No announcement yet.

And tomorrow it all begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent! That's 2 good news threads I have just read on here. It's great to read them

Comment

Well done

Hello, well done you can now begin ure life as normal again my partner also got found not guilty this week i'll have a drink for u both xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:clap

Comment

Thank you everyone. I think it's now sinking in and I feel fantastic! In regards to the judges summing up, it was fair though it didn't sound fair! As the judge had to read out all of what she was accusing and as hubby was denying anything ever happened that was hubby's defence. The jury were given copies of the indictments, hubbys police interview, hubbys uni attendance records, hubbys work attendance records. The jury retired and we went to get a coffee, in the meantime our barrister asked about if convicted asking for sentencing to be ajourned for 3 weeks and if we would like to ask the judge for this *cue me being emotional, though not crying* we decided that if this was to happen we would not ask for it to be ajourned as we didn't know you could and had prepared for life on my own. Then within 10 mins the tannoy announcement for hubby.

I couldnt breathe my heart hurt and my body was shaking, did these 12 people all agree that my hubby was innocent and it was all a pack of lies? Judge came in looking exasperated (we felt he was on our side - omg he doesnt look happy!). Jury came in they seem happy-ish (well they feel they have made the right decision!) Members of the family were already crying! Foreman up for the first charge. NOT GUILTY not guilty did he say not guilty (Now im crying and thinking did he def say NOT!) Then he read the second charge NOT GUILTY again im thinking am I hearing right, then i'm thinking that because we are all crying does he think we're all here for the accuser!? Then no as the jury had seen me n hubby outside of court. By this time there on about count 8 I cannot remember what any of the jury or judges faces were but all I remember is 'You are free to go Mr J**** and I think you should take your family with you' Im like looking like **** with my make up down my face and I just start thanking the jury with my croaky crying voice and walk out the court with my husband! Still doesnt feel real. We see barrister and solicitor for the last time (still looking like ****) just thanking him constantly, then give him a hug. Then get outside and just numb! Gotta get to the pub for a big drink

All family is there phones going mad with news. Cant stop smiling!!! Have lunch then go home for a bit as Bro in law is throwing a party later. Went to party (I think I have a family reputation for liking the southern comfort as many bottles appear around me!) still doesnt feel real! Feeling tired, bewildered, overwhelmed and numb at it all at the same time. We leave party early to go to bed. Slept rubbish!!! Kept thinking I was thinking about court but hubby said I was def asleep, though he didnt sleep well either though he said he felt really happy but numb. Next day we went to see Harry Potter (not hubbys choice ha ha but I won tickets) and I thin just walking around B'ham city centre holding hands constantly smiling, it was sinking in!! On the night we went to the pub with friends (honestly, we're not closet alkies!) and we were having a good laugh about everything, life in general! For the first time I slept amazing

Comment

Wow, thanks Noodles! if it feels like a dream....well, that's the nature of extreme trauma...it doesn't feel real.
          I wish I could have posted something similar, but I am proud that you were able to do so.
          That's a very touching and honest account. I cried along with you as I was reading it!
          Thank you for sharing it xx

Comment

an extremeley touching and moving account noodles.

I too had a tear or two in my eye as I read it (although being a man I will only admit to having something in my eye!)

I am so very happy for you both.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, you're a great writer, perhaps there's a magazine article blossoming

I was amused at you noticing the judge looked exasperated when he came back in; he had probably hoped for a longer break than the short time the jury took to come to their decision
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Fantastic news!

Originally posted by noodles View Post
                NOT GUILTY on all 10 counts!!! Jury deliberated for 50 mins. It was sooo nerve racking! Been in the pub since!! I think tonight I shall sleep well for the first time in 20 months!!
                I am absolutely thrilled that you have your lives back. Enjoy it with best wishes and love from me! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Working...
                X