No announcement yet.

Drug raped aged 15 ( 18 years ago )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could work. It sounds similar to Recovered Memories.

However you should be aware that there is also something called False Memory Syndrome - people under hypnosis have genuinely believed that they "remembered" something which in fact didn't happen. There was a famous case a few years ago where a young woman had "remembered" under hypnosis that her father had sexually abused her as a child for years. I am not sure off-hand whether he was convicted or not, but the accusation alone tore the whole family apart. She later realised that her "memory" of the sexual abuse was entirely false, and had in fact been encouraged by the practitioner who hypnotised her. See this website: http://www.fmsfonline.org/

Of course I am not for one second suggesting that your recollections are false. However I do think that this is a very imprecise practice and should be used with caution. Should you decide to go down this path, bear in mind that any decent legal team will then look at the False Memory route as well.

I certainly think you should go to your GP. You can always request a female doc if you would prefer that. Your GP will be very kind and non-judgemental, and may be able to help you in non-medicinal ways such as counselling. You have made the first step by posting about your ordeal here. You do have the courage to do this.
    Last edited by Saffron; 9 March 2012, 12:47 PM. Reason: adding website details

Comment

Hi I just read on the site for forensic hympotisim that they wont let anyone testify in court after having it done , so i will not be using it as it can ruin a case , I am Going to contact my local rape crisis centre , they say they can support u through court etc and I will Need this if it gets to court....

Comment

I read on the Internet that if a case does go to court I dont Need a lawyer is this true if you know ? I cant understand this as who will question Or cross examine the accused ?

Comment

Originally posted by scottishgirl View Post
          I read on the Internet that if a case does go to court I dont Need a lawyer is this true if you know ? I cant understand this as who will question Or cross examine the accused ?
          I imagine this is in the sense that if the PF takes up the case they will instruct a lawyer to prosecute (so you won't need to find one in the way you would if you were defending an allegation)
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

What casehardened says is right. Generally, when this support is given to you, all the legal tasks such as finding representation are done on your behalf.
            Whereas the man who attacked you will have to arrange his own defence.

The rape crisis centre and your GP are both very good steps. You are doing the right thing but you are going to have to start sifting through unpleasant memories...this won't be an easy journey even though it is the right one. Ensure you have as much support in place as possible.
            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

My advice would be to leave it alone. Its a soul distorying process and if i could turn back time i wouldn't have reported my rape. The case went to court and the guy got time and it still wasn't worth it.
              Why drag all that up after so long? Try to forget about it.
              Laugh at your problems, everybody else does. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Comment

Working...
              X