Story Appearing In Paper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Appearing In Paper.

Well the worst happened and the story appeared in a local scandal rag today,what right do these people have to destroy lives over a false allegation?
    It's a total disgrace that names and details can be printed before trial just to sell a few papers.
    He is devastated as is his girlfriend and obviously so am I and on top of everything will now have to endure abuse from my very nosey and intimidating neighbours.
    Trying to stay strong and tell people not to worry,while all the time I am worried sick.
    People want to make accusations so why are they so afraid to put THEIR name in the papers?
    So upset and worried today about peoples reaction.

hi phoenix - this is really awful for you and sadly it happens all the time. from a legal point of view anyone who makes an allegation of sexual assault/rape has lifelong anonymity unless they admit to lying at which point they can be tried and prosecuted for PCJ and wasting plod time.

I went to some of billykickass's trial this time last year and was there for the verdict - 2 NG. There was a local reporter in the court room but the verdict was never printed in the paper even thought the allegation had been. BillyKA approached the editor of the paper and explained everything to him and asked for the opportunity to put his side of the case. The editor agreed and it made front page headlines with a photo and a story on the inside page.

Maybe you can hold on to this and do the same when it's all over....... and remember that your REAL friends will stay with you no matter what the gutter press print
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

So really sorry to hear this P2014. I despair how bad these situations get when faced with a FA.

From all angles it is shocking. All facets of a FA are against us. The continued worry is so awful.

I look at our precious children who do are so innocent and their world could be torn apart thru the actions of a liar and the non-protection of our identity if it makes the press. This makes no sense to me at all.

I struggle to comprehend how a liar can feel any sort of comfort from creating such havoc.

I am so sorry that you are going through this but as MH says - REAL friends will stay with you no matter what the gutter press print.

It has been said before ...... it is soon 'yesterdays news'. I'm sure this is not much help to you at the moment but the fact is.... we have to bear it....what other option is there? Totally rubbish.

Hang in there til it passes....... it WILL.

xxx

Comment

Working...
      X