No announcement yet.

Can the police really play these games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how far fetched an allegation may seem, the police will generally always arrest if the accused is in a position of trust because of their obligation to safeguard vulnerable people. He alleges that he had a one off with me now coming up 4 years ago, a married woman (with absolutely no blot on my record) and that miraculously I've never contacted him since, he never had my phone number and he can't remember my house, or what we did and he can't remember when it was (which is irritating, because my husband did work away 2 days a week for a short period of time, the police are assuming it must have been then). I worked under those conditions because I absolutely loved my job and was passionate about it. Would I go back to it? Not a bloody chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amre View Post
      Sorry, i am a bit slow. Its just so hard to believe, even for me, and I'm on here lots. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but if a 16 year old boy went to the cops with a "I love her and she loves me" storyline, surly it would be approached with extreme skepticism?
      In my case, the accuser went to the police saying how much we had been in love and how she still loved me...and they took it along for 8 months...it was an allegation of touching over the clothes with consent when she was 14 and I was 19. Falseof course...and a ridiculous waste of police resources.

An, now, my carrer is in tatters and my state of mind struggling. It does indeed happen even with the most ridiculous allegations.
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Hi i have a question for faith, I have followed a few of your posts. Just wondering if you have yet recieved your ecrb and how long has it been.

Regards

Comment

Yes True Talk,I have received it , it took about 8 weeks which is the longest it's ever taken...it also wasn't a nice read so I am working with an MP and a solicitor to try and appeal it's unjust contents

If you wish to discuss the topic further, you may start a fresh topic so we can keep this thread for NotSoHappy

Comment

No further action :-D xxx

Comment

Brill news, thanks so much for letting us know!

Comment

I'm really pleased to read this!

And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I imagined I would be dancing around the room With delight, but I just feel really numb. Thanks so much for all your support on here, this forum is invaluable x

Comment

That's a very normal feeling hon and you still have some ways to go in terms of fighting for your career...please keep returning for support and advice as and when you need it

Comment

Super news, so glad to hear this
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Wonderful news!
                        The numb feeling will disperse. It may well be replaced with anger, depression, grief. These are all very normal. Feel free to come back if you need to.

In the meantime, I am very happy for you

Comment

Working...
                        X