X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused of Rape

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me.

Yesterday i was arrested for Rape from my home address, My car was seized, my bedroom was searched and all my mobile phones were also seized ( some not even working).

The allegation given by the individual was that i had followed her in my car from University to her house. The day after i had seen her at a bus stop asked to get in the car showed her a knife, she refused to get in i then got out the car and pushed her and sped off. i parked at a quiet spot and the asked her to give me oral sex, she refused and said 'NO i have never given a Blowjob before' i then took out a knife and forced her to give me oral sex. i then kicked her out the car she fell to the floor, and drove off.

This girl i have known for 3 days. my friend had given me her number as he had a sexual relation ship with her for a few days. i had called her she had not answered. so she called me back and we started talking, we arranged to meet up the day after which we did for 15 mins. the day after while messaging her a sexual conversation began, so she arranged to meet up again. i had picked her up (not from a bustop) parked up not far from her uni we started talking and happily she agreed to give oral sex. after the this she asked me to let her drive my car she started getting persistent trying to get in the drivers seat she then got out the car to get in to the driver seat at this point i had driven off.

I am on Bail at the moment. i have been really compliant with the police. but i need some help on how to get my car back and also my mobiles as i my work phone has also been seized. what will happen now and also my family where in the house at the time of the arrest but i have told them it is for a Road Traffic Accident. I would get thrown out my home if they were to find out. is there anyway they can find out??

And finally i have 4 different people who will go in to the police station and say she has given oral sex before.

Please can someone reply to this thread as i am very worried

As for getting the car and mobiles back, forget it. They'll be kept for as long as plod and cps want. If you're found guilty after a trial, they would be forfeited as used in a crime.

The worst thing you can do is lie to your family. You may need their support.

All you can do is wait and see what police and cps do; if they decide to charge you or not. Realistically, all you have is her word against yours, but sadly that's all they often need.
    Sorry, but it's a waiting game.

Comment

Originally posted by bob View Post
      And finally i have 4 different people who will go in to the police station and say she has given oral sex before.
      This is completely irrelevant to your case. Just because she has given oral sex before to different people does not mean that she can't be forced to do so against her will. Her character and sexual history will have no bearing on the case at all. In fact your sexual history is the one that will be in the spotlight, and to be honest it sounds as though you met up with this girl with the sole intention of having some sort of sexual liaison with her, got what you wanted and then drove off. At best rather ungentlemanly.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but this is the viewpoint the police will have while investigating the case. Please take a valuable lesson from this and don't indulge in any further casual sex.

Comment

Totally agree with Saffron.

Comment

I agree with the above two posts.

For arguments' sakes and playing devil's advocate: the Crown would say:
          "So what if she has given oral sex to other men? Just because she is supposed to have told you that she's never given oral sex before doesn't mean that she was actually lying for malicious reasons - she could well have said that in an effort to persuade you not to force her into it".
          As Saffron has said, her previous sexual history is not important under this circumstance.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

You got oral sex off her then seized the oportunity to ditch her after & drive off leaving her to find her own way home?
            I guess that could be a reason for her to make a false allegation. I wonder why she didn't with the guy you know that had casual sex with her though?
            Just a waiting game now unfortunately.

Comment

Thanks guys,

I have got my car back after 2 days so thats good news. I also id like to add that the day before the allegation she had stated that i had followed her from uni to to her home. She had told me that she was in the town centre that day she had left uni early, she got the bus home and was home about 06:30 i had finished work at 15:30 that day.

Also she had mentioned that i had locked her in the car, 3 door cars do not have child locks on them so it is impossible for her to be locked in. in addition to that she had opened the door when she had gotten in to the car so her prints would be on the door handles, but i have had the car washed after that day..

Finally i have rang the officer in charge and said there are some vital parts of information for the case which i did not mention, (as above) so i think they will reinterview me.

And in reponse to the four people going in to the police station, the interviewer wanted to know the names of the guys who had given me her number, i said i do not wish to disclose their information at this time. but they advised me later on that they would help the case. i have given their names and nmbers to them now and the police will interview them next week.

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by bob View Post
                Also she had mentioned that i had locked her in the car, 3 door cars do not have child locks on them so it is impossible for her to be locked in. in addition to that she had opened the door when she had gotten in to the car so her prints would be on the door handles, but i have had the car washed after that day..
                Some cars, including the 3-door variety, can be locked from the driver's door (inside) which override the passenger lock. Also, could be argued you locked the central locking, and she tried to open the door handle, which of course wouldn't unlock the central locking on some....

Smart move cleaning the car. Would've helped your case immensely to have a dirty car with a distinct lack of her pawprints on it. Not sure if you didn't just increase suspicion there.....
                Last edited by LS; 13 May 2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Her fingerprints would be there anyway wouldn't they unless you opened the door for her and then let her out without her putting a finger anywhere.

I can't see how a lack of fingerprints, or fingerprints being there could help your case.

Whether the police really do interview your friends who claim that the complainant has given oral sex at least four times, or not, would make no difference should the case proceed - for reasons already given. Plus, in the same way that a complainant can trot out "witnesses" who claim they were "told" by her that she was raped, so can a suspect trot out "witnesses" to give evidence of bad character (of a sexual nature) which is unlikely to be admissible at trial in any event.

Even if it was admitted into the evidence, can you imagine the cross-examination?

Barrister (from either side): "Witnesses will give evidence that you have given oral sex at least four times? How do you answer that?"

Complainant: "Well, I told him I had never given oral sex to a man before in the hope he wouldn't force me
                  to give it to him".

If this matter proceeds and you attempt to bring in her bad character, then that would open the gateway to bring in yours - even stuff that has nothing to do with sex offences.
                  Last edited by Rights Fighter; 13 May 2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                    I can't see how a lack of fingerprints, or fingerprints being there could help your case.
                    I thought, no dabs no proof. How could she claim she'd been in the car if forensics found no proof to support the claim. Just another chip in the block.

Comment

This is not a murder case - police are highly unlikely to test for fingerprints - I've yet to see this in any of the cases I have reviewed. Plus of course he has conveniently had the car cleaned/valeted.

Comment

That's why I said "smart move." (insert cynical smiley here)

Comment

i get my car washed every week, so theres nothing suspicious about that to be honest. and also the incident happend on a friday i got arrested on the sunday. Does that mean she would have put the alleagation forward on sunday?

Comment

Guys,

Who can i get legal advice from ive got a duty solicitor who does not give a sod. im so depressed angry etcc.. just do not know what to think i havent slept since i got arrested. It is starting to affect my work and personal life.

i need to speak to someone,

and also can someone advise me on how my case looks in the police eyes, how likely it is to go court or me getting a NFA.

I can not tell my mum as she had a panic attack when i got arrested in my home, and had to be taken hospital in an ambulance.

I pray that the police do find out this is a false allegation, what can i do the girl. can i take her to court press charges??

please can someone reply

Comment

Nobody can answer your questions as to whether this will be NFA'd or how the police will look at it. Even your solicitor won't know. It's a waiting game - if you read other threads on this forum you will see that everybody in your situation has had to go through the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X