So confused need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So confused need help

my husband has been falsely accused of sexual assault he has today been charged and will need to go to court how the hell can this happen as its her word against his why do tjey beleive her i have read a few things and i know a lot of innocent people get found guilty of this as basically its 12 peoples opinion

That's right, and in the current political climate the police and cps must take every opportunity to get a conviction. That's why they regard every accusation as true and then just chase up looking for evidence which will assist them getting a conviction, and hiding or losing anything which shows the accused's innocence.

It's a big body blow to find out that's what they do, when you've been brought up to believe the police would get to the bottom of the truth.

Sadly today you can make some very dubious allegations against someone and it'll be upheld and a conviction sought.

It's paradise for liars and those with vendettas or a score to settle.

Best thing you can do is find the motive, and get any evidence you can to show their story is a scam.

Comment

Always have hope, be strong for him .the cps and police to try and increase there conviction rates to improve there national and regional statistics.
      Get as much help and support as you can. How the court works the whole process, educate yourself and pull as much resources as you can to limit any unforeseen events.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Homer View Post
        Always have hope, be strong for him .the cps and police to try and increase there conviction rates to improve there national and regional statistics.
        Get as much help and support as you can. How the court works the whole process, educate yourself and pull as much resources as you can to limit any unforeseen events.
        i am not hopeful at the moment mainky as the 12 do not know him if they did it would take seconds to say not guilty yes he has done a stupid thing but not by forceing himself on her i am behind him all the way as i know he is innocent i have been with this man since i was 13 and now we are both 45 if anyone knows him i do, but i suppose that will count for nothing, how and were do i start to find a motive in my opinion it happened she knew he would tell me in the morning and she knew what i would do she got scared went home and said he had forced himself on her but how the hell do i prove that if that is the reason is so difficult and its tearing him apart and its only the begining how will he cope with all this till the trial

Comment

Originally posted by monty View Post
          i have been with this man since i was 13 and now we are both 45 if anyone knows him i do, but i suppose that will count for nothing,
          The jury will be expecting you to come to court and speak up for him (even though not all wives do) so won't place too much credence on your words, but can you think of anyone else who would be prepared to go in the witness box and give him a character reference?

From the jury's point of view it would be best if these witness's were not related and had some standing in the community (clergyman, doctor, local Councillor, employer, etc)

The objective is for your husband to come across as a more credible and believable witness than the wman.
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

iam going through the same thing my word against another no other evidence at all some of her family have given statements saying they beleive her and they dont like me the police will cohearse and the cps will grab anything they can to sway the jury i was a complete nervouse wreck but the people on here have been fantastic they will advise and give you help i thought my defence was only my word but on here i have learnt to look for the little cracks AND MOTIVE i now feel a little better and with that gives me the will to fight i still dont know for sure what the outcome will be but feel so much better than before i found this forum so keep posting and reading and fight you will get bad days and good but hey thats life for ya

Comment

thanks all i will fight all the way and i will be there for him no matter what. and yes we can get people with credentials to stand up for him and give character ref in court. we dont know much else yet till he goes to magistrates first later this month then we can see her statement and as the solicitor said rip that and her to bits til the jury know the truth.
              thanks all for your replies and it has helped to know there are so many people that this happens to, i hope she gets what she deserves in life F--- ALL cant beleive some so called women would say such a thing to cover there selves its embarrising at the moment to say i am a woman/ and i cant beleive how easy it is to make an allegation and all this happens its a total waste of tax payers money waste of police time no wonder the country is in such a mess. rant over

Comment

thanks for the replies it does help to know other people are going through the smae. am i right to worry that my husband even though he is innocent may go to prison he has been charged with sex ass with penetration ( finger ) im so worried for him this is totalally unfair and wish there was more i could do yes the above did happen but with consent so i have to come to terms with my husband cheating on me but not for one second do i beleive her forced the witch to do it.

Comment

A Bit Of Support

Hi Monty,

I no just how your feeling, I am supporting my partner who has been accused of a historical allegation that was supposed to have token place 18 years ago. My partner was changed 2 month ago without any evidence; it’s her word against his.
                  The accuser is a member of the family and was a complete shock to us all. This has torn the family apart.
                  The accuser story states she was 6 and my husband was 13 at the time. My husband has been made to leave the family home due to us having our 8 year son; he is currently living 10 miles away.
                  I believe her motive is money; she has been brained washed by her mother that we have come into money and not shared the winnings????
                  We have more evidance to confirm this is her motive.
                  His accuser is in debt, we are sure she is doing this for a compensation payout.

