No announcement yet.

Husband accused of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As your husband has not been charged, his solicitor will only be able to make a claim against the LSC for attending the police station for any further interviews, any other time he spends on his case will be pro bono (i.e. out of his own pocket)

I suppose if the solicitor has lost interest, it may be because he doesn't see the case going anywhere, and there will be no further remuneration for him!
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks, Casehardened, hope this is the case, just that I can see this going to CPS without us having all the evidence, from our point of view, put forward to them. Lord only knows what this lying piece of scum has told them

Comment

Just heard that "she" and family are going away on holiday. God knows how they can afford it (prob thought of all the compensation she is going to get) Last time we spoke, he had given up his job and hadnt had confirmation of a new one. She was moaning that she had hardly any food in the fridge, but they were both stood there with fags hanging out of their mouths, never stopped them getting drunk either. He had only just started this job, when she made her F.A. He has been off work with "stress" ever since. And the "stress" hasnt stopped them getting drunk and him giving her a black eye either! Sorry to ramble, but my point is, when they are away on their hols, is it worth asking if my husband could come home for the duration? The whole point of him not being allowed home is because she is next door, and she wont be. By the way, my husband had a visit off the police last Sunday at 10..30pm. "Someone" had reported seeing him on our estate at 8pm. He hadnt been, told them he had taken me and our son to work just before 7pm and he had been at my sisters since then. He offered to get my sister and Brother-in-law up ( they were in bed) to confirm this. The PC said, dont bother, I will take your word for it, this was supposed to be the end of my shift, I could be doing without this! They do not seem to be taking this seriously, from our point of view or hers. Havent even interviewed her nxt door neighbours (who may have heard something to THEIR advantage,) even tho they didnt - it was to ours, but they dont know that!

Comment

Cctv

What if the copper did not take your husband's word...

Get CCTV at your Sister's - with audio - it will look after their car too.

Covert CCTV - with audio definitely - on yours whilst she is away. Do not let them know that it is being installed - you can get one of those cameras that does the eyepiece in the door and the microphone can go to the letterbox. This is your chance to shine. There was another story on here of the FA coming to the FA'd door and admitting that she lied. Wouldn't you like to have that juicy data? If money is a problem for this, sell something that you value - it WILL be a good trade (£500 will buy (out-of-town purchases!) 2 systems easily). Paint over the cables in your hall and camouflage.

Good luck.

PS: gonna start a thread about CCTV so that I don't have to keep repeating myself but her going on holiday is a gift to you - a gift of battle preparation.
          Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Thanks, Ivor - you did make me laugh!The thing is with my husband being out of work at the moment, I am struggling to pay bills as it is. If I had anything worth selling I would have done it months ago. Would love t have cctv as she reported me to police as last Friday, I saw her for the first time and really let rip at her and told her what I thought of her. Wrong move - I know, I know! Had the police at my house telling me I was intimidating a witness and could be arrested and questioned myself, agreed with them but had my say. She also told them I had told her son to F...k off my lawn. Told them the truth - I told him and his mate to get off my garden, but the swearing is HER language. The language she uses in front of her children is absolutely disgusting, told by someone today that they can hear her on next estate, using disgusting language at her kids. Twice now I have been woken up by police cos of her accusations ( I was on nights Sunday) Told them they are her personal messaging service, didnt like that! But if I had cctv would have proved I didnt swear at him. Also, today, their dog was on my garden, could have let my dogs out and there would have been bloodshed - her dogs are NEVER walked, but I KNEW it would be me and my dogs in trouble, not hers. Also, my son says their son was throwing a ball across our garden for their dog to go fetch -= continually, til he caught the sons eye , through the window, and shook his head, their son then stopped doing it. Ithink they are deliberately winding us up then calling police, know police are getting fed up with this! By the way, not a little kid, he has to be about 16. Think we are getting harrased by them and police!

