2 days Into this hell.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Police chasing the CPS...

IF and WHEN the CPS make their decision the Police will be the ones doing the running. I would take positivity from the fact a charge has not materialised.

My experience is that if they are not going to charge then they'll take their time letting you know about it.

It could be that they are waiting the completion of a trial where 'similar' conduct to that which you're alleged to have undertaken is being decided. It could be that they are awaiting the space in court to allocate the case. There are a million questions and possible scenarios. Yours is No Charge at the moment, let's hope it turns into NFA.

Wow... A signature option!

Comment

• Hi

Sorry for not replying. Only just seen my replies now. Still no news. I'm bored and frustrated now. At least I know the police are chasing the CPS for their decision and they don't let anyone hang around once they get a decision. Well that's what they told me. I have to laugh at what they told me. Well back next week to see what happens.

If they did their job proper my friend would have been interviewed. Again nearly 8 months later still not bothered by his alleged involvement. They stress how this crime is a very serious one and all I can think is I know but it is so serious you haven't even spoken to him yet. Surely this is wrong.

Ghost....B

Comment

• Sorry GB ...that you're still in this limbo. A feeling where you don't quite know if you dare be optimistic or not. A feeling where it could be brilliant news or an even longer road ahead. Absolute torture.

After my husb was charged, it felt horrendous but we thought at least we would then find more details of the allegations. However, unfortunately, we were informed that CPS had problems with staffing resources, so they did not meet the deadlines they were given. We then had many months to wait until they provided us with .................... copies of defence witness statement!!! All seems like a game - defence witness statements were not really much assistance to us. We really need statements for the prosecution!!! More months passed and finally receiving it in dribs n drabs.

It makes a mockery of the whole justice system.

So all in all - the waiting game goes on whichever you are on. I dearly hope you get your NFA very soon and an end to this can begin for you.

Regards x

Comment

• Quick Update

Hi Everyone,

The CPS have NFA it.........will say more in a while just nipping out. Thanks to everyone in who have spoken to me and not judge me.

Regards,

Ghost....B

Comment

• Congratulations on your NFA ghost biscuit, I bet you are so relieved that you have a positive resolution of your ordeal. I hope that now you can start fighting to get custody of your children back and now you can think of future plans of rebuilding your life.

You deserve lots of these

Comment

• Wow, what brilliant news, shame it's been such a long time coming but congratulations for endurance
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

• What a relief!

Hi Ghost Biscuit - we've had good news re NFA this week. I'm super relieved and our trauma hasn't been as protracted or had the impact your FA has had on you.

I've had a long and hard won custody battle with my ex to keep sufficient contact with my boys for them and me to stay sane - now they can express how much that has meant to them - but when they were little it was more difficult. I don't know how old your children are but I'm sure they will realise what a trauma this has been for you and hopefully you can get contact back on track.

You must be so mad about what your crazy ex has put you through - I'm mad and I don't even know you!!!! Hope you were dashing out for a well earned celebratory drink.

Comment

• WAAAAAYYYYY HAAAAAAAYYYYY so very very pleased for you. You have shown amazing strength and resilience throughout. Please don't underestimate the time it could take you to get over this whilst also fighting with the SS ----- all my very best wishes.... MH
                  "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

• Congratulations GB! Good luck in the family court.

Comment

• Brilliant news GB - so glad for you............ keep us updated if you can with your reunion with your children.

Wishing you lots of happiness on the road ahead and hope you can put this all behind you with no impact to your children.

xxx

Comment

• Get in! So pleased yet more good news. Hope you now move onwards and upwards from this.

Comment

• CONGRATULATIONS GB !!!!!!!! You must be feeling over the moon with today's news

I am so pleased that you finally received your NFA, I bet you thought that this day would never come! just a shame that you had to endure all this in the first place. I just hope that your relationship with your kids can get back on track now as that is the main thing.

I know it wont be easy getting over your ordeal, and trying to get your life back. But I hope things go well for you, as you deserve it.

Keep us posted and thanks for being a great support to me too
                          Last edited by welshgirl; 26 February 2014, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

Not long been in. Went out for a meal to celebrate. I know I was never in prison but in my mind I felt I was. That's the strange truth about bail and the restrictions that are imposed upon the FA. Anyway the battle is only half won, next trying to get my children back and apply to try and get the NFA a NC.

Once again I thank everyone for their advice and support. I will continue to look at this forum and help anyone I can. Also give updates on the family situation.

Regards,

Ghost....B

Comment

• Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your support. However for me this has not ended. I committed no crime at all so an NFA is not fitting. I phoned the OIC and asked who dod I send my letter to in the police if I am not satisfied with an NFA. She said as it was the CPS that made the decison then it was them who I needed to write to and complain. I said i know its the police and not the CPS she said I should know I am a police officer and it's not us. After about 5 minutes of this discussion she was very hard to talk to. I just said you are wrong but can you email who in the CPS I need to go to. She did.
                              This is what was emailed to me.

In relation to our telephone conversation I have sought advice from a senior colleague and you will not need to contact CPS for an appeal if you do not have a query in relation to the decision by CPS.

Their decision was that THERE IS A CONFLICT OF PROSECUTION EVIDENCE.

