Husband falsely accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pleasehelp

My husband was charged at his first police interview. As soon as he knew they wanted to speak to him he voluntarily went into our local police station, thinking if he gave his version of events it would be sorted out. Unfortunatly that wasn't the case. He admitted to consensual sex which was all they seemed to need to charge. He didn't have a solicitor present and due to being stressed and in shock at the whole situation gave information which was misinterpreted and they confused him with their line of questioning. His interview only lasted a couple of hours, he was put in a cell then sent to a hospital for the medical / forensic tests.

The following morning he appeared in court and released immediatly on bail. He got to meet a solicitor at this time. No police officer or any official has ever spoken to him since and that was over a year ago. The CID did do a brief investigation at the time but only pursued information which backed up the womans story.
    Bear in mind we are in Scotland which has a different legal system which has recently changed regarding solicitors now being present at a persons first interview.

Once a person is charged a solicitor can start work on a case as he knows what exactly he will be dealing with and what the charges are. In my husband's case it took 3 months for the prosecution files to come through and 7 months for the results of the forensics.

I have gone with my husband on all his solicitor visits and have heard and read all the statements, which has not been easy. We keep hoping this whole thing will be dropped as we have been told the prosecution have a weak case against my husband and we are dealing with a woman that is a manipulating liar, but it is now in the legal system and has to be put through apropriatly. No date for a trial has been set and my husband is going though preliminary hearings where he has still not been asked any questions.
    like your husband mine is finding it all too much. he is still working. All his work mates have been very supportive which has helped him alot. i have concentrated on keeping my family life as normal as possible as we have a number of children.

The uncertainty of what the future is going to bring is a horrible situation to be in. I feel for you, your husband and the rest of your family.

Comment

thank you so much goldfishfor that info, i feel reassured to know there are people out there going through this as isnt uncommon.
      my husband has been signed off work as it was long hours and i think it was getting to much, i to am trying to get on with family life but is so hard! sometimes i feel like just screaming at him other times i just want to hug him! such a horrible thing to go through.
      one thing i am worried about is if he gets charged his name will apear in papers which ppl being judgemental may make it hard at school for my son.
      did he not get a bail return date? that the bit i dont like going back to the police station and not going to know the outcome, and if they want to re question him, why? will it be same questions or different? i think i am finding it harder than him on that front as i want to know all details! like you i have heard these and can say it was hard and upsetting but i glad i did.
      thank you for your help.

Comment

HI

a quick message to say my husband got a phone call all NFA!!! soooooooo happy is an understatement, we can now enjoy our christmas and life together. plus he has learnt the biggest lesson eer how important family are.

we were lucky i think it was over in 6 weeks which seem quick compared to others but it was worse 6 weeks ever!

wouldlike to thank everyone who had kind and helpful words.

the site to be able to read others stories all been a great help, this site is brilliant and a great support.

thank you

Comment

Great news !!!!

dearpleasehelp, that is brilliant news

Comment

keri

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
            If this woman has made previous allegations of rape in the past, do you know if she went to the police with these and if so what the outcome was?

Should hubby be charged his solicitor would be able to look into the previous allegations.

Keep coming back and you'll get loads of support.
            hi to find out if previous allegations have been made, your solicitor must request a section 41. even if u know things about her it can not be used, as its defamation of character . ive just sat through a 5 day trial, as the judge says, its not upto the prosecution to prove your guilt, but for u to prove your innosence. my partner just lost his trial,but it does not end there. dont ever give up. i wil continue to fight regardless, if u give up, they win. keri

Comment

I am really pleased for you! I wish you and your husband and your family all the best for Christmas and the future.

Comment

keri

Originally posted by pleasehelp View Post
                thank you for that goldfish, i hope he is not charged too! can i ask you when he was charged what happened?? i am hoping it does not come to that tho espically just before xmas!

also cananyone let me no if they re question at bail!? if they do what is the purpose of this?

thank you
                hi, you are not re questioned at bail. they just re bail you until a court date. x

Comment

Great news, Pleasehelp!
                  I hope you can now both relax and enjoy Christmas. xx

Comment

Wonderful news for you and your family,so pleased it was resolved so quickly for you.

Comment

Originally posted by keri19711keri View Post
                      hi to find out if previous allegations have been made, your solicitor must request a section 41. even if u know things about her it can not be used, as its defamation of character . ive just sat through a 5 day trial, as the judge says, its not upto the prosecution to prove your guilt, but for u to prove your innosence. my partner just lost his trial,but it does not end there. dont ever give up. i wil continue to fight regardless, if u give up, they win. keri

Keri

Section 41 relates to adducing evidence of previous sexual history, not previously making allegations of sexual assault/rape against other people.
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Great news "PleaseHelp!"

Comment

that's wonderful news!!
                          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Oh, that is fantastic news - I do hope you have a nice Christmas - remember you may feel some stress and feel a bit low after all of the adrenalin leaves your body. My friend Tony is so relieved but also still has the question "Why". He also had a heart scare which I put down to the huge amount of pressure he was under for 4 months.
                            Very best wishes
                            Jen x
                            False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by pleasehelp View Post
                              please can you help i posting here as dont no what else to do! my husband was stupid and had consenual sex with another women who we know! he never finished! as realised what he was doing he was drunk she was not! she then told him to come back the following week he ignored this! she then claims rape!! which i am 100% sure it is not, the women has said to others she been raped in the past. he was then arrested the police were lovley to us all but he was bailed pending further enquiries for 5 weeks we return next week! what is the outcome likely to be? what hapens on return, i am standing by him as i no no way this was rape! the women walked past me the other day and laughed in my face! we so scared he been off work on medication and we trying to bring up our 2 sons! please help! the solicitor saying not to worry but it easy for them to say that hers is probably saying the same!
                              hi my partner has just been convicted of rape and now are trying to appeal.His trial was last week.I am also on my own with children.I am now studying every legality there is on this subject.And hopefully when i save enough money,ill be buying the book i need to help fight for wrongly accused.Though i never realised a book could cost 547.00. But you know what all the obstacles in my way just make me more determined.If i can help you in anyway,from the legal or emotional side,please just contact me x

Comment

Keri it might help if you start your own thread. I say this as some people will miss the post down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X