Comment

but does anybody know if it would be worthwhile asking for him to come home whilst they are away? Im guessing not, becaus it is to our advantage, not theirs!

Comment

What do you have to lose.

They can only say yes or no. Liase with your solicitor and tell then to push for a change of bail conditions.

Good luck.
                Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Ivor. Only thing, our solicitor seems to want nothing to do with us, the police are only on her side and we are completely alone. He hasnt been charged, they have no evidence but he is still the evil one in the wrong and consequentely, I have no back up either. They should be both treated equally until they least have SOME evidence, rather than just take her word. I am SO going for it when those forensics are back - know that doesnt mean much, but the laws in this country need to be changed. You are now GUILTY til proved innocent - what about the Human Rights Act? Only when it suits THEM it seems! Or you have loads of money

Comment

I'd be a little concerned in case there is a vigilante attack on your property/husband.

The Police will also be of this opinion as will the courts.

Dropping the bail condition MAKES SENSE but when it comes to allegations of a sexual nature SENSE is the first thing to disappear out the window.

If you can afford CCTV with audio then I would go for it! Could very very well result in some 'evidence' being obtained that would otherwise be missed. Ebay is full of stuff... I can't slate the idea, just don't video yourself in the bath and stuff. Limit the exposure to cover the external areas of your property and maybe the front door.
                    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Lol, C. H.! Its what Im frightened of, they both drink a lot and he beats her up, Im scared he might try to get at me. Really CANT afford anything at the mo. Also have had more bad news - my sister cant have my husband at hers next week as she is on hols, think they are a bit fed up with the situation actually, they were told it would be 1 week, then 2,now God knows how long, he is on sofa and they have family visiting. Must be bail hostel or my daughters, which is hundreds of miles away. He cant sign on or go to job interviews tho. . they were supposed to be going on holiday on Thur, so were thinking of asking if he could come home whilst they are away. But this is the good news - she apparentely threw herself/ fell out of the bedroom window last night and was carted off in an ambulance. That will probably be laid at my husbands door. Why? Dont know. Guilty conscience? No way! Attention seeking - Def! ( My brothers and their mates used to throw themselves out of those windows for fun when they were little. She is certainly getting her moneys worth out of the Emergency services! Sorry if I show no sympathy - but she wants to try sobering up, and if my husband goes away, then I have a half hour walk to work each way, twelve hours hard labour then have to take my dogs out for a long walk when I get home, at least 5 days a week.
                      On a different subject, if it is true she wouldnt give a swab, then surely they must have got DNA off her underwear, clothes, sofa etc? She couldnt have refused this surely? She reckoned he played with her nipples before raping her, now rapists engage in foreplay? She cannot make this kind of allegation without giving ANY evidence? If she did give ANY evidence, and the results come back in my husbands favour before the bale date, is it possible they would NFA him before that date or does it still have to go to CPS? How long do they take to make a descision, on average? Thanks for reading

Comment

Originally posted by Angry and frightened View Post
                        but does anybody know if it would be worthwhile asking for him to come home whilst they are away? Im guessing not, becaus it is to our advantage, not theirs!

Ask the solicitor or ask the OIC if his bail conditions can be temporarily amended.
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                          Ask the solicitor or ask the OIC if his bail conditions can be temporarily amended.
                          Thanks, R.F., but she has apparently broken her leg after jumping out of the window, so doubt they will be going away now, so we are off to my daughters for a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry and frightened View Post
                            Thanks, R.F., but she has apparently broken her leg after jumping out of the window, so doubt they will be going away now, so we are off to my daughters for a week!
                            Just an update if that is ok. It is good to put things on here, it gets it off my chest and also I have a record of what is happening and when ( my memory is terrible!) Also get great advice - thanks all!

