No announcement yet.

Sexual Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be that the "victim" is getting cold feet about giving evidence.
    Could be that something has come to light which casts doubt on her credibility.
    Possibly she has moved house and is not returning their calls.
    I don't want to get your hopes up, but I can't think of any reasons why the CPS having "witness problems" can be anything but hopeful for you.

Let us know what happens!

Comment

oh fingers crossed they cant find her or she has decided her lies will come out so she doesnt want to give evidence. good luck keep us updated

Comment

Thanks guys. Don't think I'm lucky enough for something like that to happen. I reckon maybe the arresting officer can't attend thaw date or maybe my accuser has said that she can't. Don't think it will be dropped. As soon as I know I'll post and share what's happenened. Thanks again for all you're support.

Comment

Just had a call from sol they want to bring the case forward. Will see what comes of it. Just gave them the dates that I can't do. Will keep everyone posted.

Comment

please do keep us up to date with how things are going.
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hey guys.
              So I spoke to my sol today. Trial is being brought forward 4 weeks as my accuser is emigrating. Fantastic. My barrister tried to argue it but judge ruled it go ahead. It's not the barrister I have representing me on the day which peeved me off as I think he may have been better. I didn't attend court yesterday. So is this a normal thing to happen?
              Once again any advice is gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know had my trial at a crown court last week and after 2 days of hell the jury were out for 45/50 minutes before returning with a unanimous verdict of not guilty.

Was a very hard few weeks before and after. But thankfully the right verdict came back.

Just want to thank everyone on here for the support during my 8 months of hell that me and my partner have been through. This site is brilliant and so many on here to offer good advice.

Comment

Brilliant news hon. Go out and celebrate but be prepared for the mood swings and highs and lows, days of elation followed by days of intense anger, and depression. You may need to see your GP if/when that happens.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks Rights Fighter,

Had my Partner and her Father with me during the days of trial. They were an absolute rock to me and ill be forever grateful for them believing in me.

Id like to think i wont be depressed its a massive relief having that worry lifted off my mind. Was also going to bring my accuser to a civil court for slander but after thought decided against this. She is emigrating soon and i think thats the best place for her wherever her destination may be.

Comment

That's absolutely wonderful news, I am so pleased for you.

Comment

I'm delighted to read this IF.

Congratulations

And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thank you!

And I'm loving the dancing bananas!

Comment

Thanks RFLH and Browneyedgirl.

The bananas are cracking me up here!!

Comment

Comment

What wonderful news and thanks so much for coming back to let us all know; this will give much hope to those who are facing trial.
                                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                                X