Trial in days..... pleaase help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
    CH- what does that mean- "the CPS own guidelines state the witness can't refer to theit statement in court"?

Sorry to sound thick, but at my OH's trial, the proceedings were stopped so that the key witness's statement could be faxed over and read to him because he couldn't remember what he'd said!
    Similarly a younger complainant had the taped interview played back.

Is this what the CPS are referring too??
    I was certain that a witness can't take anything into the box with them (though RF has mentioned that it is possible to take blank paper & pens in to jot down notes to pass to the legal team) and this link seems to confirm it:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/eastmidlands/v...ked_questions/ (about halfway down the page)

However (quelle surprise!) the rules may be different in Scotland (?) as the equivalent website for there doesn't mention anything about statements except that the defence lawyer will have a copy:

http://www.crownoffice.gov.uk/involv...case/witnesses

Interestingly this webpage also mentions that 'occasionally' in Scottish Courts the accused can ask the witness questions but I presume that this wouldn't be permitted in SO cases?
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

on the ABE she had the post it notes when gently questioned by defence barrister apparently she would say dont know or whatever (I was not there )
      dont think she had the post it notes then, well mummy had a year to coach her didnt she!
      Dont belive the jury even saw the post it notes either!

Interesting fact that the prosecution wanted the judge to meet the FA I think he did ( not 100% on that though)

All I can say that this is starting to destroy me im so heartbroken ( sorry hijacking your thread S2S )

Comment

On the Q and Q bit it asks what happens if I can't remember anything?

It says questions should prompt- doesn't say you can read the whole bl**** statement!!!!

This is how it went- Fiscal read part of statement- asks complainant "Is that correct?" Hardly going to say no at this stage. Reads next bit- Is that correct?? Unreal
        They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

@shah- I know it's the worst thing I have ever ever been through in the whole of my 58 years, The effects on everybody are catastrophic.
          My OH rang me yesterday and I said everything you ever knew before January 2015 no longer exists- that's how it is.
          The destruction has been like having a nuclear bomb dropped on our lives.

Just don't give up, anybody reading this!! You just never know what may be revealed
          They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Its the *Grieving but nobody died* I can so relate to that thats the best words and I tell everyone that..

Like you say dont ever give up fighting.....

Comment

Working...
            X