If your complaint is in relation to getting the investigation "No Crimed" then this will be a police matter and you can send your complaint in writing or attend the police station and ask to speak to an inspector. The details for complianing are on the GMP website.

There you have it. Can someone please explain what "there is a conflict of prosecution evidence" means please. As this was the reason for the NFA. The way I see it if they did not have enough evidence to charge me then surley they cannot prove a crime took place. If the crime did not take place then logicaly it should be no crimed. Is it me or is that commen sense????. I did not commit the crime they investigated. The CPS could not get the evidence therfore is it not up to them to prove the alleged incident took place. if they cannot prove this for whatever reason then the coinclusion should not be NFA but no crimed for they have not proven any crime took place in the first place.

The reason for me wanting a NC is that I would like to go back to work as an employment advisor. I cannot afford to have any soft information on my ECRB. I will therfore find it very hard to gain employment with the NFA on there. I will go t my local MP and see what he says. Any advice on what other avenus I can go down please?.

As regards the SS it is only the complaint that the independent investigator so the SS are not really involved. The court has ordered a independent guardian for the children.

Regards,

Ghost....B

Comment

• Clearing my son's name after NFA - what rights do we have?

Hi - just been doing a bit of research on this site regarding the challenges of clearing your name and moving on after a NFA. The police have just confirmed my they have decided an outcome of NFA against my son - this was on the recommendation of the investigating officer's report to her Inspector - i.e. it didn't go to the CPS. My son is very relieved and has gone off to school this morning with a spring in his step - his friends, his wider peer group and his teachers have provided excellent support and believed his innocence from day 1 - only the FA, her parents and police entertained her lies.

However - like many on here - I feel there is a secondary battle to fight and I wonder if anyone could provide advice on "what next". I asked my son's solicitor these questions and he says its up to us to decide what further action we should take. My son wants it over and doesn't want me stirring things up - so any further action cannot be direct action against the girl. I have to respect his view as he has at least another 18 months of daily contact with her at school.

Just to summarise what we know, from the police via my son's solicitor or via first hand accounts of police interviews (from my friends who were present as appropriate adults) ......

1) there was no DNA from him found on her or her clothes
                                2) witnesses from the party told the police before and after the alleged rape took place they were both sat on a bed fully dressed. (although from the questions the police asked my son she obviously accused him of undressing and dressing her again (including removal of tights)
                                3) for 36 hours after the alleged rape took place she has admitted she continued to drink/take drugs and have sexual encounters with other males/females (some of this activity was in public)
                                4) her friends who hosted the party told the police she what she was up to - she didn't deny it - just said she could remember the exact circumstances of the alleged rape but nothing before or after due to being drunk/high.
                                5) when the police continued to investigate - despite learning all these facts from the girl or witnesses who were present at the party at the time of the alleged offence - the police continued to progress with interviewing the kids on video.
                                6) the FA was so scared by what the police asked her friend when she gave video evidence she withdrew her allegation against my son.
                                7) the girl who had given video evidence hinted to my son in class that there was good news and he should be relieved - but the police wouldn't disclose this "good news" to me and we found out 3 weeks later that the investigating officer intended to ask her inspector to NFA the allegation.

At no point have the police offered any information to us - my son's solicitor has put regular phone calls into the police asking for updates and this is how we know what's been happening.

Before the girl's mother made the allegation to the police I had reported her activity making false allegations against my son. When I rang the police (once) asking what progress had been made against the crime I had reported they told me the officer investigating the rape was also dealing my false allegation accusation.

The police have agreed to destroy my son's DNA and his solicitor managed to avoid the arrest taking place so he has no arrest record.

What I want is answers to the following questions.......

1) Did they find any evidence the alleged rape occurred?
                                2) If she hadn't withdrawn her allegation what was their intentions regarding progressing to a charge?
                                3) What was the girl's reason for withdrawing these allegations?
                                4) Do the police have an opinion on this girl making such a serious allegation then dropping it after all the distress and waste of resource?
                                5) Before she went to the police this child was calling my son a rapist and I complained - what "story" is she allowed to concoct now and what method of redress do we have against her?

I intend to tell the police that I understand that it is highly unlikely they are interested in pursuing a WPT or PCJ charge against this girl due to her age and the fact they are told to believe whatever is said to them by a alleged victim. However - I intend to complain to Ofstead regarding the way the LEA barred my son from school for 5 weeks and gave us the option of putting in a pupil referral unit with kids with such significant behaviour problems they had NEVER been in mainstream school. This was the impact of this girl's false allegation on my son. I also feel it is appropriate to give a full account of the situation to my son's school who fought my son's corner and rejected the LEA's advice and reinstated my son at their school despite the FA and the on-going police investigation.

My son's solicitor feels this is matter best pursued by us independently - I agree as I don't want to pay him to chase people up - I'm capable of that. But I feel I have a prime opportunity to get this right (we were on holiday last week so this is my first day back). I have the investigating officer's email address.

Does anyone have any advice or information regarding my son's legal rights which may persuade the police to give me this information so my lad can move on with his head held high. We have heard this girl is expecting credit for "letting him off the hook" when this is obviously not our take on the situation at all!

Thanks for your time in reading x

Comment

Working...
                                X