Trial starts tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial starts tomorrow!

Its been 16 months of hell but im finally here. just hope everthing works out.

Just been reading your threads. Good luck mate my thoughts are with you.

Comment

It really has been a long haul for you, very best wishes for tomorrow.

If it's the actual trial (rather than the PCMH) remember to wear smart clothing; keep your head up and address the jury when replying to the barrister's questions; don't be frightened of showing emotion (but not anger!)
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks mate. It means alot. There have been some dark days and nights but i think i am ready now. I cant feel like this forever

Comment

Thanks casehardened

I will be fully suited. trial expected to last 3/4 days. The biggest ones of my life

Comment

Hope all goes well for you, hold your head high.
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Lee, I am so angry it has gone to trial as my hubby's did when it is clear even to the local village idiot that this is a false allegation.

You are allowed to take pen and notebook in to take notes to enable you to raise issues with and to instruct your barrister on things you take issue with, with the crown's case and what the accuser and any witnesses for the crown says.

Thinking of you and hope your family and supporters pack out the public gallery everyday.

V

Comment

Update on the first day all. Not alot got done to be honest. Prosecution were forced to disclose further info under a section 8 application

2 "hearsay" witnesses for the prosecution were declared as inadmissible by the judge so will not give evidence.

We finally got into the court at 2pm and the jury were sworn. I could actually physically hear my heart beating, i was so nervouse but i suppose this was to be expected. I felt fine before but then it hit me.

Anyway the prosecution opened. its hard not being able to respond. He made a big mistake though when he said according to the dates of the allegations i would have been 15/16. Actually it was 14/15 and i wrote this down in my notes. anyway the judge picked up on this and questioned the prosecuting barristers "arithmetics" which left him looking a bit embarassed.

When the DVD was finally put on the jury or anybody couldnt even hear it. we had to switch courts. When we did watch it she appeared to laugh at times and lied so much.

Anyway that was the end of the day and cross examination will begin tomorrow. My barrister is happy with the material i provided and feels we have alot to go at.

I feel better now but no doubt the nerves will probably kick in again tomorrow.

I will keep you all posted

Comment

Thanks for letting us know Lee.
                  Stay calm and LISTEN to everything that is said. Remember to pass notes to your sol about anything that might be pertinent.
                  Good luck for tomorrow. Please keep us updated.
                  Thinking of you and sending you positive vibes.

Comment

Good luck for tomorrow Lee, keep your cool.
                    Last edited by RFLH; 14 November 2011, 07:36 PM. Reason: can't spell!
                    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Oh my god what a day...the jury was ordered to give a not guilty verdict!! so many lies during cross examination. I cant believe it

Comment

On all counts? Oh that is absolutely brilliant!!!
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

This is great news!! Well done for keeping on top of it all.
                          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

yes on all counts!!! the key was all the facebook messages she had been sending me up to 4 weeks before she made the allegations to the police. when they were put to her during cross examination and she was given a copy in the room away from the court she looked shocked and so did the prosecution. she denied she had sent them and the judge said it was possible to fake them so we adjourned to consider the next step. both parties agreed that the judge should ask her a few questions and emphasise the importance of telling the truth. we gave her 10 minutes to consider it and she came back and told us it was infact her who sent them. the prosecution said she had lied and offered no further evidence so the judge ordered and acquittal on all charges. just shows you all...hang in there

Comment

by the way my barrister was unbelievable. his cross examination was amzing. i would definitely reccomend him

Comment

Working...
                              X