Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i may be naive but how exactly do cases get convictions without evidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my solicitor was very good. At the beginning when I was really going frantic I'd text him at strange hours and he would get back to me to help my well being.

Every so often I would nag him that I need to go to the police to tell them more but he would always advise me not to.

Just hope that I win my misdemeanor case which again I am innocent of.

Who does make the final decision, the police officer or the CPS? In reality would the arresting officer say to the CPS I don't think he's guilty? How does it work behind the scenes?

Comment

Originally posted by mouse View Post
      R U Reading this Deveaux?
      Don't want to sound stupid but what does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by JamieG View Post
        Whilst the cat is away the mice will place.
        The mice can have the place. I want a nicer place.
        And when I said this I really didn't expect to get a reply from a real mouse.

Comment

always expect the unexpected!!
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Reference postscript.

My comment referred to a certain person in high office who seems to be waging his own personal vendetta against anyone accused of sex offence, from experience and statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by JamieG View Post
              Well my solicitor was very good. At the beginning when I was really going frantic I'd text him at strange hours and he would get back to me to help my well being.

Every so often I would nag him that I need to go to the police to tell them more but he would always advise me not to.

Just hope that I win my misdemeanor case which again I am innocent of.

Who does make the final decision, the police officer or the CPS? In reality would the arresting officer say to the CPS I don't think he's guilty? How does it work behind the scenes?
              Not 100% sure, but I thought it was CPS that made the final say so. With info from ol bill of course...

Comment

Quotes

Remember the Law is only as good as the integrity of those entrusted to administer it

Recent true quote by a prominent Judge....' Even though there is no evidence to prove you did it, I believe you did it'

British Justice in a nutshell.

Comment

I believe the police take all the statements to CPS and I think they give their own opinion then CPS decide
                  Although, during statement stage we were told that arresting officer would need to take everything to her superior who could decide not to give it to CPS but I've never read that on here xx
                  I live in hope it's over forever

Comment

Originally posted by mouse View Post
                    Remember the Law is only as good as the integrity of those entrusted to administer it

Recent true quote by a prominent Judge....' Even though there is no evidence to prove you did it, I believe you did it'

British Justice in a nutshell.

That was said at sentence so cannot be used for appeal. Shame he didn't make that comment before the jury went out.
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                    X