Charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charged

Am stunned at this. A phonecall from the lawyer saying he will be charged in a few days.

So many holes in her story and still?

I am thinking the police hid the contradictory evidence from the CPS? That's the only sane reason I can think of the charge!

Sorry to hear this, sstunned9. Now you know what you will be fighting against and can gather as much evidence as you can to support you - and of course you have us too......
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Originally posted by Stunned9 View Post
      Am stunned at this. A phonecall from the lawyer saying he will be charged in a few days.

So many holes in her story and still?

I am thinking the police hid the contradictory evidence from the CPS? That's the only sane reason I can think of the charge!
      At the moment the police and CPS are under pressure to push through practically every allegation that is made (probably because of Jimmy Saville) they have stated as much.

This is no help to you but of course, despite this, the jury will be made well aware of all the contradictions by your barrister and bring back the appropriate decision; just note how many NG verdicts & bananas we have had in the last few weeks!
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I agree, now every single hole in the story will be discovered and challenged! Getting charged sucks but it still doesnt cause you any immediate dramas, the trial is still a long way off.

Comment

Being charged is horrible, but remember that it means the CPS think there may be a 51% chance of conviction.
          Also bear in mind that you will now get full disclosure on exactly what the complainant's allegations are. Which means you can now start fighting.
          Limbo is over. Gloves off!
          Sending you my very best wishes.

Comment

Tankyou for the replies guys! I really mean it

What is the rough timetable now? I mean from the plea hearing to trial? When do we see the undisclosed documents thing from the police?

Comment

I had plea hearing in may and trial was billed for Oct but actually ended up being mid Feb and this seems to be relatively normal so expect 6 to 9 months. Plenty of time to put it to the back of your mind and do some fun stuff.

Comment

Hi

Hi story to hear about the charge. My husband has also been charged his plea hearing was in January and his trial starts in April.

At the moment it may sound funny but you can prove your innocence if you are charged, and it seems that NFA's aren't always the best as the CPS seemed to be reviewing all cases and even after giving an NFA they can come back to you later( look at coronation street actor's case - 2nd time he's had his life destroyed)

Stay strong!!!!!

Comment

Answer to question

Also to add that we got full disclosure at the plea hearing( had to chase actual interview transcripts)

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                    Being charged is horrible, but remember that it means the CPS think there may be a 51% chance of conviction.
                    Hi Stunned9 - sorry, this is the first time I've written on your thread though I did read your story when it came up. So sorry your dad and whole family are going through this - you must be a god-send to him.
                    As far as the 51/ chance of conviction the CPS think they have - I'm not sure what they base this on. In my son's case it wasn't based on wht the alleged victim said against him (she didn't even make a complaint against him). Nor was it on evidence (there wasn't any). There was 'heresay' 'evidence' and he gave a statement based on a false premise made by the police(oh and when we compared the written statement with the taped one we found it to be riddled with innacuracies) Basically, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, he was very young, very naive and had a **** solicitor. So maybe they felt the odds were well against him (easy to intimidate in court and poorly represented in court) and 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'
                    We managed to change the latter to a more than decent team (Gerry MacDonald and Nerida Hertford Bell who were amazing), and had we done so earlier, I'm sure that would have sent the CPS estimation of odds plumetting.
                    I have heard that every bit of evidence or obstacle you can put in the CPS' way will chip away at these odds so that they can even be tempted not to carry on with the case. I also understand there should be periodic review meetings held by the CPS.
                    As the judge in my son's case rightfully said - it's for the prosecution to bring evidence to prove the defendant is guilty, not for the defendant to prove his innocence. In reality if you just sat back and assumed that to be the case, you'd probably be in for a nasty shock, but that is how the law stands.
                    You sound like a lovely family, keep supporting your dad and each other. I'm sure you'll all come out of this OK.
                    Good luck

Comment

billy and petrified and whatsgoingon thank you so much for your replies!

My dad works in the healthcare profession so his whole career will likely be destroyed whether he is guilty or not. with this on his record...it breaks my heart to see him all the last few decades him proudly telling people at what he has accomplished and all of that to come down into dust. If I even have a cough he cannot sleep the night out of worry, that is how his nature is.

I changed careers and decided on medicine,but all this has destroyed my trust to the point where I dont want to stay in uk anymore after this, I dont want to ever be accused of this later in my future like all of you or my father has faced only because he wanted to help people. How do you guys regain this trust?

We feel cursed, 4 years ago we lost our grandfather to murder, we got out of it together as a family, regained some sense of normality after that horror and now this....how do the accusers live with it?

I have forced my parents to live normally, I take them out to dinners we got out for little weekends, I keep telling him to have faith and that he has us. All of his colleagues have risen with him, all of them told him that under no terms will they accept him not coming to work. I keep telling him that alone is a blessing. Even our qc is lovely, whether its 8am or 8pm he will give us a reply free of charge. I tell him to take encouragement from all of this, and uptil now he was upbeat but now after the charge I can tell he's sunk again.

I mean this with all my heart, I have never seen more stronger people than all of you here in my life. Never.

Comment

Stunned9.

I am sorry to read that your father has been charged and your last post makes me even more sensitive.
                        You must keep strong as a family and being charged doesn't mean that it is the end.
                        It is only the beginning of a fight against liars.

Your father is a respected man and I am confident he will get references and witnesses from honorable persons.
                        Do not give up and when your father will receive the disclosure,he will have the opportunity to defend himself with your help and all of us.
                        Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                          Also bear in mind that you will now get full disclosure on exactly what the complainant's allegations are. Which means you can now start fighting.
                          Limbo is over. Gloves off!
                          Sending you my very best wishes.
                          I forgot to say thanks to you too Saffron to your reply

tomorrow we will find out what junk she's alleged and fight with everything we have.

Boys dont cry, thank you for your reply! I have told him not to get stressed when he sees the vile stuff she may write in her statement. The truth will come out!

Comment

No probs. im with you on the leaving the UK im planning on taking my healthy Army pension and spending it in a better place. The UK used to be great and there still are some great people but there are far too many that think the world owes them something and want a quick hand out instead of doing a bit of graft for it. Anyway old person rant over...im only 28 see what this has done to me ha ha

Comment

Hello Stunned9

Im really sorry for what you all have to go thrue.

What i wanna say, is that after he is being charged, he can prove it that he is innocent! In this country, this is the only way to send CPS and his mafia to hell
                              What you doing for your family is fantastic, not everyone can do something like this in this situation.

According to the cps. You have to know that they are playing dirty tricks. One example is from my case when from the day of may arrest, i was telling the police about cctv from the petrol station. That dvd from cctv will prove that my accuser was liar. From the day i was arrested i believed that after police will see the dvd they will drop the charges. Gues what. After 1 and a half year i was charged, and on the second and last day of my trial, prosucutions said to Nerida (fantastic barrister), that CPS have losted DVD!!!
                              So you have to expect any s... tricks from them.
                              But you know what?
                              The tru will always comes out!!! And nothing is gonna change this!!!

So be strong and support your family as you doing this now. Everything will be ok.

P.S
                              Sorry for grammar mistakes
                              Im Polish

Comment

Working...
                              X