No announcement yet.

12 Months Down the Line....Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much the same story here only not been waiting as long OIC recommended my OH's case go NFA and so did his supervisor, then the police in FA's area sent it to CPS, twelve days later, no one is willing to say why.

OIC said it would only be a few weeks until the CPS get round to it and that was in November, it's now March and they CPS have not looked at it or even given it a severity rating, we were told it should go NFA within two weeks after the interview now nearly six months on we're still here.

My only Advice is see if your solicitor see if he can your local CPS and find out what's going on with your case... If the police do not think it's serious and there's not much to the case your sol can make a petition for it to go NFA. Ours is doing this in 15 days (not that I'm counting them) It won't change the outcome if there is enough to charge but will speed up the process if there is not.
    Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Hi sorry to see you are still waiting for a decision either way I know it tourture, limbo is an awful place to be in!

In my case I waited 8 months for a NFA, and 11 months from the first allegation. I was interviewed, not arrested or charged.

I was interviewed my family was interviewed, my medical records examined, social services reports looked at, my phone and Lat top etc taken and examined and everytime I phoned the OIC I was ignored and told the investigation was ongoing.

I guess they tried everything they could to secure a charge but I assume the case was so weak they had to NFA, I tried to find out but they wouldn't tell me. Also I was never really told what the case against me was, just a little as disclosure.

So to all of you still waiting just hold on and hopefully you will get your NFA.

I will say this even if you get a NFA it's not over, as you can guess the false allegations against me are still pretty painful to bear, they have changed my family life and how I view the justice system forever, and I'm sure it's the same for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartat View Post

I will say this even if you get a NFA it's not over, as you can guess the false allegations against me are still pretty painful to bear, they have changed my family life and how I view the justice system forever, and I'm sure it's the same for others.
        Your story echoes a lot of my thoughts and feelings...being kept in the dark and not informed but you are right. It's definitely not over with an NFA. I still have to live with the emotional pain of being falsely accused and the repercussions of telling every future employer in case it shows up on my DBS. The Police were quick to investigate me but not interested in being impartial because they clearly believed my accuser. He's now under investigation for fraud and potentially perverting the course of justice after I handed in evidence to undermine his allegation but I'll never forgot the 16 months of nervous waiting and anguish.

Comment

Thanks for everyones messages and info! It's good to have support and feedback from people in a similar position, otherwise this thing can make you feel VERY alone. My parents are the only people that know about this, it's tough to keep something so toxic bottled up for so long.
          Last edited by KeepTheFaith; 3 April 2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X