falsely accused. need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Viva,

Waiting for the bail date is hell and I'm glad that you're feeling more positive.

I am firmly of the opinion that the longer it all drags on for, the more optimistic the outlook, after all the police guidelines are that they should charge as soon as they have enough evidence, so if they haven't already charged....

You mentioned tests for DNA on the bedding; did your sister-in-law ever stay overnight in your house in the normal course of events? (i.e. apart from the time she alleged the offence took place)

If so all DNA traces will have been mixed up & distributed over towels & bedding via the washing machine and it will be difficult for the prosecution to make anything of this at all. If this is the case it is likely that the forensic examination will consist of simply looking for large splodges of semen on the sheets!
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

hi casehardened.
      my sister in law says that this happend in my little boys bed and in the bed me and my wife share.
      She has stopped at ours loads of times and mainly slept in my little boys bed, to my knowledge she has never slept in my bed but my wife says she has laid in it at times with her when i have been working. i must also say that boh me and my wife have slept in my little boys bed (me as i worked long hours i would sometimes fall to sleep while trying to get my little un to sleep and the wife would leave me there and the wife when we had the kids come get in our bed).
      Whats strange is that she stopped several times after she alledges this had taken place yet she says she felt threatened into stopping!!!

Comment

Hi Viva,

It's dreadful that you having to wait so long for a decision, especially as you've had a change of OIC and so haven't got a point of contact any more.

However from reading of others experiences, months and months of delay is not unusual. I can't remember if you said your PC had been seized but if so this also causes a delay (in my area there is a 6/7 month waiting list before forensic examination of the hard drive takes place for 'non-critical' cases)

From what you said, yours, your wifes, and your sister-in-laws DNA are all going to be spread all over all of the beddng (taking the view that most people wash all the sheets together in the machine as one load) and so this is unlikely to have any significance.

Comment

ive phoned the police and they say it is all being looked at at the moment but as yet there is no evidence to sugest the case will go any further.
          Also ive been told that the OIC is still the same hes just moved branch.

Comment

had a conversation with my solicitor today that cheered me up a little. he has been in touch with the police and has been digging them to see if he can get any info.
            He said the police didnt exactly say but what he gathered from them was the results wr in from the girls medical and it showed she was infact a virgin, also they had no evidence from our phones ( they took them as she said we had been txting) so all her story depends on forensics on the bedding wr she said this had happened and infact they would have the results on them anytime soon so i would possibly hear something sooner than my bail date on the 22nd march.
            That would be amazing fingers crossed

Comment

The result of the medical is really good news as it confirms she has lied and therefore anything else she has said must also be in doubt.

As many forum members have already said, it's best not to get too optimistic as a downer would be too much of a shock, but the comments I previously posted about the DNA being mixed up in the sheets were actually made by an investigating DC.

Hopefully during your interview you emphasized that your sister-in-law regularly slept over, before and after she made the accusation, if not it would definitely be worth getting your solicitor to pass this information on.

Comment

Yes, just be cautious over the medical evidence. A favourite is then to charge with Attempting To, and you cannot defend against Attempting Anything unless you have an alibi showing you to be elsewhere.
                I found this out the hard way. We too had a medical document showing she was still a virgin, so the claim of sex having taken place went out the window. Then the charge went to Attempted, and despite the person being unable to name a where, a when, a how, or any description of my clothing, my penis, or in fact any material fact to corroborate her accusation, I ended up being convicted. What scant details she was able to give were no more detailed than you'd find bandied around in a primary school playground.

Best to be forewarned, realistic and cautious, then if it goes right for you it's a relief. If it doesn't, then it's not a total shock.
                Last edited by LS; 10 February 2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

thanks lifesucks & casehardened.
                  Im not gona read too much into anything until it it there in black&white infront of me.
                  I made sure that i told them everything about her stopping at our house before an after.
                  All that said any news like that is a bit of a boost if anything.
                  Will keep you all posted.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by viva View Post
                    just an update on how things are going for me.
                    since been wrongly accused on the 16th i had to go live with my brother and his partner over 60 miles away. i was coping and getting by. i had agreed along with social services that i would keep to their guide which was to only have contact with my children when supervised and that i was not to stay under the same roof as them at all. I delt with this knowing it wouldnt be long for this mess to get sorted out. My solicitor had told me it was know just a waiting game. Then i got a call saying it was unsafe for me to be at that address. My family sorted it for me to leave stright away but it ment moving further away to my other brothers as this was the only family i had left were i couldnt b found. I phoned my solicitor and told him and he instructed me to phone social services which i did, all the said was that there were no reasons i couldnt move and it was up to me if i wanted to pass onto them my new address.
                    So i moved the next day and phoned the social services with my new address. then we got an unannounced call at the door from the local services stating that i couldnt live here due to there being a child under 16 at the address. I was not told this before i moved and why is it they werent interested that much where i was but as soon as they knew they said i couldnt live their. It seems to me like the beleive that what they dont know wont hurt. I was also told that even when/if im cleared (WHICH I WILL BE) that services could be involved upto my kids reaching 16, my youngest is 3 and i could still be put on the sex offenders register for 2 years. I find this so wrong am i alone??????
                    hi, ive just read your story,and my partner is going through the same thing as you being accused of raping my 13 year old sister,i no its not true because all the dates she gave them was wrong and she have told bad lies in the past, my partner cant even stay in our own home at night because i have a little daughter,and life just aint fair. where trying to prove his innocent but they just dont seem interested,my mum and friends done statements to let them no what a stinking little lier she is,and where all torn apart so i do no what your going through,she went for one medical ex today but it came back as inconclusive so we got to wait another 3 weeks for her to have another one done,we even offered the police to come in our home to try and take evidance of where it was supposed to have happened but they never even done that, do you no what will happen if they cant find no evidance? cause i no they wont,i just dont want an innocent man going to prison,so i no how you must be feeling,please write back thx

Comment

Natty make sure your sols KNOW that you invited the police to visit the scene of the alleged crime and that they refused. This needs to be put before a jury.

If you need some one-to-one please PM. I am out all day (having a day off for a change) but will come back to you later.
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi Natty and welcome. I'm sorry you had to find us, but glad that you did.
                        I have been in a similar situation to you - my partner was FA, although not by any member of our families. That must be the worst, my heart goes out to you.
                        When you are feeling strong enough, feel free to start a thread of your own. Don't put any identifying features on it - this is a public forum - but you will get good advice.

Stay strong xx

Comment

Hi all,
                          Just an update so to speak.
                          I just want to say ive been finding things to try and take my mind away from his mess if only for a short while. Due to having to move over 100 miles away from my home i found myself alone and without a social life so recently i started to go watch local sunday football and can gladly say ive joined the team and have been playing for the last 2 weeks and today we won (14-1) the lads are all welcoming and have helped me settle in easily. Also in the last fortnight i have been offered a job that i accepted so things are looking up and i have a release from this nightmare if only for a short while. But every little helps.

Comment

That's really positive news viva - I hope it continues to be so.

Keep coming back to post - we're always interested in the good news as well as helping with the not so good.
                            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

That's great viva, doing something interesting takes one's mind away from the waiting game and helps to develop a more positive attitude

Comment

Well done that man! It's all too easy to never venture forth and to withdraw from the world, which can make one ill - physicaly and mentally.

Keep on keeping on!
                                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                                X