No announcement yet.

Sexual Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely fantastic news im so pleased for you and your family.

but please tell us more for those who are waiting to go to trial, im may be called as a witness for my hubby even though i was not there and wondering what it will be like.
    once again so pleased you can now get on with your life.
    :

Comment

Originally posted by Irishfella View Post
      Thanks Rights Fighter,

Had my Partner and her Father with me during the days of trial. They were an absolute rock to me and ill be forever grateful for them believing in me.

Id like to think i wont be depressed its a massive relief having that worry lifted off my mind. Was also going to bring my accuser to a civil court for slander but after thought decided against this. She is emigrating soon and i think thats the best place for her wherever her destination may be.

It would also cost you a fortune to do that with no guarantee at the end that you would win.

Good luck hon and hope you can make a new life for yourself after this rubbish. The allegations may still show on an ECRB check though so be aware of that.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

great news

Comment

Wonderful!!!!! So happy for you!!! Onwards and upwards, look to the future.
          if you can come through this, you'll beat anything !!

-Woooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Fabulous news, Irishfella! I'm so happy that justice has been done.
            It would be really helpful if you could post up a little about the trial and the "evidence" given by the accuser. Other members who are also facing trial would find it very useful.
            In the meantime, here are some more dancing bananas for you!

Comment

Thanks again,

I will post more about the trial on here later this evening. All i would say to those facing allegations and trials is stay strong and believe in yourself. Its hard being on the stand facing questions but keep calm. You can get through things no matter what the verdict.

Comment

brill, cant wait to read it

thanks

Comment

Ok guys,

Instead of me posting the whole case blow for blow its easier if asked questions about it so ill answer what people want to know.

Remembering it was a crown court trial and not a magistrates ill answer questions to best of my knowledge.

Comment

Hi there, firstly congrats on your not guilty verdict.

What were the questions like that you and she had? In what manner did the prosecution question you. And how did your barrister approach the accuser - I understand that they can't be too hard on the so called "victim" but did she trip herself up in some way? What do you feel swung it for the jury? In what manner did you approach the questions of the prosecution - did they try to trip you up? Did you have witnesses?

Sorry for all the questions but it would be good to hear how your innocence was established, instead of (what sadly seems to happen too often) an innocent person being found guilty.

Kind regards
                    Jen
                    False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Basically the CCTV was not very good for either of us. It didnt show anything but a confrontation. She was first on the stand as pros witness. She had tripped herself up a few times anyway by lying etc. Just normal questions were aimed at her. My barrister did catch her out once or twice. Mine was the same the pros tried catching me out but my statement was true from the start i didnt differ from it at all. The summing up speeches were better my barrister got his excellent points across.

Comment

Hi IF

What sort of points were raised in summing up - from both sides? Who went first?
                        Again, congrats to you for the correct outcome. What reasons were given (at the time) for you being charged in a case that was so full of holes?

Do expect good days and some bad - Tony felt a lot of resentment for a while against his False Accuser and sometimes I think because it was NFA'd that he didn't get to prove himself innocent. However, obviously people who are charged have the enormity of the trial to get through. You should be so proud of yourself for coping during that awful time.

Good wishes to you, and your story will help others so much to know that British Justice can work well.

Jen x
                        False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Hi Jen,

Prosecution went 1st. Just said i was lying and the jury had to return with a guilty verdict. My barrister raised points of how could i have gotten 10 inches up inside a denim skirt to touch her for a split second to a second 2 inches below her vagina without disturbing the skirt or touching her other leg (alleged touch was inside of right thigh) . Accuser also alleged i took a photo up her skirt and my i phone (which was in my bag at that time was seized by police and electronically checked retrieving all deleted images etc and was obviously clean) . Thanks for the support and as you say others may take heart from my story

IF

Comment

congrats IF.. nice to hear this news!!! :-) sorry was a bit late..happy that you can move on with your wife. thanks for answering questions about the trial too.. it helps.!

Comment

Working...
                            X