Saturday night/Sun morning I woke up , the dogs were barking and I thought I heard someone hammering on my door - it brought back memories of when the police were hammering on the door to arrest my husband, and I was absolutely terrified! The hammering then stopped but the dogs continued barking, so I thought I must have been dreaming, went back to sleep. I then found out she had jumped out of the front bedroom window, a day or 2 later. There was an ambulance there. My brother told me that it was his ( her husbands) Birthday on the Sat, and he had gone round to my brothers (who lives other side of them) to say they were having a bit of a do and there might be a bit of a noise.

Well, in the early hours of Sun morning, my sister in law heard a thump ( she thought her little grandaughter who was staying, may have fallen out of bed) She heard a commotion, looked out of window and saw her on floor. She heard one of the kids say " Did you push her Dad?" He replied " No I F*****ng never". They also heard hi m say to her "If we dont say anything, nobody will ever find out" Dont know what that was about. She was carted off in an ambulance. I have been working since, til this morning. Took my dog to the vets and saw a neighbour, who lives in front of us.

He is an OAP ( but a tough ex Army one)! He was on about Sat night and told me he had been woken up by it all and had seen two kids banging on my door ( must have been the hammering I heard) and was so concerned he had got dressed to come and see if I was ok as he thought I might be on my own ( I was, my son was at work), then he saw ambulance and police arrive and his wife told him to leave it. I then saw his next door neighbour who was also most con cerned and she told me she had seen the same thing ( kids were connected to HER).

She phoned housing association on the Monday and was told they were aware of it all, they have had many complaints. about this family. I told her I was going to phone the police as I am now worried about my sons and my own safety, and to maybe expect a visit from the police - she said she would be glad to tell them anything

Anyway, rang the number I was given by CID if I had any hassle off them but could not get through. Eventually spoke to a local WPC. She offered to go and have a word with them. I told her I was most concerned about tomorrow night ( Friday) as that was a "party" night for them, Sat , Im off to my daughters for a week. I dont know if she is still in hospital as , now, she has possibly broken her hip. She told me to phone 999 if I heard any more banging on my door and they would decide if it was an emergency or dial 101 for the police and they would send somebody straight away. She couldnt understand why my neighbours didnt phone the police, so they could have caught them red handed.

To be honest, this had not occurred to me ( must have been after all I have been through, my first thought was it was the POLICE hammering on my door!) She also told me to phone Housing association as the more complaints they had, the better, and they could even evict them She also gave me a womans name to contact there, but she is on holiday. Also, to end on a bright note - her next door was supposed to have swallowed her wedding ring and jumped out of the window after telling her husband one of the kids is not his, and she is also supposed to be having an affair.

Glad things are going so well for the - Karma!
                            Last edited by Faith; 23 August 2012, 07:13 PM. Reason: Easier to Read

Comment

Hi everyone! Feeling cautiously optimistic today as I have heard some, hopefully, good news! My brother works with this womans father-in-law and he (the father-in-law) said they have heard it probably wont even go to court. Which means my husband is not going to be charged, I hope. I am imagining that the police must have at least, most of the evidence back, and are perhaps waiting for confirmation back from the CPS? What do you think? How long would this take? His next bail date is the 13th Sept, if they decide anything before then, will they let him know and if so, how? Trying not to get my hopes up, but feeling happy for the first time in weeks! Thank you all!

Comment

Hi Angryandfrightened
                                I am not an expert, and each force seems to operate slightly differently, but I would have thought that, with his bail date so close Plod will probably not tell him anything until then. It's simply too much effort for them to pick up the phone unless they have to!
                                Your sol should contact them as a matter of course a day or so before bail date to see what their plans are. They might not tell the sol, but then again, they might.
                                Don't get too optimistic about the Father-in-law's comments. Plod/CPS wouldn't tell the accuser the chances of a charge. Trust nothing and no-one until you hear it from the horse's mouth. If the CPS feel that they have even a 51% chance of conviction they will usually proceed to charge.
                                Sorry to rain on your fireworks and I sincerely hope that the father-in-law is right.

Comment

Working...
                                X