We are currently building a great defence & just hoping to show the true worm she really is. We have spent a lot of hours writing thing down, and making timelines. We have diged into her past, and have many people who are willing to stand in court and defend my husband, with a statement of the true creature she is. We now laugh about our investigation work and call it “This is your life file”, if we don’t laugh we will only cry & we have wasted too many angry tears on her. I do really hope our case doesn’t make it to court once our evidence is given over, but we are staying open mined, it knocked us sideways when my husband was charged and he is only coming to terms with it now 2 months later.

As sad as it sound we find so much comfort from this forum, knowing where not alone. I myself am ashamed/embarrassed to call myself a woman. This whole thing has made us more opened minded, and has made us realise life is to short.

You are a very strong woman and your husband is very lucky to have you. I do wish you and your husband the best of luck in this long journey.

Comment

Its a tricky situation to be in. Its unfair to say that you are embarrassed to be a woman, after all it was your husband that decided to commit adultery and have sex with her. He has opened the doors for this to happen when he got into bed with another woman.

But this doesn't make him a rapist. It would be really hard for you to stand up for him in court and defend him. People would argue that even though you've been together for over 30 years, you evidently didn't know him that well if he could do this behind your back. I'm not trying to be mean but this is the way I see it, and other laymen would undoubtedly see it this way too. If you can try and get professional people for the refs. If they are women its all the better. Think Doctors, teachers, clergy ect!
                    Laugh at your problems, everybody else does. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Comment

I sometimes feel embarrassed that I am female because of the number of false allegations made by women against men.

It was Bluebell who stated that she was embarrassed to be a woman not - Monty.

Even if Monty had said that, this would have nothing to do at all with her embarrassment because her husband cheated on her. By doing so does not open the door to false allegations - he just chose the wrong woman to do it with. Best to stay faithful and refrain from one night stands is my motto. However we ALL make mistakes and none of us are perfect.

I know several men who are really embarrassed to be male at times, because of the way some men treat women. It is not their fault that members of their own gender behave like that but it does not stop us being embarrassed at what our own kind can sometimes be capable of.

There is good and bad in all walks of life.

But this doesn't make him a rapist. It would be really hard for you to stand up for him in court and defend him. People would argue that even though you've been together for over 30 years, you evidently didn't know him that well if he could do this behind your back. I'm not trying to be mean but this is the way I see it, and other laymen would undoubtedly see it this way too. If you can try and get professional people for the refs. If they are women its all the better. Think Doctors, teachers, clergy ect!
                      Why would it be difficult for her to defend him? Wives often find themselves in this position.

The awkward question she might be asked at trial is "Do you trust your husband Mrs X?" There are ways of honestly answering that question without landing him in it.

Why would "other laymen undoubtedly see it" the way you do? You cannot speak for other people. Not everybody thinks like you.
                      Last edited by Rights Fighter; 18 October 2011, 12:46 PM.
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

just for the record my husband did not et into bed with anyone as a stated it was penetration but this was a finger. yes my husband has done the ultimate wrong to me by doing this but do i beleive he forced himself on her not for 1 tiny second do i trust my husband even after this then yes of course i do thats why im still here willing to defend him and let people know the truth. the reason i do trust him is because he had told me what had happenend and she would of known that and that is why this has all come about in my opinion i know the person but not closely she is on my team at work we had a team bbq at my house and this was at the end of it i was in bed drunk (big mistake) . someone has said on here to dig up all the dirt sbout her past etc and find a motive to lie but how do i dig up dirt on someone i dont know. thanks so much for your advice this site has been great for me and will no doubt need it a lot more in the coming months as we are only at the very early stage.

Comment

AMRE
                          i do appreciate what your saying and welcome these sort of replies as im sure there will be a lot more to come i know if people knew my husband this would not enter there heads but unfortunately not every one does know him.

Comment

oh sorry and how do i answer the question do i trust my husband.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification Monty.

I have to say I do admire your dignity in the way you have dealt with this and the fact that you are still supporting him.

I have no doubt that hubby is really grateful that you are standing by him through this difficult time plus you are being pro-active in your search for advice and assistance.

Digging the dirt on the complainant is not always helpful as "bad character" is unlikely to be admitted into evidence (should it get that far) unless it is entirely relevant to the case. If she has previously falsely accused somebody then obviously that can help if there is evidence of that, rather than just word of mouth.

You have already established a motive. I would be looking to see if she is short of money as well as she could make quite a bit of money in the form of "compensation" courtesy of the tax payer.
                              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                              X