Time on bail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time on bail?

Quick question -- what's the average time people have been on bail before any action (positive or negative) has been taken?

Prism

The honest answer....is how long is a piece of string......

Some investgations can take....months......some years.......many are left in limbo......for very long periods of time.......

If your very fortunate then perhaps weeks/months.....before any action/decision will be taken.....but for the majority of people.....its more like many many months and years.......
    Turn the pain into power. ::

Comment

15 months for me. Most cases seem to be over a year??
      They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

my own experience after a one night stand 18 months my trial starts in 3 weeks it's been a long long long long long long road looking forward to it being over now feel exhausted

Comment

Extremely lucky here in my case being dropped in 5 weeks.

I was arrested while my FA was at a GP's office, and had called the police from there on the advice of the GP. I assume once they tried to call her in to make a statement under caution she bottled it, which is why it was dropped so fast.

If it wasn't for that I assume it would have been months.

Comment

Yeah, I realise there is quite a spectrum. Having had quite a few conversations with the solicitor it is their belief there will not be enough evidence to investigate further and having a relatively short bail date (less than three weeks) is in my favour. What the claimant is claiming happened is so outlandish there will be quite strong forensic evidence in my favour -- hopefully. Will know more in a week or so.

Prism

Comment

My partner has just been rebailed for march whichh marks 11 month for the investigation. No end in sight

Comment

My partner as been on bail for 17 months and trial starts in just under 3 weeks, we also cant wait for it to be here and over and done with so we can just move on and get on with our lives

Comment

Not on bail but been waiting over three months now don't expect we'll know anytime soon!
                  Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

2 years on bail

Originally posted by Prism View Post
                    Quick question -- what's the average time people have been on bail before any action (positive or negative) has been taken?

Prism
                    Hi

In our case the FA claims she was raped the month before she went to the police in August 2012. My OH was then bailed, re bailed and re bailed until he was charged in Oct 2013 We wondered why it dragged on for so long, only finding out after he was convicted quite how bent the IOC was. Whilst we thought she was out 'investigating', turns out she was 'losing' vital CCTV, waiting 18 months to speak to crucial witnesses for the defence who then could not remember much, and falsifying documents. If her so called investigation had been balanced, thorough and timely we have been told he probably wouldn't have even been charged...

Should add - he was convicted in June 2014 and sentenced to 7 years. :'(
                    Last edited by FalseRapeEpidemic; 1 February 2016, 08:09 PM. Reason: Got the dates wrong

Comment

If that is true then you may have grounds for appeal. Have you spoken with his trial sol about this?
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                        If that is true then you may have grounds for appeal. Have you spoken with his trial sol about this?
                        Hi, thanks for your reply. We've been told there are no grounds for appeal, basically our barrister should have picked up on what was going on (but we went to the Legal Ombudsman who found her service 'reasonable') and the IOC has ultimately got away with it because any information that was available or could have been collected is now 'spent'. We are told time and time again, yes it is a miscarriage of justice, no there are no grounds for appeal, sorry......

Comment

Have you tried another solicitor? Sounds like an argument for an Abuse of Process to me
                          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread, but i have a question re:bail!

My first bail date (of 3 months) is a week today, and I have not heard anything yet (i was told very early on that this bail date was likely to be met due to high work loads etc!)
                            I have asked my solicitor to chase, but still nothing?
                            I am starting to worry a little, like they might actually be charging this time next week?!

Also if they finally do get back to me and extend the bail date, will i still need to go to the police station next week? (Or is that not necessary if it gets extended?)

Many thanks
                            Aidy

Comment

You will still have to go back to the police

sorry!

Comment

Working...
                              X