No announcement yet.

Time on bail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sit tight and hold on aidy... Your not alone ... I am in exactly the same boat my friend!

I don't even have a bail date!

Comment

In our case the FA claims she was raped the month before she went to the police in August 2012. My OH was then bailed, re bailed and re bailed until he was charged in Oct 2013 We wondered why it dragged on for so long, only finding out after he was convicted quite how bent the IOC was. Whilst we thought she was out 'investigating', turns out she was 'losing' vital CCTV, waiting 18 months to speak to crucial witnesses for the defence who then could not remember much, and falsifying documents. If her so called investigation had been balanced, thorough and timely we have been told he probably wouldn't have even been charged...

Should add - he was convicted in June 2014 and sentenced to 7 years.

What the hell is the matter with people!! my heart goes out to you and your OH jesus H Christ makes my blood boil yet again police corruption bet the OIC was chasing promotion and as for the Barrister they can and will make deals with the prosecution, its all about making money...
      Hope you can get an appeal...

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        Have you tried another solicitor? Sounds like an argument for an Abuse of Process to me
        Can we come back to the topic please? Ta ever so!
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

After just three weeks on bail, my case is already with the cps, so new bail date in six weeks.
          "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

Can we come back to the topic please? Ta ever so!
            The original topic was regarding length of time on bail, lol !

Originally posted by Prism View Post
            Quick question -- what's the average time people have been on bail before any action (positive or negative) has been taken?

Prism
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

My solicitors were informed around lunch time on the day I had to report for bail in the late afternoon. I was still asked to go down to the station later in the afternoon as I needed to pick up some things that had been used for evidence. Other than that was only in their less than five minutes. Was not given any further information other than recommended not to contact the claimant again and the police officer had said the same to her.

From my judgement my case had a quick resolution (less than three weeks) because of the nature of the claim made was so far-fetched that would have easily shown up on forensic evidence.

Prism

Comment

Thank you very much for so many people contributing. What seems to make it harder for us is the fact that my OH doesnt even seem to have to report at all. Just days before his rebail dates, he either gets an email or letter from the OIC saying his rebail date has been extended. Since his arrest in April, he hasn't even been to a police station or spoken to a police officer or his solicitor. There really should some sort of time limit on how long people can be on bail to investigage an accusation. It shouldn't be legal that 18months or more can pass by without a decision. Surely people's memories aren't getting better with time and everybody involved would want this to be over as quickly as possible. This doesn't only involve the accuser and accused but also their family and friends.

Comment

Have you tried another solicitor? Sounds like an argument for an Abuse of Process to me
                  From what I've been told, arguing abuse of process is only effective first time round. When it comes to an appeal, abuse of process does not feature. We've been told that the IOC could end up in prison for what she's done but that's not grounds enough for us to appeal because our barrister should have raised it....if only she'd read the case notes.... The justice system is so screwed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                    The original topic was regarding length of time on bail, lol !

OOPS! Silly me! that's what comes of doing too many things at once! I thought the thread was about this from FalseRapeEpidemic:

Hi

In our case the FA claims she was raped the month before she went to the police in August 2012. My OH was then bailed, re bailed and re bailed until he was charged in Oct 2013 We wondered why it dragged on for so long, only finding out after he was convicted quite how bent the IOC was. Whilst we thought she was out 'investigating', turns out she was 'losing' vital CCTV, waiting 18 months to speak to crucial witnesses for the defence who then could not remember much, and falsifying documents. If her so called investigation had been balanced, thorough and timely we have been told he probably wouldn't have even been charged...

Should add - he was convicted in June 2014 and sentenced to 7 years. :'(
                    My answer:

I need to go to sleep earlier......

Teddily sorry!
                    Last edited by Rights Fighter; 3 February 2016, 02:49 PM.
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                    X