No announcement yet.

Charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi stunned9 - this is a truly awful situation for you and your family and it must seem like nothing will ever go right for you - I can empathise with your feelings here - my FA came just a year after my dear Dad passed away....
    This won't necessarily ruin your Dad's career - especially as his colleagues are all standing by him - and it's a long way off and you can appeal against or challenge what goes onto a CRB check. As for going to another country - completely understandable - but - member erin lives in New Zealand and has been through hell recently and there have been enquiries started from people in the USA and Australia - seems like it's a world wide epidemic!!!!!!
    Be strong and we'll all be here for you.....
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by billykickass View Post
      I agree, now every single hole in the story will be discovered and challenged! Getting charged sucks but it still doesnt cause you any immediate dramas, the trial is still a long way off.
      Absolutely

Stunned, ensure that your solicitor pushes to get disclosure from the unused bundle. Most solicitors will do this automatically but keep on the ball with that.
      As Casehardened rightly says, the whole Jimmy Saville mess will be the reason potentially weak cases are being forced through. You have a decent time block now to prepare and get this mess thrown out either at trial or before.
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Thank you for your kind replies!

He got charged with intentional touching. Our lawyer echoed what Faith said, which is that the JS mess has basically caused them to investigate every case. Hopefully this rubbish will get thrown out before the trial! Just out of interest, what kind of evidence do they look for the case to be thrown out before trial?

marynarz, we have been warned of dirty game too, its bang out of order. I never knew that ''innocent until proven guilty'' was lost on so many!

billy, I have kept uptodate with your thread and I don't know how you coped with it! Unfortunately people are lazy now, looking for compensation money for shortcuts while destroying other peoples lives isn't an issue for them!

myhome,thank you! This forum is a God send, it really is!! =)

We are taking him out today to dinner to get his mind off this mess! My brother a couple of times has mentioned in terrified tones what if its jail? And I keep reassuring him the truth will stand out. And her garbage lies will prove what a total sham all of this is.
        Last edited by Stunned9; 23 February 2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunned9 View Post

Just out of interest, what kind of evidence do they look for the case to be thrown out before trial?

I think generally it's a total lack of evidence. Her word in court is considered as evidence - just as your dad's will be. If there's overwhelming evidence that she's lied, or done this before, that might be enough for the cps to drop it. However, as has been said before - there's a desire for the cps to proceed if possible.
          It seems to me that a charge of unlawful touching is grasping at straws and easily disputable, especially as you say your dad is a health professional. If you look at the cps site it has a list of recommendations for charging under the 2003 sexual offences act (I think there have been updates). The advice they give goes something like this... If you can't charge for this, go for this one etc. Quite sickening really.

We are taking him out today to dinner to get his mind off this mess! My brother a couple of times has mentioned in terrified tones what if its jail? And I keep reassuring him the truth will stand out. And her garbage lies will prove what a total sham all of this is.
          Good for you! He's blessed to have such a loving family and I'm sure you feel the same way about him. It's natural to have 'what if' terrors but your dad seems to have everything going for him - a good legal team, a supportive family and the overwhelming knowledge that he's innocent. It's much easier to prove anything if you are going from a position of truth. It's just a very, very unpleasant thing to have to go through but it sounds as if he's got loads going for him..
          Have a great meal out together.
          Last edited by whatsgoingon?; 23 February 2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Here's the CPS link I mentioned above:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/r...956/index.html

Comment

Thanks for your reply whatsgoingon!

Without going into too much details I am just curious as to whether the case can be thrown out if she alleged something else in addition at first as well but now its something minus the original stuff and we have proof?

If the Mods think I have given too much details please feel free welcome to edit it!

Also will we have access to her full medical records and any witnesses' background?

Comment

Working...
              X