Screenwriter needs your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Andrew

I think your synopsis sums it all up succinctly. I can't think of anything to add without it overpowering the dish, so to speak, but the basic ethos of what goes on in our lives is all there.

"crushing the charges only settles the imprisonment consequence and shames the alleger, which is far short of enough."
    This is the bit I think is possibly a typing error - settling the imprisonment consequence doesn't shame the alleger. They are immune from shame in all but rare cases.
    Well done
    LS
    Last edited by LS; 1 February 2010, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Andrew you're right. I fully agree with you about what you say about only certain ppl could do that. and i most certainly am not one of those men. I feel guilty if i get into a heated arguement with girlfriends and say something not to nice let alone anything physical. It is the feeling of violation that is partly driving me to clear my name completely, but being an honest person i think its more the sense injustice that makes me want to try and change things for all men and women wrongly accused. Why should the victims of malicious lies be prevented from certain jobs or going to certain places in the world. its just not acceptable nor should it be

Comment

I think I cut in when macdougal was posting, but I agree with him. The words I use for it is "a conscience." We have a conscience that makes us feel bad/guilty if we offend someone, or think we have, or mistreated them.

The genuine item we run the risk of being tarred as, doesn't have one, so for us the very idea of treating anyone like that is just offensive in itself to us.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeSucks View Post
          "crushing the charges only settles the imprisonment consequence and shames the alleger, which is far short of enough." This is the bit I think is possibly a typing error - settling the imprisonment consequence doesn't shame the alleger. They are immune from shame in all but rare cases.
          Not a typing error , just me forgetting that the plaintiff can hide behind outright anonymity.

When you write, "in all but rare cases" are you refering to, in the unlikelihood, that charges will be made against them, and in the court of public opinion should the papers run an article? Just want to make sure I'm not missing or misunderstanding anything.
          My name is Andrew and I am a screenwriter looking to meet with men falsely accused of rape: http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ead.php?t=1215 If you would care to meet please PM me.

Comment

What I mean is the alleger/plaintiff is immune from being named and shamed, or having to suffer the ignominy that anyone accused and/or convicted does.
            But for the purposes of this article, it's the fact that someone can make an allegation without fear of any recourse to themselves if the accused is found not guilty or the case is NFA'd.
            Mud sticks, and while the accused is left to pick up the pieces, the accuser gets on with life unhindered.

The only exception is in the case of those the Judge feels like referring for prosecution (rarely), in which case they get a taste of what they put someone else through, with the additional proviso of also being named and shamed.

Comment

Andrew
              I know this thread looks 'closed' but there's another emotion which has been crossing my mind, and no one seems to have picked up on in these cases and that's one of distrust/mistrust.

Like most others, I was brought up believing that the police and those in their line of work were there as the one and only line of defence against erroneous claims. If someone made a silly accusation against you, they'd be the ones to suss out it was so and to discount it and give the accuser's silliness short shrift. As a result of this clearly not being so, I particularly distrust the police now, and view them and bureaucracy in general with a large deal of suspicion and cynicism. I take the view that they are corrupt until proven otherwise.

In addition I find that I'm no longer outgoing as I used to be, I shy away from people and personal contact. Any contact I have with people is minimaI, usually via forums such as this and either under an assumed name or just a nickname, as on here. I rarely leave the house any longer, and if I do it's because I have to not because I want to. Shopping trips are quick dashes in and out, whereas before I would window-shop for Britain. It's because the least contact I have with anyone, the least chance there is of anyone making another silliness accusation or of anyone in power entertaining it. In an ideal world, the only way I'd be comfortable enough to lead life like I used to would be if I had every moment of my day video'd so that I'd have irrefutable proof of my innocence if the worst happened.

I could be wrong, but I just thought I'd point this out, as I think distrust/mistrust would certainly be one of your character's main traits.
              Regards
              LS

Comment

I second that LS
                Mistrust is a huge thing im feeling now. I have female friends who ive known for a long time asking me if i want to call round for a cuppa and catch up and im find myself feeling so vulnerable that im making excuses not to see them. Or in the case of the ones that know about my situation im telling them that we'll do something when this is all over as i feel to vulnerable and distrusting with everyone at the moment. And although they say they understand i know that they are offended. its a sh**ty position to be in as its affecting our friendship and theyre the people I need round me.
                I feel more comfortable around my male friends and can relax a bit more, but always on edge around females at the moment. which really angers me because some of the best friends ive ever had are female

Comment

I think this is a very common feeling. When R was released he was exactly the same, and in fact even now, 6 years later, he still dislikes being left alone with a female, even one who is a mutual friend. Immediately after he was released, he never used to leave his cigarette butts lying around, even in pub ashtrays. He was frightened of his DNA being found at the scene of a crime. He would bring them home and put them in our bin.

I wish more men would realise that casual sexual encounters are an enormous risk, not just because of STDs, but because they are leaving themselves open to False Allegations.

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks.

I have made extensive notes on mistrust and distrust, which, as you write LifeSucks, will most certainly be a main character trait post allegation. In fact its what will propel the story. I can't imagine a man appearing from the back end of a false allegation and not distrusting the world inwhich he lives(perhaps, save close family and friends that have been a pillar of support from the get-go).

Trust, in lovers to strangers, is a barometer that dictates how we communicate to one another. A heart with a shed load of mis/distrust will lead a lonely, paranoid life.
                    Having a wreckingball smash through the way a man measured trust in others is so damaging to quality of life that the infrequency of punishments handed down to false accusers can only be viewed as a cosmic joke.

Take care folks.
                    My name is Andrew and I am a screenwriter looking to meet with men falsely accused of rape: http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ead.php?t=1215 If you would care to meet please PM me.

Comment

Hello all

A wee question regarding character references...

Can character references be garnered from family members if they are recognised professionals, or must they come from professional persons outside the family unit?

Thank you

Andrew

Comment

If they are "character" references then they can come from family members and outside of the family, professional or not.

Best not all from family as it would be construed that "families will stick together".
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

^^ Thank you RF.

Comment

There you go Andrew - I was wrong!

Comment

Where are you wrong Saffron?
                              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I thought they couldn;t be family members. When R had to produce character refs at sentencing our sol said they had to be not immediate family, and they had to be from a recognised "profession", ie: Doctor, Teacher, accountant, solicitor, etc.
                                Maybe it's because it was sentencing, not trial.

Comment

Working...
                                X