Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bail date confirmed.

Originally posted by Don'tbelieveit! View Post
    Hi Can't help u much re bail, rebail or whatever but in our case (historical) it took almost 7 months to lead to NFA. No charge, no arrest, no bail. If my hubby hadn't gone in for a voluntary interview, which some think is not a good idead, but in our case was, then we would still be in limbo.
    Maybe helps...

New bail date confirmed for the 16th of September. That will about 4 and a half months till this started.

I feel ok, just got to carry on, dig deep...

On a positive...Lovely weather today

Comment

Question!

Hey guys

I just spoke with the oic again.

She said that the cps are coming in and will speak face to face on the 9th of September, a week before my bail date. I imagine they will talk about multiple cases, not just mine...

However I have a bad feeling about this, as my case has passed the process that warrants the cps to talk to the oic.

anyone have any insight, is this a normal practice?

Thanks guys.

Comment

IG

I've no definite idea about this but I thought the CPS would always review and advise - charge, NFA or renew bail. The police are not keen to make the decisions after all the high profile cases according to our Sol.

Stay chilled and enjoy the weather

Comment

The face-to-face meeting happened in my case too; I think it is to get the OIC's personal opinion on the quality of the for-and-against witnesses as this is something that can't be quantified very well on paper.
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
            The face-to-face meeting happened in my case too; I think it is to get the OIC's personal opinion on the quality of the for-and-against witnesses as this is something that can't be quantified very well on paper.
            Ah that makes sense as that is predominantly all there is in my case.

Was your case Nfa case hard ?

Comment

Originally posted by Innocentguy1983 View Post
              Was your case Nfa case hard ?
              Yes, the OIC told me she was going to meet the CPS lawyer to put her views over.

Comment

For God's sake do not trust them, the OIC is after convictions and the CPS will proceed with little or no evidence as they will hope to prove to the jury you are guilty without actualy having any proof. The one thing that stoped them in my case was the ingetrity of the Judges.
                They will drag it out as long as they can, in the hope something comes to light.

chin up and don't for one second drop your guard.

Comment

tread very carefully as Barney has said.....my understanding is that the CPS has to be 51% certain of a conviction for a case to go to trial.....
                  "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
                    tread very carefully as Barney has said.....my understanding is that the CPS has to be 51% certain of a conviction for a case to go to trial.....
                    Good advice guys..

I have not said another word since my interview and I don't intend to without a sol there.

51% is quite a funny figure.. I know it says 51% but I bet that 1% is beyond reasonable doubt element which is more likely to be a higher percent for conviction.

here's hoping

Comment

Hi - I'm am absolutely no expert but certainly in training! my husband has been re-bailed a few times over the last 8 months. We have also had the 'face to face'. and still waiting now. I really hope for you and us that it is because they are doing a thorough investigation due to the current climate.

Does anyone know if police can give opinions (I know that might sound like a stupid question?) Don't they only just present statements. And their opinion does not come in to it?? In our case and possibly your own.... it is only her word. I would like to think that they are experienced enough to be able to identify the truth when they hear the defence. I despair because there are so many posts on here to the contrary. Don't know what to think.

I do not feel encouraged myself about these unbearable situations, so feel I don't know how to help you but we must carry on and get through another sunny day. Although I would never wish this on anyone - it does makes you look at life differently and know you need to appreciate everything in life. I truly wish you situation will be resolved very soon. Although your bail date seems a long way off - I believe that if they make decision before that (either way) they do notify you/your solicitor. This is sometimes worse as each day, we are waiting for the phone call which could change our life one way or another. How delicate is that..... one person is the route of all this turmoil.

I'm not much use for giving actual advice but am definitely able to identify with all the emotions that are happening and I know from my experience, that is worth loads.

wishing you a lovely day (if that is possible)

Comment

I guess opinions about the impartiality of the police will vary according to the experience one had.

I had severe angst at the time like everyone has but with hindsight & the benefit of reading other stories I realise that I was treated very fairly by my OIC both in phoning up regarding rebails and in keeping me in the loop.

Though she was always strictly professional in her dealings with me she dropped very broad hints to my wife as to which way the investigation was heading and I therefore have come away from the experience with my previous respect for the police untarnished.

I take the view that public opinion and therefore government targets are obliging them to be hard on sexual offences and domestic violence. Anyone remember the days when a wife was not legally able to accuse her husband of rape; that this has changed is hardly the police's fault!

Comment

Yes casehardened - very good points.

Our experience up to now with OIC has been good. But feel cautious as don't want to be deceived. I analyse everything that has been said to us and try to come to some conclusion but don't want to read the wrong thing into what is said. So difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
                            Yes casehardened - very good points.

Our experience up to now with OIC has been good. But feel cautious as don't want to be deceived. I analyse everything that has been said to us and try to come to some conclusion but don't want to read the wrong thing into what is said. So difficult.
                            I read into everything, I can't help it.... I'm like your self I need to figure out a conclusion... Your mind does overtime!

Comment

Originally posted by Innocentguy1983 View Post
                              I read into everything, I can't help it.... I'm like your self I need to figure out a conclusion... Your mind does overtime!
                              This is soooooo common - but every case is different and every plod force is different - it's impossible to second guess the outcome and some way down this process your mind will accept that and concentrate itself on things it can find answers to and building a defence. Another thing which I eventually accepted I'll never know is "Why - why did she do this????"
                              "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by myhome View Post
                                This is soooooo common - but every case is different and every plod force is different - it's impossible to second guess the outcome and some way down this process your mind will accept that and concentrate itself on things it can find answers to and building a defence. Another thing which I eventually accepted I'll never know is "Why - why did she do this????"
                                Yes this is one of the things that is so agonising. On our side, it is so clear that it is a set of lies and we can back this up but we are still here after many months......waiting for the worst, daring not to be optimistic. We have analysed why our FA has done it and without going in to details, we can sort of figure it out. A few reasons that overlap & of course the compensation carrot is also an added bonus.

InnocentGuy - My mind is constantly searching for clues of how it might be going. I wake in the night with my mind full of stuff, having pretend conversations with OIC, where I am asking questions and questions and getting the 'right answers'. But then move back in to proper conscientiousness, I realise I'm just back in the same situation....searching for conclusions. My husband does not sleep well and he is so troubled by this whole situation and the possible consequences. So much trauma for us. It is so sad for me to see him like this and he feels the same for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X