No announcement yet.

Jimmy Savile situation causing stir, could this add too our stigma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's exactly what I thought - then wondered if I was being cynical, glad to know I'm not!
    Allegedly his name was on the card Phillip Schofield handed to David Cameron on TV yesterday naming people who had abused children.
    Seems to be getting crazier by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Izzy View Post
      That's exactly what I thought - then wondered if I was being cynical, glad to know I'm not!
      Allegedly his name was on the card Phillip Schofield handed to David Cameron on TV yesterday naming people who had abused children.
      Seems to be getting crazier by the day.
      I hate Phillip Schofield. I mean serious, in his position would you do that? He is a **** who loves to make himself look good. If I was on TV I would say (considering Phil has a journalistic background, dont ever forget that when you see that cheesey grin) Come back with evidence....and after the break we will be looking at whether check from Wales beats the Scotttish kilt....Oh can you take part in that mind numbing game we are going to insult you with

Comment

Yes I am glad there has been quite a public retraction...

And as for Schofield, I can only agree with you Tiftaf. Vile excuse for a human being for that silly stunt he pulled. Hopefully it will prove to be career suicide. Never mind dancing on ice, hes bloody well skating on it and it's getting thinner by the day...
        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
          Yes I am glad there has been quite a public retraction...

And as for Schofield, I can only agree with you Tiftaf. Vile excuse for a human being for that silly stunt he pulled. Hopefully it will prove to be career suicide. Never mind dancing on ice, hes bloody well skating on it and it's getting thinner by the day...
          Dancing on thin ice?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
            Hopefully it will prove to be career suicide. Never mind dancing on ice, hes bloody well skating on it and it's getting thinner by the day...
            Yes, it is interesting that another of the programme presenters was tasked to read out an apology on his behalf: either he hadn't the b***s or he has already been pulled.

Unlike most of FA's, Lord McAlpine has the funding, contacts, and an on-board legal team to be able to wreak retribution on his accuser(s). The media will always run with the most interesting story and hopefully this one will run and run. ITV in particular will never miss the chance to give the BBC some stick

I also note a bit of backpedalling on the proposed (re)inquiry(ies) into the alleged abuse at the Wrexham Children's home
            Last edited by Casehardened; 10 November 2012, 06:24 AM.
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
              Yes, it is interesting than another of the programme presenters was tasked to read out an apology on his behalf: either he hadn't the b***s or he has already been pulled.

Unlike most of FA's, Lord McAlpine has the funding, contacts, and an on-board legal team to be able to wreak retribution on his accuser(s). The media will always run with the most interesting story and hopefully this one will run and run. ITV in particular will never miss the chance to give the BBC some stick

I also note a bit of backpedalling on the proposed (re)inquiry(ies) into the alleged abuse at the Wrexham Children's home
              I'm hearing/seeing UK news from EU mainland, so I don't know the finer points of things . However, I remember the Hillsborough disaster very well, 96 deaths and the results of over 20 years investigation in hugely adverse conditions coming up with evidence of corruption right across the board and to the highest level seems to me extremely newsworthy. Could it be that Jimmy Saville's spectre is being used to over-shadow the current enquiry?
              Incidently , JS' infamy has spread ... there was a program about it on the tele here a few nights ago - I wonder how people who send their kids for language holidays to the UK were feeling , as soon I can see this becoming part of the greater hypocrisy... this only happens in the UK!
              Just a thought on the 'alleged victims ' of JS... can they claim the 11k each or a proportion of it?

Comment

Theres a interesting story in The Daily Mail today about Steven Messham, after reading it I can't understand why Newsnight ran with his story, especially as there was a trial for libel brought by a policeman for a FA he made in 1994.
                I notice there has been another arrest this morning in connection with the Jimmy Savile enquiry, but they haven't named him, unlike Freddie Star who had a news crew turn up with the police. Maybe lessons are being learned.
                http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-witness.html

Comment

Working...
                X