Very new to this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    Hon, there's more than a couple of holes!
    made me grin!!!! Thanks
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

• Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
      I'm usually behind my desk and if I'm not I'm either in bed asleep or food shopping!
      Or creating mischief!
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

• If only I had the opportunity!!
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

• What do you think?

I've been going over and over stuff in my head and with my sister. We are both wondering why the police Inspector handling the case for the False Accuser in the other county would e mail my current solicitor (after the phone call from my CPN on New Year's Eve) and say, "For the sake of your client....[and the victim].... I want to hurry things along." If I had done everything that she has accused me/us of, surely he wouldn't be in the slightest bit worried about the state of my mental health????? or how long it took to sort it all out?
          Any thoughts any one?

Comment

• Originally posted by myhome View Post
            I've been going over and over stuff in my head and with my sister. We are both wondering why the police Inspector handling the case for the False Accuser in the other county would e mail my current solicitor (after the phone call from my CPN on New Year's Eve) and say, "For the sake of your client....[and the victim].... I want to hurry things along." If I had done everything that she has accused me/us of, surely he wouldn't be in the slightest bit worried about the state of my mental health????? or how long it took to sort it all out?
            Any thoughts any one?
            Two words hon...'arse covering'

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith View Post
              That's a b***er (not a swear word in my county) then. My sister and I were thinking it may have been because he was concerned about my mental health because he knew her stories were porkies..................

Comment

• To be honest, it could be what either you or I have suggested or anyone else. Every officer is different...sometimes I have my anti police head on auto tune.

My advice would be not get your hopes up...then if it is as I feared, you're half expecting it but if it's a good sign then it'll be a nice bonus.

Sometimes we can drive ourselves nuts by trying to read into things that we simply cannot hope to fathom an answer for

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieT
                  Hints of this are evident in the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE).

It could be to do with reasonable grounds as to whether those accused (you) are in danger of harming themselves and thus preventing or perverting the course of justice. Especially if the inspector is aware of any mental health issues, his 'concerns' may not necessarily be sentimental ones.

Again not a definitive answer just my suspicions.
                  Hi Charlie - thanks - as the original phone call on New Year's Eve was made by my CPN who identified herself to the police force in that county, your answer can be very logical - and there was me and my sister thinking he actually cared bout the effect this was having on me,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith View Post
                    This could well be the case Faith. They don't want to be accused of stringing it out causing further MH problems and any action resulting from that.

Or it could be that the officer really does care. I've known that happen. I've also known officers be genuinely horrified that a conviction has resulted when they have believed the suspect to be innocent. These officers are few and far between but they do exist.

Comment

That's a b***er (not a swear word in my county) then. My sister and I were thinking it may have been because he was concerned about my mental health because he knew her stories were porkies..................
                      myhome

Really sorry you find yourself in this position as i know what all this waiting is like as i had 10 months of it

The only thing i would say is try and focus on the fact you know this did not happen and try your best to not second guess what the police are thinking which will probably make you more down.

Like RF has said there probably are still some decent coppers out there but i found it better to think of them all as underhanded nasty idiots as this is safer.

I found my ipod a great tool as i used to download lots of books etc so listening to it gives your brain a rest for a while.

This i found helped a lot.

Hope you feel a little better today.

Comment

• Hi WAC

Thanks - good advice as always..... I'm being a bit more positive in the last fews days, and I'm back to work on Tuesday so that will really help too.
                        MH

Comment

• Great news MH

Glad to hear you feel a little better

Comment

• What can I do about this?

My sister has been trawling through the book about Fred and Rose West and has found some indirect links between some of what they did and a few of the allegations FA has made against me. However, my sister rang this evening and said she has found an IDENTICAL incident in the book to one of the things FA has accused me of. (Unfortunately it is a "lesser" one, but the wording is identical). What can I do with this information? I have not been arrested or charged (police interrogation was on Nov 15th). Can I present it to my solicitor and ask him to present it to the OIC in the county where she made the FA in the hope that it would contribute to stopping this going any further or do I just have to hold onto it and present it as part of my defence if it goes to trial?

Comment

• I'm glad you have taken my suggestions made in our telephone chat, to heart. Ask the same questions on PAFAA for some useful responses, as well as on here.

Comment

My sister has been trawling through the book about Fred and Rose West and has found some indirect links between some of what they did and a few of the allegations FA has made against me. However, my sister rang this evening and said she has found an IDENTICAL incident in the book to one of the things FA has accused me of. (Unfortunately it is a "lesser" one, but the wording is identical). What can I do with this information? I have not been arrested or charged (police interrogation was on Nov 15th). Can I present it to my solicitor and ask him to present it to the OIC in the county where she made the FA in the hope that it would contribute to stopping this going any further or do I just have to hold onto it and present it as part of my defence if it goes to trial?
                                My advice would be to seek legal advice on this. Without seeing the actual evidence it would be hard for anyone to say whether its a wise idea to send things to the OIC. General rule of thumb is not to but Im not very eager to dispel it automatically as I submitted additional evidence to the OIC on the advice of my solicitor and it lef to me being NFA'd

Comment

Working...
                                X