No announcement yet.

Having a hard time of it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The accuser doesn't have a solicitor. All she has are the police and the prosecutor and if you have not been charged then I doubt she would be talking to the Crown just yet - unless she has said something that might make them doubt her story.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

in my experience i didn't meet the barrister for the prospecution (the one on my side) til the day of the trial and police didn't tell me anything the defendant had said (other than that he had pleaded not guilty and wasn't deny sex took place). as much as there will always be some police officers that say what they shouldn't i think the majority probably do their job properly but it is the minority that get talked about.
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

I think that angers me slightly!!!
        I was under the impression anyway that she had said what she had said and then after the initial questioning had just forgotten about it and got on with her life like nothing had happened. Then I thought no cos she will be liasing with her legal help and now I know she doesnt have any yet my initial thoughts are confirmed.
        Im struggling to stop myself from breaking down daily as im so scared, but i know from people that know her that shes out partying, constantly laughing and joking looking for new jobs arranging holidays and it really hurts. Im an emotional wreck.

Is this a girl with no conscience or is just someone who doesnt realise the effect its having on me and my family?

I really pray to god that the police can see the lies and justice is done

Comment

hey in the same situation as you i answer bail on the 13th been on bail since 21 st of dec the waiitng is killing me some day s confident others worry like hell having more worried moments than good at the but am spending more time alone try and stay posative and keep your chin up and keep busy
          hope every thing gose ok and will be thinkin of u over the next few days

Comment

i can relate

Hi
            Hope you can keep strong enough to get through this. i know how you feel as im going through a very simular nightmare.
            I have been falsley accused of raping my 13yr old sister in law. Its been dreadful to say the least.
            Its easy for people to say stay strong but its not that simple.
            keep in touch, ive a post on hear that you can take a look see if it helps (viva)
            try and stay strong

Comment

Cheers for the support, my support goes out to you also. Im the same, some days the confidence is beaming and im like "no way this can go against me. ive done nothing wrong" and other days I just break down into bouts of uncontrolable crying. its hard and i think youre probably in the same position as me where the closer you get to answering bail, the more anxious you become.
              the knots in my stomach which were at one point tied in the pit of my stomach, have gradually worked there way up to the point where its in my throat and i feel sick with anticipation. I have just the weekend to wait it out.

Thoughts are with you! Stay strong

Comment

People who make false allegations are completely without morals or ethics of any recognisable kind.
                Yes, it is easy to say "stay strong" but until the case is NFA'd or charges are brought that is really all you can do. That and prepare for the worst, so that if you *are* charged, it won't be such a terrible shock. The waiting is dreadful, but it will come to an end. And then you will either need to spring into action, or start rebuilding your life.

Thinking of you all

Comment

Im not going to hear anything now unbtil I answer bail monday evening. The CPS still havent made a decision. Is this positive or negative that theyve taken all the time?
                  If they were going to charge me or had enough evidence to charge me would this have been done prior to bail date?
                  My solicitor has told to just try and block it out and get on with my weekend. Easier said than done but its derby weekend in the football so hopefully this can take my mind off things.
                  Ive never been so nervous in all my life guys, its physically hurting now.

Fingers crossed for monday

Comment

Go to answer bail 5pm tomorrow. Are the only posibilities that they'll charge me, charge and interview, extend bail or NFA? or are the other outcomes i should prepare for? and theres no way theyll keep me in custody tomorrow regardless of what is said?

Comment

that's all they could do - you won't be held. If they do charge you, you'll be re-bailed.
                      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thanks RFLH,
                        the footballl didnt help, im a wreck.
                        I was speaking to a friend of a friend yesterday who was falsely charged with rape but found not guilty in court. Now he said that based on my case and his case he can not see this even getting to court. He was held in custody until he'd seen the magistrates who then gave him bail. I was released on bail as soon as id been interviewed and told by CID that they couldnt see this going anywhere? Is this normal?
                        He's actually given me the name of the solicitor who he used who happens to work for the firm dealing with my case who has dealt with some very high profile cases so if i am unfortunate to be charged at least ive got someone good fighting my corner.

Comment

It is, its down to the CPS if the charge goes ahead. Hopefully nothing will come of it tomorrow.

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you and I'll be thinking about you too.
                          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

goodluck for tomorrow and hope after it all you can sort your life out for the better.
                            Ive to wait until 22nd march so still got a while to go.

Comment

viva the wait is horrible isnt it.
                              im hoping for good news today. and if i get it ill still be coming on here anyway offering my supprt
                              Its a shi**y hand we've all been dealt but I believe things happen for a reason and we'll come out good the other side
                              Chin up mate

Comment

Hey MacDougal
                                Just wanted to wish you good luck for this evening. Please let us know what happens, we will all be thinking of you.
                                Chin up.

Comment

Working...
                                X