No announcement yet.

Having a hard time of it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice file - I think this would be something along the lines of a written document called an "Advice" as to whether there is a reasonable prospect of conviction.

In cases I deal with I see "Advice on Appeal" or "Advice on Evidence" (pre trial) and usually written by a barrister.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hard luck with the re-bail macdougal. Touch wood Casehardened has read the scenario correctly.

A wee question: Can you keep getting re-bailed indefinitely or is there a permissible limit?
      My name is Andrew and I am a screenwriter looking to meet with men falsely accused of rape: http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ead.php?t=1215 If you would care to meet please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by AMVC View Post

A wee question: Can you keep getting re-bailed indefinitely or is there a permissible limit?
        This is something I have researched extensively and it appears that there is no limit stipulated in PACE.

If the rebails are getting ridiculous (i.e. over a year) a solicitor could try to get the case dropped due to 'abuse of process'
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Just a quick update...still no news other than I now know the casefile was sent to CPS on the 10th of feb. Any ideas of a timescale now?

Comment

Unfortunately no. It depends on the workload of the CPS. You might hear before your next bail date, or they might not tell you anything until you turn up at the station to answer bail.
            Sorry! But at this stage you have to assume that no news is good news. You should use this "dead" time to prepare for the worst case.
            Good luck!

Comment

Had a knock on the door at 2.30pm today from OIC ofmy allegation.
              She passed me a letter, with a smile on her face informing me that I have been NFA'd.
              It was also pleasant to hear her say, "I could have told you on the day you were arrested that this was a load of ******** but had to be professional."
              Just thought I'd let you guys know its over in some respects for me
              Thanks for everyones support, its been greatly appreciated and thankfully recieved

Comment

wow - another one!! What brilliant news, so pleased to read it.
                And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

great news matey wish you all the best in the future

Comment

Wonderful news macdougal.
                      That's two strikes this week, and I just made a third myself today for someone else.
                      Last edited by LS; 4 March 2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Brilliant news & doesn't it give you a whole new perspective on life like a reprieve from a serious illness
                        Last edited by Casehardened; 5 March 2010, 01:29 AM.
                        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Wonderful news, MacDougal! Phew! we seem to be on a roll here....
                          Let's hope others have the same good news.

Comment

WOW im over the moon for you mate. Im so glad now you can start as you mean to go on. live your life to the full and enjoy it. im so glad for you and lets hope its the start of a bright future for you. Im due for re-bail as was same day as you (22nd march) so i hope i can make it a clean sweep and get some good news like your good self. take care.
                            Last edited by viva; 5 March 2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

OMG, congratulations Macdougal!!!

Im sooo pleased for you mate, now hopefully you can get on with the rest of your life and put this nightmare behind you now!!

Hoping to get the same result for my lady when her next bail date comes up so fingers crossed we have a happy end in sight in the near future!!

JUSTICE has been served!! Dead happy for ya!!

BROKEN

Comment

Hey all. Huge thank you from myself for both the support and the messages of congratulations.
                                I must say the huge weight of worry has been lifted, but I still feel very angry and have already started the ball rolling with getting my name removed from CRB I WONT GIVE UP!!!
                                For those of you awaiting a result the best advice I can give and to those with partners awaiting a result, HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH. You know you have done nothing wrong! Yes expect the worst, i did, but be strong and dont give up. I'm not sure if it takes a while to sink in but I feel no sense of relief just yet and I keep arguing with people who tell me i should be relieved that surely only a guilty person would feel relief if they had got away with it. anyone else feel that way after NFA?
                                A friend of mine told me he was "made up mate, glad you got away with it" nearly fell out with him i didnt get away with anything lol. i didnt DO anything.
                                but he meant glad it didnt go anywhere.
                                Rights fighter might have the best answer for me with this question.....can i take civil action out against this girl or could that bring it all back up and be reinvestigated? I cant go through that hell again

Comment

Working...
                                X