So angry and hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by So angry and hurt View Post
    Well maybe it would be better if I got a job there, I'd speed them up a bit, the cheek of it keeping people hanging, lives being ruined ,I'd loved to know if any of them had ever been in a situation like this ,how they would cope and if they would like it all to be dealt with more efficiently.
    I had an idea! How about one of these clever legal people get it to the high courts, I mean a drink driver gets caught, charged and convicted within a few weeks (and rightly so) and most of the petty criminals are clogging up the courts so why on earth don't they prioritise cases of this nature thereby taking guilty sex offenders off the streets and giving back the lives of innocent victims of f/accusers
    What I am saying is surely it is in the public interest to deal with the most important crimes first,like a triage system in a hospital? What do you think?
    Drink driving is relatively easy to prosecute. You stop a driver at the side of the road, breathalyse them, they fail, back to station, confirm failure, prosecute, convict, ban.

Sexual offences are a different ball game. It's generally far more complex to convict. The reasons for the 'slowness' must surely centre around the prosecutions inherent doubts and questions surrounding every single accusation. They need to question everyone, collect evidence, process DNA etc, check the current laws, read appeals papers, have forward sights to cases which may help their current case be victorious, see if their case could be used to clarify points of law, ensure all the paperwork/indictment is correct, converse with the defence, check on accusers, go for lunch.............

It's a big big thing and if they make a mistake they'll be loosers. They could also potentially convict an innocent party, not implying that they don't BUT they need to limit the chances. Time is also something they get paid for, if they do more work then they'll still get paid the same so what's the point? Better to do less work, back log the system and then ask for a pay rise...........

Also gives the accuser/accused time to consider their position and act accordingly. People can be mentally broken down over time, the problem is when the innocent are mentally broken down and also made bankrupt! Some damage is irreversible but then that's just collateral damage and doesn't affect the 'holier than thou' prosecutors eg:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...convicted.html
    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Working...
    X