General discussion:Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General discussion:Music

What is your favourite song,album,band,...?
    What did and do you lesson to?
    When you feel high and low.
    Anything related to music...
    Non,je ne regrette rien.

Euphoria, Faithless, Pink Floyd, Clapton - ooooh the list endless. There are a few tracks I play if I want a good sob - but I use music to keep me sane.

Last one I got was Gotye.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Beethoven,Nina Simone,James Brown,The Cure,Depeche Mode,Bauhaus,Virgin Prunes,Sisters of Mercy,Nine Inch Nails,Serge Gainsbourg,Thomas Fersen,Bowie,Aphex Twin,Siouxie,Pink Floyd,Led Zep,Smashing Pumpkins,Skatalites,Specials,Lou Reed,Bjork,Belle & Sebastian,Tindersticks,Tricky,Massive Attack,Portishead,Horace Andy,Gregory Isaacs,White Stripes,Radiohead,Burial...
      Sorry I forgot lots and depending how I feel...

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
      I use music to keep me sane.
      Last edited by Boys don't cry; 8 July 2012, 03:44 PM.
      Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Most of those I recognise - well their names anyway - not sure I'd be able to pick them out if I heard them!

Our Lass has met Busted, McFly, Lost Prophets, more I can't remember and has met Good Charlotte here and in Seattle, where her and her friend watched from the side of the stage after spending the day with them!

Crikey, that's a while ago now - not sure where the time has gone to.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

The only famous person I met was Jean Paul Gaultier at a Marilyn Manson concert.
          Otherwise a few actors from my country.

I've been to a Rolling Stones,Iggy pop,The Cure,Depeche Mode,Nine Inch Nails,Bjork,Dire Straits,Marilyn Manson,Rammstein,Prodigy,Sven Vath,Carl Cox,Ministry,Placebo,...concerts.

I missed PJ Harvey,Radiohead:Sold out,and others...
          Last edited by Boys don't cry; 9 July 2012, 01:03 AM.
          Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

its a few years since I've been to a concert - the last was Eric Clapton, have seen Genesis a few times, oh yes - and the Bootleg Beatles

Comment

RFLH

Seems that we are only the two of us interested in music.

When I was deep in turmoil 2 songs were constantly playing in my "mp3" player or a track on a cd.

They were:

"Eve white,Eve black" from Siouxsie and the Banshees and

"Eraser" from Nine Inch Nails.

About the Beatles,there is a song that touched me as well is "God"from John Lennon.

Don't worry soon will be more positive songs...
              Last edited by Boys don't cry; 10 July 2012, 01:51 AM.
              Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

don't worry about it - the ultimate cheer-me-up record for me is Jump by Van Halen!!

I had a week of playing Jakkata, Peter Frampton and Faithless - I love my music loud and now I've moved I've started putting headphones on - wish I hadn't cos its made my tinnitus worse - but sometimes loud is the only way to listen.

Comment

"Ne me quitte pas" Jacques Brel
                  "Devil Inside" INXS
                  "I wanna be adored" The Stone Roses
                  "Hey Joe" Jimi Hendrix
                  "Paint it black" The Rolling Stones
                  "Stairway to Heaven" Led Zeppelin
                  "Eraser"and"Reptile" Nine Inch Nails
                  "Eve white,Eve black" Siouxsie and the Banshees
                  "Bohemian Rhapsody" Queen
                  "I got life" Nina Simone
                  Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

One last as this thread is a flop.

Just hope she will meet the "Karma police" from Radiohead.
                    Last edited by Boys don't cry; 11 July 2012, 08:03 PM.
                    Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

nope, I just can't see the appeal of Radiohead - and believe me I've heard enough of it over the years to have made my mind up!

Some of the tracks you've mentioned have zoomed me back to times in my life that have made me smile for one reason or another.

Comment

Where to start...Tom Waits, Bruce Springsteen, NIN, Rammstein, System of a Down, Deftones, New Model Army, The Cult, The Mission, Sisters of Mercy, The Dresden Dolls, Laibach, NOFX The Misfits, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, Therapy?, Slayer, Peter and the Test Tube Babies...I like lot's of bands.

Favourite songs?
                        Vengeance by New Model Army got me through court and it makes me feel like I can get through anything.
                        For you by Bruce Springsteen
                        Girl Anachronism by The Dresden Dolls
                        Ghost in my bedsit by Peter and the Test Tube Babies
                        Flower's Grave and I don't wanna grow up by Tom Waits (I also like the cover of 'I don't wanna grow up' by the Ramones).
                        "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

now I feel old - I only recognise the Sinatras!!

Comment

Not Tom Waits or Bruce Springsteen? I'm suprised. A lot of the bands I like are from the 80s but I like some newer bands too.
                            "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

I don't think this thread is a flop!
                              I love music, but I can't begin to list my favourites because it all depends on my mood! I love The Clash, The Stone Roses, Iron Maiden, Fatboy Slim (I went to school with Zoe Ball for a couple of years) The Cure, The Jam, Alanis Morisette, Kate Bush, Queen, The Rolling Stones (NOT the Beatles!) Neil Diamond and various 60's garage bands. I have probably missed a few out but my music taste is pretty eclectic!

Comment

Working...
                              X