hello. I am new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello. I am new.

Hi, I am the relation to someone that has been falsely accused of abusing his sister over 30 years ago.

He has been a mess since this all started last year. I have slowly helped him to build a case. We are lucky in some ways that she has got so carried away with her story we can prove she is lying. Some of her lies are so off the wall. Amazed the police are so blind. Lawyers have been rolling around with laughter at a couple of the realities of her story.

Hopefully the judge will kid this out when presented with the facts or we will be waiting another 15 months for trail.

The police only interviewed him once and discloser happened months ago but the interview tape not been handed over. The investigating officer said to me "If he is not guilty why did he ask for a solicitor". She is a total cow and blind to what she is looking at.

Well hoping to be able to vent, seek help and support. Maybe cry a bit too. I have been strong for those around me this past year, as well as the accused but starting to need some support myself.

Well hello all
    Wonder Woman has a lie detecting lasso and will fight for justice

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I've moved your post over to a section where more members may see it and be able to offer guidance.

It is good that your relation has your support; as many will confirm, a sympathetic and understanding ear is vital for getting through the FA process.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman2012 View Post
      The police only interviewed him once and discloser happened months ago but the interview tape not been handed over. The investigating officer said to me "If he is not guilty why did he ask for a solicitor".
      This comment is out of order but of course the police tactics and questioning are designed to elicit a quick confession and make their job easier; unfortunately many accused persons don't ask for a solicitor and this often makes the police's job even easier.

I believe the procedure regarding interview tapes has changed in that they are not handed over unless a charge is brought (but as I'm presently on mobile internet cannot confirm this)

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

He was charged months ago. We have had disclosure of statements but nothing else. Whole process seems like madness. If you can't give police evidence to prove your innocent then you have to spend thousands going to court for a judge to say no case. If we were not living it I would have thought someone was making it up.

How can people be mentioned in someones statement but never questioned by the police?

How can the investigation officer turn down evidence that someone offered to show her?

How can they charge someone for an offence when they have only ever spoken to people provided by the accuser?

Comment

I'm afraid that the answer to all your questions is that the police are only looking for evidence to prosecute the case not to drop it, their targets are based on cases making it to trial.

It is a shock to find that the 'Scales of Justice' in relation to sexual offences are heavily weighted in favour of the accuser (eg. imagine the reaction you would get at your local police station if you went in and wanted to report a theft that happened a year ago, never mind thirty)

The only recourse is to instruct a solicitor experienced in defending false accusations as they will know all the wrinkles as to either getting the case dropped or for formulating a successful defence.

Comment

The time thing really gets me. I mean who can anyone defend themselves. Over 30 years ago.

I have just been told that the information I asked the Land Register to send me would not be there if I phoned next year. Apparently this year they have been told to start destroying archive files at there base in wales. I don't know if all archive or just those over a certain age.

When we where first after the year that my relative moved to a certain house we rung the police gun licencing office. He has had guns for target shooting all his adult life (strange sport but takes all sorts). We figured they would have the guns registered to that address form and to a date. Well the police officer was really sorry but all records were only from 2006 (I think) because when they went other to computers they destroyed any records before that year.

So the police can charge you with an offence of 30 odd years ago but they and the goverment destroy the information that you need to defend yourself.

Comment

Hi

Hi, I am the relation to someone that has been falsely accused of abusing his sister over 30 years ago.

He has been a mess since this all started last year. I have slowly helped him to build a case. We are lucky in some ways that she has got so carried away with her story we can prove she is lying. Some of her lies are so off the wall. Amazed the police are so blind. Lawyers have been rolling around with laughter at a couple of the realities of her story.

Hopefully the judge will kid this out when presented with the facts or we will be waiting another 15 months for trail.

The police only interviewed him once and discloser happened months ago but the interview tape not been handed over. The investigating officer said to me "If he is not guilty why did he ask for a solicitor". She is a total cow and blind to what she is looking at.

Well hoping to be able to vent, seek help and support. Maybe cry a bit too. I have been strong for those around me this past year, as well as the accused but starting to need some support myself.

