No announcement yet.

Can the police really play these games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like our own personal hell I was happy today untill one of my lawyers called me and said call the solicitor there is only 3 months left and we are running really behind he freaked the hell out of me .I was shaking OMG but at the same time it's been 1 and a half years but you never get used to living with this -I prey for you they won't charge you it's like your own personal horror story

Comment

Isolation is exactly how i felt, joining the site has solved part of this.

Naivety hits us all when first posting on the site, the realisation that one person can accuse another of such a dreadful crime without any evidence or witnesses is a horrible reality.

Wunderland, you have hit the nail on the head a personal horror story is exactly how this situation feels with no end near in sight. You have been so brave in the 1.5 years you have waited, i hope i have your strengh if we have to wait the same.
      It has been 5 months for us which seems like a lifetime.

Stay strong you are doing so well x

Comment

The police basiclly have sooooooo much more power then we have.I think it's very important not to mess with them they can send any of us bankrupt with their goverment cheque book's they are using the money you pay your tax with to now ruin your life isn't it ironic.The first month after the police arrested me I had a massive nervous breakdown I would call the first 6 months absolute madness I thought they were bugging my phones etc etc SAD LOL guess what I even winked at this bloody prosecuter who was handling my case after I did that He was angry and it was a big mistake because The police can do what ever they want they can play any games they like and they can bend lot's of rules and can get away with it .Hey half of the police im sure there are like 3 nice one's out 10 but I would say a massive amount of the Where bullies in school who are power hungry lunatic's there whole purpose of living is to be able to have the power to **** up people's lives and carry guns but I think you should be a lot more worried about the DPP they are the one's with all the power and make all the decisions they are in charge and the police are their minions also i don't mean to scare you but because you are a public servant if you do get charged be vary carefull of the media they LOVE public servant stories like teachers and students be weary of them trying to contact you or waiting outside courtrooms or police stations when you go to bail also knocking on your door or ringing your phone (if you get charged) they are as worse then the police I absolutely hate them

Comment

I'd be prepared for the computer to potentially take longer than 10 weeks. Obviously, the computer side of things, you have nothing to worry about as you will know that there is nothing unsavoury on there. I am assuming that you are the only one with access to the computer?

In many cases, they seperate the charges and push ahead with a charge on the first issue as they have enough without the computer. they can do this before the computer comes back. The fact that they are waiting on the computer (even though there are no allegations against you in relation to your computer) suggests that they are hoping there is something on there to strengthen the first charge. Obviously there is not so there is nothing they can find to strengthen the first charge. So from that perspective (and remembering I only know the very bare bones of your situation) I might be tempted to suggest that they may be wary on charging you as they may not have enough.

However, that is by no means a definite so please don't get complacent. I think cautiously optimistic is probably a better way to be right now

Try not to worry about the work side of things. Sadly, when an NFA comes, the battle will go on in terms of work, but get in the mindset that the most important battle right now is to clear your name in terms of the law.

I completely understand your reluctance to post up a county. No one will force you to part with any information here that you don't want to.

Once you have been here a week and have made over ten posts, you will have the function to send Private Messages made available so anything you want to discuss with anyone that you don't want on the forum can be done via those means.

Take care of yourself. Keep coming back for support. Try and avoid too many horror stories though.
          "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

The computer is crucial- the "victim" alleged they had spoken to me online and that's were the "inciting sexual activity" apparently happened. So the pc scan, on a six month old pc which actually is not my computer and belongs to my husband is meant to "uncover" something that didn't happen 3 years ago. There is other information which I could give which would explain why they are on a complete goose chase but that isn't for a public forum just yet. All they have is a statement which is so full of holes I can't even begin. As in "I think she might have asked me to come to her house in the summer but I can't remember"... Great!

Comment

hi is the evidence on the computer for your defence or for the accusers..
              still not got mine back after 18 months my son was sentenced last aug and they have found out we are going for appeal so won,t return it ...
              because they know their is something on the hard drive that can help my son.s case. they deleted all his alibis,

Comment

There's nothing that would either incriminate or defend me on there, Its my husbands computer and i literally used it twice to check eBay! My mobile is my main source of Internet but my solicitor made them return it as it was fully scanned and cleared within 5 weeks. Because they seized the pc they are scanning it as a safe guard perhaps. Goodness knows. The alleged offence took place nearly 4 years ago, they think, perhaps, possibly. I don't have the computer i had at that time and haven't for about 2 years. Not that they're bothered.x

Comment

well that is good news.that is one less thing to worry about .let them get on with it.

Comment

I had a missed call off number witheald this evening. I know it's a Sunday night, there was no voicemail left but it's enough to have me feeling panicked and awful. I just want this to end.

Comment

This may not be what you want to hear but that probably won't ever go away. My heart still tightens every time the post comes and every time an unknown number comes up with the phone.

Comes with the territory of being falsely accused. Sorry that I couldn't say anything more comforting.

Comment

I know it's 99% not the police, they probably wouldn't ring on a Sunday night and every time I've missed a call theyve left a message. I'm not a jittery person but the strangest things are upsetting me. I walked the dog earlier this week at the park and a girl was playing near by. I literally dashed away, terrified I'd be accused of breaking my bail condition. It's a sad way of being :-(

Comment

Well thats the thing...I 100% know its not the police as I was NFA'd back In february but I still absolutely detest it. I avoid children at all costs too...it's horrible how these experiences change us isn't it

Do you have bail conditions to stay away from children...or is it just not to contact your accuser and their family/friends?

Comment

I have one bail condition and that's no unsupervised contact with 11-17 year olds. I don't have a bail condition surrounding my accuser or their family, which I thought was odd tbh.

Comment

That is odd, although if your accuser is still between 11 and 17 year old, then your bail condition covers both grounds.

Ironic that you're allowed contact with under 11s!

Comment

Hi NotSoHappy

my son's bail conditions also state that he must not have unsupervised contact with anybody under 16. My daughter is 14 and they walk the dogs every day together, have done for 8 years now sometimes with my daughters friends in tow which has now become an issue obviously.
                                It is normal to be jittery, it is not uncomon to become paranoid and run away from situations that you feel uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X