but maybe it feels even worse when it is a family member.

You say she is a dangerous woman. My daughter is too but in very subtle ,charming ways. If you haven't done already now is the chance to start building your defence in as cold and rational a way as you can. I know it's so hard when you may be face with the sheer absurdity of what's happening.

We ended up in court but got unanimous NG in an hour. I hope it doesn't go that far for you, but juries usually manage to separate truth and lies.

Use this forum, people really understand what you're going through

Comment

Thank you for the replies means a lot, yes it is historic when I was charged they said it is alleged to have happened somewhere in march 2014 would it be worth putting the story on here so people can see the situation. AI have you been charged? I have started to Wright down all I can people do not realise how common false accusations are until they are here the support means loads

Comment

Originally posted by farmer42 View Post
          Thank you for the replies means a lot, yes it is historic when I was charged they said it is alleged to have happened somewhere in march 2014 would it be worth putting the story on here so people can see the situation. AI have you been charged? I have started to Wright down all I can people do not realise how common false accusations are until they are here the support means loads
          Only post what you are comfortable with and of course don't go into too much detail as it's a public forum.

It's good to write everything down as soon as you can like you have done as these things can drag on a long time so best to have everything fresh on paper so you don't forget little bits through time.

Hope you are coping as best you can, remember your docs etc. are there if you feel you need a little support to get you through this tough time.

Comment

Originally posted by carrot tops View Post
            Your life is not over, though I completely understand why you feel that way.

I am the mother of a son who was falsely accused by his sister. I think any false allegation is terrible, but maybe it feels even worse when it is a family member.

You say she is a dangerous woman. My daughter is too but in very subtle ,charming ways. If you haven't done already now is the chance to start building your defence in as cold and rational a way as you can. I know it's so hard when you may be face with the sheer absurdity of what's happening.

We ended up in court but got unanimous NG in an hour. I hope it doesn't go that far for you, but juries usually manage to separate truth and lies.

Use this forum, people really understand what you're going through

My mums done a statement against me a really really horrible one the two of them together have always sent out to ruin our lives from when I was really young. Really happy to hear you got a NG for your son.

Comment

I'm still a year in mate and not been charged yet - file is now with the CPS. I'm not seeing this as neither good nor bad. Some people have been NFA'd quicker and longer than that and the same with the charge.

Think back to March, where were you, what were you doing, who were you with. I looked up songs from the year I was accused to try and prompt my memory. Anything that you can remember, write down as something on there may then promt another memory or disprove what your mother and family have said.

Start thinking about appropriate representation too. There are some amazing legal aid solicitors out there. There is a part on the forum where you can look though a list. Are you happy with your current solictitor? Have they has success in this sort of accusation?

AI

Comment

I really do wish you all the best with your ordeal, it’s like you are frozen in time.

I remember the exact night she is alleging I did this it was the first time I had seen my mm and sister for years they kept contacting asking to see me so I gave in. I had met with them sacral times after the alleged incident as well and I assumed we were all friends again then pow she makes these accusations. All 3 of my brothers have stood by me they are full aware of the type of woman she is.

Comment

Are you feeling confident with your solicitor? If not, which area will the trial be in?
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

No I do not feel confident with him at all and it will be in Derby any help would be really good thank you in advance

Comment

I don't know any off the top of my head, but have put feelers out.

Comment

Glad your brothers are sticking by you. Make sure they don't try to take the law into their own hands or try to reason with your mum and sister if they are in contact with them. If they do maybe they will open themselves up to allegations or being part of a cover up.

Comment

Originally posted by farmer42 View Post
                          No I do not feel confident with him at all and it will be in Derby any help would be really good thank you in advance

Can you let me know who the current solicitor is please via private message? I have had some answering my call, and I need to make sure that the current one is not among them!!

Thanks

Comment

Sorry that you have found yourself in this position.

Rights Fighter is completely right that you need to have full confidence in your solicitor at this stage so would definitely encourage you to touch base with her via PM to answer her question

Do let me know if you aren't able to use PMs yet and I will see if I can change it.

The charge can feel like the end of the world - but treat it as your chance to fight back at the allegations and put your side across properly; something which you probably feel you haven't had much of a chance to do yet.

Many of these cases DO go the right way so while you must never be complacent, you should never lose hope either. Stay strong.
                            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

We have been in PM contact. i don't want his input to be all via PM as others can learn from the answers given and also others may well be able to advise from their own experiences, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X