Well hello all
              Hi wonder woman it's Hol. I promised I would get back to you. What happened today is on a new thread I posted. But at this moment in time it's about you. I looked at what's happening and glad your here talking to others. I've been through this with my husband four years altogether and it's not been easy. But plucking up the courage to talk on this site has been a great lift to me and I hope you find the same. You can cry ,scream, just get it of your chest and refresh.
              You are giving someone your care and moral support which is the best thing for him. Were all here and you can voice anything and I am sure there will be lots of friends here to help.
              Sending you hugs And hope
              Hol

Comment

Thank you for your message Hol. Amazing you can offer words of kindness to someone else when you are going through so much yourself. I am very grateful.

The thought that a full trail could take another 15 more months is well, just, can't think about it. If I do I want to drive to the police station that the investigating officer is based and scream. Won't do that of cause as not that kind of person but sometime wish I was.

Today has been a why us day. Have the accuser going about her normal life not a care in the world. And here we are barely the people we where a year ago.

How can anyone do this to another human being. Let alone people who have supported you and been your friends for years.

The law is helping her to do it. To destroy my family. None of us have ever been arrested before. We work hard, earn our way. Take good care of our kids and bring then up to be good people.

What for? So someone can make false 30 year old allergations because we dared to say that they behaved so badly towards an old lady that we what no more to do with them.

Police don't understand this is not about her and him. She wants to hurt the whole family. One of the last thing she said to me when I dare to pull her up on her behaviour was "Everbody loves me. No one will believe you". Not only should that be her life motto, it turns out she was right.

Comment

Today has been a why us day. Have the accuser going about her normal life not a care in the world.
                  You have summed up the accused's thought processes very well, as the question of 'why' will always predominate in a FA, and in fact we always suggest seeking out a motive as this may well form an important part of the defence strategy.

It does seem from looking at a lot of cases that there is a pattern for a accuser; they often close to those whom they accuse and 'owe' them for some out of the way emotional or practical support.

Why they then turn and bite the hand that feeds them is a question for the psychologists; but I wonder if resentment builds up against the 'haves'. The accusers are usually 'have nots' in terms of sorting their lives out and the momentary status of being a 'victim' and being the centre of attention is probably exhilarating in the same way as a drug high. The compensation probably also helps as these sort of folk will equate ready cash with happiness.

To take the drug analogy further, eventually, whatever the outcome, the accuser will come down from their high into the withdrawal stage, karma comes into play and, unlike drugs, they can't repeat the experience (usually, though some members will tell it differently!)

Comment

Your a fighter

Thank you for your message Hol. Amazing you can offer words of kindness to someone else when you are going through so much yourself. I am very grateful.

The thought that a full trail could take another 15 more months is well, just, can't think about it. If I do I want to drive to the police station that the investigating officer is based and scream. Won't do that of cause as not that kind of person but sometime wish I was.

Today has been a why us day. Have the accuser going about her normal life not a care in the world. And here we are barely the people we where a year ago.

How can anyone do this to another human being. Let alone people who have supported you and been your friends for years.

The law is helping her to do it. To destroy my family. None of us have ever been arrested before. We work hard, earn our way. Take good care of our kids and bring then up to be good people.

What for? So someone can make false 30 year old allergations because we dared to say that they behaved so badly towards an old lady that we what no more to do with them.

Police don't understand this is not about her and him. She wants to hurt the whole family. One of the last thing she said to me when I dare to pull her up on her behaviour was "Everbody loves me. No one will believe you". Not only should that be her life motto, it turns out she was right.
                    Hiya
                    Seems you have the same words I've been saying and I would think everyone else. It's all normal, that I've learnt. You will be on a roller coaster till the end and we are all here for you, when you need to talk, about anything.
                    You don't want the day to come then you do, then your terrified of the outcome and that's were I'm at now. Like yourselves ours has suppose to have been going on nearly 35 years. It's pathetic to know that they both have already been paid out approx £12k each. Why on earth does the law allow this. Then they wonder why Britton is in debt.
                    You will be okay. We are strong and they need us and we need friends on this site, here is were you cry, it helps build you back up for the day ahead.
                    Head in the clouds not on the ground, you have nothing to be ashamed about
                    Take care
                    Hol

