No announcement yet.

Sexual Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. My sol will be present with me. Thanks for keeping me updated. I'll let you and all know what happens Tuesday.

Comment

ok hope all goes well

Comment

hi
        my husband is going through this as well and he appears in magistrates in mid noc, when you say you get the others statements do you get them on the day.

Comment

in my case at the first apearance at magistreate to enter my plea of not guilty. i was given the statement made by the accuser and 2 matarial witnesses. i had a copy and my sol had a copy so i could take home and study there is a collection point in the court if your sol goes with you they will pick them up before you go into court

hope that helps
          Last edited by blowngasket; 18 October 2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. So if I get the option should I choose magistrates trial or crown court trial. Both are expensive. Magistrates is £1500 + vat and crown is £1750 + vat + £500 per day + vat. This is all a bit much. Plus will my accuser occur similar costs to me? I need to pay the bones of £400 for representation just for entering a plea. Advise would be muchly appreciated here. Thanks.

Comment

The accuser will not be liable to pay any costs as this is not a private prosecution by her.

You are best asking a criminal defence solicitor as to which way to go.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks rights fighter. Have spoken to my sol already and she think crown court will be a more expensive but fairer trial for me. That's if I get the option to elect a crown court trial. Magistrates is cheaper and faster but if found guilty could be referred to crown court for sentencing.

Comment

You are stuck between a rock and a hard place. You could be judged by magistrates who may not yet have had their breakfast (or nookie in over a month) or twelve of your "peers" who just might have more than half a brain cell between them.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

chuckles at nookie-less magistrates!!!
                    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

This is what concerns me. Do the sol fees seem high or do they seem standard?

Comment

Hi Irishfella, so sorry you find yourself in this situation. Have you discussed this with friends in order to get emotional support - as i would do well to get some support at this horrible time. You are in the right place here for support and advice

Kind Regards
                        Jen
                        False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Thanks for reading and replying Jen. Only people I have told have been my brother and my partner. Both are very understanding about the situation. I have my plea before tomorrow and I'm very nervous about it. Have also spoken to another sol and she has re-assured me not to be worried and making myself ill about it but obviously I still am. Will post up tomorrow how it all goes and if I'm allowed I elect a crown trial as opposed to a magistrates.

Comment

I think you'll find that it will go to Crown Court.
                            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I hope so. The fact it's literally my word against hers no evidence my sol said I may not be able to elect.

Comment

I'm sure RF will correct me if i'm wrong - but mag's don't deal with these cases they pass them on to CC as they carry higher sentences than mag's hand out.

Comment

Working...
                                X