Devastating news this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBG1 View Post
    Oh, absolutely. My first knee-jerk reaction was "take all my electronic devices - laptop, phone, Ipad...even works computers - If you find anything inappropiate on there, I'll walk to jail myself! That proves I couldn't have done these things".

The truth is, they already know that....they're not interested in things that might make you "look" innocent.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think that the Police "are trying to stitch me up"....even after all I've been through I can't bring myself to believe that (I'm not that important am I?). No, I just think they are completely DISinterested in anything that might nullify the False Accuser's (FA) story. Their default position is "What the FA has said is true".

Best Wishes

TBG1
    I agree, it seems they look at things with a huge amount of sympathy for the FA and see the accused as the bad guy from the get go where, sadly the reality is, especially in recent times just because someone makes an accusation it doesn't mean they are telling the truth. Myself and my partner are conscious in reminding ourselves it is the police' job to prove guilt, not our job to prove our innocence, this helps rebalance the thought process when the mind drifts off track. May I ask how far into this nightmare you are?

Comment

Originally posted by kw1981 View Post
      I agree, it seems they look at things with a huge amount of sympathy for the FA and see the accused as the bad guy from the get go where, sadly the reality is, especially in recent times just because someone makes an accusation it doesn't mean they are telling the truth. Myself and my partner are conscious in reminding ourselves it is the police' job to prove guilt, not our job to prove our innocence, this helps rebalance the thought process when the mind drifts off track. May I ask how far into this nightmare you are?
      On Monday, it will be 8 months since I went in for interview. Still no decision as to charge or 'No Further Action' (NFA). The only contact I've had since is at 3 months & 6 months in the OIC stated both times that they are "awaiting Social Services reports"! (My FA was fostered by my family)

Best Wishes

TBG1

Comment

Originally posted by TBG1 View Post
        On Monday, it will be 8 months since I went in for interview. Still no decision as to charge or 'No Further Action' (NFA). The only contact I've had since is at 3 months & 6 months in the OIC stated both times that they are "awaiting Social Services reports"! (My FA was fostered by my family)

Best Wishes

TBG1
        Well I sincerely hope you are not having to wait much longer, I hope your letter of NFA will arrive shortly. You have clearly been through one hell of a journey. When the FA is a close family member I'd imagine on top of everything else you have to deal with a huge sense of betrayal too. I hope it isn't too much longer after 8 months it's more than time for this matter to conclude so you and your family can move forward with your lives.

Comment

we got a knock on the door from a police protection officer and social worker, told a historic sexual child allegation had been made against my husband and he had to leave the family home immediatly, when asked by who they couldn't tell us and then when asked how long ago, they couldn't tell us (they said "historic could mean a couple of months ago to decades ago" ) a week later they turned up at the family members house where hubby was staying to take him to the police station, hubby wasn't there so he then drove himself to the station where he was arrested (there was no evidence to support the allegation, still isn't) they searched the family members house with about 8 police officer, family member was in tears about this (the solictor couldn't beleive it that they searching the house after him staying there for only a week, especialy regarding a historic case!!), and kept hubby in custody when they came and searched the house, they phoned me to say someone is coming round to search the house, my 10 month was asleep on me when 2 police officers came round. Even the OIC on the phone, when i asked who made the allegation they couldn't tell me even though hubby had been interviewed, all i remember though is asking how hubby was and she said "not good" At least you have the name before hand and can write up a time line, also see if you can check their social media sites and screenshot anything of interest (maybe the picture of them might also rmeind your OH who it is and that would help before interview). Expect to be arrested on the interview, but this is better than not being arrested, because then they have a bail date, and they work quicker on arrested cases and not non arrested. (even though they can still take a long time on non arrested cases)

Sorry long post, but jut to give you an idea of what happened with us, and what might happen ect... although so many police forces seem to work so differently there is no way of telling
          "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Hey KW1981,

Did your other half attend the voluntary chat with the OIC. Just checking in to make sure you are OK

Comment

Working...
            X