Comment

Hi wonderwoman12 - mine too is historical - from 23 years ago! How ever does anyone prove/disprove what didn't happen then? Hol is right - this site is a godsend for everyone here - there's so much support here and we're all here to help each other too.....
                      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hi Wonderwoman2012...My hubbies accusation was also historic and made by our daughter.
                        He too asked how he could defend himself against something that never happened 24 years ago.
                        We often though the police must be blind or stupid but then realised,, if we were finding it hard to think of a way to defend then they would have the same difficulty to prosecute. This gave us the ability to focus and look back at the time she had said this happened. Its amazing the power of recall you have when you need it, and like you we slowly built a case in hubbies defence. We were lucky as the officer in charge listened to the case building up against our daughter and one way or another she got to the truth which returned a result for us of no case to answer.
                        You are an inspiration to other people supporting family members in this sad sick situation. I know how hard it is to keep strong and supportive of your brother......I drew my strength from the people I met on this site, they helped us get through.
                        Some are where you are still ..shut in a folder in the police filling cabinet, others are out in the daylight again, We have one thing in common.....we are here for each other and together we have the power and strength to survive. LP
                        Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

Originally posted by lonley place View Post
                          Hi Wonderwoman2012...My hubbies accusation was also historic and made by our daughter.
                          He too asked how he could defend himself against something that never happened 24 years ago.
                          We often though the police must be blind or stupid but then realised,, if we were finding it hard to think of a way to defend then they would have the same difficulty to prosecute. This gave us the ability to focus and look back at the time she had said this happened. Its amazing the power of recall you have when you need it, and like you we slowly built a case in hubbies defence. We were lucky as the officer in charge listened to the case building up against our daughter and one way or another she got to the truth which returned a result for us of no case to answer.
                          You are an inspiration to other people supporting family members in this sad sick situation. I know how hard it is to keep strong and supportive of your brother......I drew my strength from the people I met on this site, they helped us get through.
                          Some are where you are still ..shut in a folder in the police filling cabinet, others are out in the daylight again, We have one thing in common.....we are here for each other and together we have the power and strength to survive. LP
                          Nice words LP remember them said to me not so long ago
                          Hol

Comment

Good post LP - sums it up really well
                            "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

So after spending nearly a year reading info, forums, websites on historic cases of abused a couple of things strike me:

The rape crises people talk about only a 6% conviction rate. Firstly this is because they count all the women that are thought to of been abused and then work out the conviction rate from that figure??? The conviction rate for men taken to court because there is thought to be enough evidence is 58% or more. This is way higher than any other crime.

Campaigns like the I Believe campaign seem to push a myth into peoples head that the general public or courts don't believe a woman that says she is abused. The conviction rate clearly shows that the court system and juries (general public) do believe these women in general.

Therefore the problem is campaigns and the press continuing to tell women that they will not be believed. Also the police not investigating properly so the cps can't advance to court. Police investigating properly will do two things stop innocent men being charged and stop cases of real abuse being dropped for lack of evidence.

What is happening at present is laws abused to charge more people because the public and media want more convictions. The trouble is that the police and the cps are taking the easy road to getting more convictions, historic abuse.

Historical abuse or rape cases are easy to get to court as need no hard evidence. After all what dna, cctv, etc evidence would there be for a 20 plus year old crime. One persons statement maybe her mate saying yes she told her back then all about it and off to court you go. The conviction rate for these cases is even higher than that of current rate for abuse or rape. I think I read that it is over 70% for historical abuse. Most of these however are then over turned on appeal because the jury heard the words child abuse and said guilty. Damage done to those accused already so to late.

Some goverment figures say 2000 or more men wrongly convicted each year of rape. Women's groups argue that it is more like 400 but if that was 400 hit by a police car each year there would be a public out cry. Can you imaging what kind of media storm there would be!

Comment

Working...
                              X