What to expect at Trial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hello, yes cud u call me 2moz if thats ok? i mean i dont wana go into detail on here but i told u the way he is ect

Comment

Yes but that is the way he is (serious as it is) - the judge would be more concerned with somebody in the family who could be bullied (at school as in the case of a child in the family) or very elderly person who could be targeted.

If I don't ring you tomorrow morning (I am out most of the day) if you post up on this thread around 4pm if you have not heard from me, I'll ring you when I get the message.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hello

Ahh right ok, didnt realise u ment about other family member's and ok x

Comment

I would just say that in my latter case, the only restriction which was allowed was to not print my address, as my child visited. Beyond that, they were more than happy to let the press have free rein.
          As he had the same unusual surname, by identifying me, that left him open to bullying too. Not that it seemed to matter to the judge.
          I wouldn't know what the figures are for getting a D-notice, but I'd imagine the number granted is a lot smaller than the number requesting it.

Comment

Hi

Hi ok saffron thanks x

Comment

What to expect at trial

Originally posted by doubletake View Post
              Hello, can any1 tell me what to expect on trial? as the trial is coming closer and we dont have a clue?
              Before you go to court please, please meet your barrister and clarify exactly what your defense is going to be- DO NOT ASSUME that he has fully understood all the facts- they are very busy people and cannot possibly be fully aware of all the facts - ours wasn't. Review ALL witness statements and make notes on subjects you want him to quesition and examine closely. Highlight ALL statements you disagree with and give him reasons why. You need to give the jury a clear, precise reason how and why your accuser is lying. . Check telephone logs - get a time line of events - make sure you are fully conversant with it - take notes into the dock with you DO NOT be naive and trust to luck. The barrister is YOUR voice in court. Make sure you make notes of all inconsistencies in witness statements and make sure your barrister is kept informed - ensure before trial that you have a way of letting him know about any parts of witness testimony you disagree with and make him pursue qiestioning until a satisfactory answer is obtained. Review your own police statement in detail and look for any areas which the prosecution may question. Be prepared - if you look hesitant and flustered they will assume you are lying(unlike your accuser). Preparation is everything but you will never be fully prepared for an appearance at Crown Court with your life on the line. Go to your local court and familiarise yourself with the court layout, sit in on a trial if you can - see what you ae likely to be facing. The prosecution will be doing everything they can to put you in prison - they do not care if you are guilty or not- it is their job to prosecute you. I am sorry if all of this frightens you but you MUST take this very seriously - you may only get ONE chance to prove your innocence - don't waste it. Good luck.

Comment

Hello

Ok, thank's for all the help Victoria

Comment

DT when does the trial start?

Comment

Hi RF

Is it ok for me to inbox u on the other forum? i dont like to say to much here as u realy never know who is lookin x

Comment

Post up on the other forum as it's private. I have already asked you on there......

Comment

Hi RF

Ok will do thanks x

Comment

hi doubletake,

A very busy thread here,

Have read advice from saffron and victoria, and from my experience of the crown court they have between them given you the most in depth outline of crown court procedures.

One very minor point however, is saffron suggested making notes to discuss points with barristers. It may be worth discussing this with your barrister before the trial begins as I was searched and my pocket contents held during the trial and I was not allowed access to paper and pen.

Comment

Hello

Hello, Ok, thanks for that

Comment

Originally posted by davet View Post
                              hi doubletake,

It may be worth discussing this with your barrister before the trial begins as I was searched and my pocket contents held during the trial and I was not allowed access to paper and pen.

In the trials that I have been involved with the def has sat in the dock with a pen and pad in order to make notes during the proceedings and has in fact passed those notes to counsel via the solicitor sat behind him during the course of the trial.

How long ago was your trial, Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                                In the trials that I have been involved with the def has sat in the dock with a pen and pad in order to make notes during the proceedings and has in fact passed those notes to counsel via the solicitor sat behind him during the course of the trial.

How long ago was your trial, Dave?
                                hi Rights Fighter,

Trial was 20th march 2009, at the Cambridge Crown Court, I remenber it well.

Every day, on entering the actual court, (I was on bail at the time) I was searched and everything I had was put into a bag by the security guards and returned to me at the end of the days proceedings.

On the first day I wanted to make a note of one or two things which had come up in evidence to discuss with my barrister, however, I asked the guards for pen and paper and was told that I was not allowed them.

I did bring this up with my barrister who told me that I should have told him before the trial commenced and he could have made arrangements but it was too late by then.

Luckily, I was able to remember all other points that arose over the next 4 days.

it could be worth noting that I had been charged with GBH and the court may have thought I could have caused mayhem with a Biro

Comment

Working...
                                X