No announcement yet.

Max Clifford foud guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The talk of trying to get access to his wealth on that article is worrying. I'm all for locking guilty people up and letting justice be served that way. But letting vultures circle round someone’s personal wealth made on nothing to do with a case, if successful, is really going to be a terrible trend for the future.

Life would have been available after 2003 however someone correct me if I'm wrong, generally life sentences would only be given in horrific severe of cases proved beyond reasonable doubt such as a violent prolonged attack.

Comment

A personal injury lawyer commenting on Sky news prior to the sentencing said that she was aware of 20 victims seeking to make a claim against his assets, this goes against the claims made during the trial that compensation wasn't being sought.

As regards the length of sentence, I think Barbara Hewson is spot on as she usually is.

http://t.co/hSKzCtEM7f
      The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

My maths were wrong...

37 years ago instead of 48!

Makes him 34 years old not 23... More than twice the complainers age and a world of difference.
        Wow... A signature option!

Comment

When I was 17 I was in a relationship with a guy of 34 and believe me I did most of the running!

Juries often lose members during the course of the trial. I believe that if three disappear then that leaves 9 and not acceptable, so the jury would be discharged. Many cases I have been involved with have limped on with 10 or 11. One such trial a juror sat through half of it then realised she lived in the same locality as the defendant so she was excused. She didn't actually know him though.

The alleged offence that could have attracted a life sentence was oral sex (on him). In those days it was classed as indecent assault or gross indecency, attracting a sentence of around 2 years. These days it is classed as penetration so is considered in legal terms as rape. The maximum sentence for rape is life - but that really depends on the aggravating circumstances of the case; for instance, if a weapon was used, fear of loss of life due to violence and weapon, whether a family member or in a position of trust etc.

I don't know whether Clifford forced anybody into doing anything. He certainly took advantage of starstruck young girls and women which is a completely different thing.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Well... He's now a single man again and on the market if anyone's interested?

I'm kind of still on the fence. It's soooooooooooo easy to get suckered into the newspaper headlines but at the same time I did read the sentencing remarks so although I generally believe the opposite of the headlines I am still drawn towards it all being true which has landed me in the middle.

Time will tell. More of the actual story has still to be revealed.
            Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Working...
            X