OIC cancels evdidence meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sam

Sorry but you shouldn't even loose your job until you are found guilty, before that you are a innocent man. This is why the accused name should not be released until charge. I do hope you get an NFA and I hope you get it soon.

Pond31

Comment

NFA after two years one month!!

Yes! At last, a letter from the solicitor informing us of NFA! So bananas please, of course, but somewhat bruised bananas, I have to say, since the solicitor had assumed we'd already have heard from the OIC but we have heard nothing of yet. And - this being the third time of NFA, we fear a third lot of reprisals from the complainant-the last two times she complained and we got NFA (yes, she did it twice before...) there was car and house vandalism and intimidation. Although mr weary, the defendant WHO IS NOW NFA!!! plans to warn the police - just in case - so if there is anything -he can say- I did tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by weary View Post
        Yes! At last, a letter from the solicitor informing us of NFA! So bananas please, of course, but somewhat bruised bananas, I have to say, since the solicitor had assumed we'd already have heard from the OIC but we have heard nothing of yet. And - this being the third time of NFA, we fear a third lot of reprisals from the complainant-the last two times she complained and we got NFA (yes, she did it twice before...) there was car and house vandalism and intimidation. Although mr weary, the defendant WHO IS NOW NFA!!! plans to warn the police - just in case - so if there is anything -he can say- I did tell you.

OK so you have an NFA. Are you saying that the FA appealed twice? Anyway

Comment

Oh, my golly gosh! Bruises apart, I am so very pleased for you. I hope above hope that there are no repercussions for you and Mr Weary, but an NFA is an NFA, so enjoy the bananas and cross other bridges if they present themselves.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Great news Mr and Mrs Weary.

I guess it's triple banana's for you and fingers crossed this will be the end of the nonsense

I hope you can now enjoy the sunny weather and the rest of your lives in peace

For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
            https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

I can see why you chose your user name.....and I know it's a cliché but perhaps it will be third time lucky!
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post
                OK so you have an NFA. Are you saying that the FA appealed twice? Anyway
                Just to clarify - in the last couple of decades, the accuser has gone to the police three times with the same accusation, no new evidence. Each time was NFA and the next time, because all the police reports had been destroyed (presumably because of NFA plus the number of years between complaints) weary, my spouse,had to go through the interviews all over again as if a new complaint. So this is the third time he has had to reply to the same accusation, and the third NFA. Who knows if, in five or ten years time she will try again? I do hope the police keep the interview reports etc this time

Comment

Thank the Llamas for that!!

YoH

Comment

Now she wants money

A post-script: having got the all clear (and the bananas) last April, weary was shocked this week to get a letter from one of those 'no win no pay' solicitors who are after damages for the "years of abuse and mental problems" he subjected her to right up until adulthood. It also tells him to provide a list of all his assets and not to move any money without telling them. He is to reply within two weeks . Obviously he is going back to the solicitors this coming week, but this is absolutely outrageous -not to mention downright untrue. He has so much evidence to disprove her claim we are surprised she is even trying (she has probably forgotten much of what she did/said) but we just wondered if anyone has any words of consolation at this once more stressful time. (and no - he has no intention of coming to an agreement over money -he doesn't have money - and surely they can't take your home can they?)

Comment

I’m so sorry to hear about this mrs weary.

I have to say, this is the first time I can think of a civil claim for damages but I’m not surprised that some people are grubby enough to lower themselves for money.

This is one more reason to hang on to all of your evidence and paperwork after an NFA or NG.

Mr W certainly needs legal advice here.

I’ll keep everything crossed that this comes to nothing
                      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Happily I've never had any dealings with these 'vulture' solicitors from either angle but as they have to front theirs and any court fees I suspect they prefer corporate targets who carry insurance to cover these sort of claims.

Mr Weary will have got the standard 'fishing' letter in the hope he will settle out of court as so many organizations do; as Peter says, if he responds robustly through a solicitor and there are no fluid assets, this firm will politely tell the FA 'thanks but no thanks'
                        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Is this type of legal action going to become almost standard practice?

How unfair is it, that after a police investigation that a person that made the claim failed to offer enough evidence for a case to be taken to court.

What more can a person accused of such accusations offer to show they did not commit the act? The police found no suitable evidence and I assume that the CPS found the case not suitable also.

Surely this should not be considered as legal.

Comment

This might be worth a read.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/fa...r-child-abuse/

Unsure if it applies, but it looks like maximum court compensation would be £5000....

https://www.emmottsnell.co.uk/unders...aims-for-abuse

Out of interest, how much are they seeking?
                            Last edited by soulbug; 26 November 2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

This could be an informative read.

Time limit for sexual abuse claims - Parliament ...
                              PDFresearchbriefings.files.parliament.uk

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...=1543226074479

England and Wales
                              The “limitation period” is the time within which one person may bring a civil action
                              against another. The current rules on limitation periods in civil proceedings are complex.
                              Different periods apply to different causes of action.
                              The time limit for bringing a civil claim for personal injury is:
                              • three years, from the date on which the cause of action accrues,
                              or, (if later):
                              • three years from the date of knowledge (as defined) of the person injured.

Three years from the date of knowledge..... Interesting point.
                              Last edited by soulbug; 26 November 2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Blooming heck, Mrs Weary, this is one determined FA!!

I hope a quick contact with Mr Weary’s solicitor will give him the ammunition to give these vultures - and therefore the FA - their marching orders.

Let no-one say this isn’t all about money for her!!
                                'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
                                X