MICHAEL LE vELL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MICHAEL LE vELL

I know most have their own case ongoing, but for those that have got through this horrendous matter, what are your thoughts on this case?

I can't comprehend this!!

Having gone through the process, you are made out to be a monster at start of the Trial.

Hi Broken man

I too am struggling with this and the way media publish snippets of the story, but due to the anonymity of the girl the background is obscured. I'm sure that everyone on here agrees that defendants should be anonymous until a verdict is reached and I suppose this is a very extreme example of media reporting due to Michael Le Vell's high profile.
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

I note the judge said he should be tried as Michael Turner not as Michael Le Vell the Coronation St actor.

I don't really watch Coronation St (only by proxy!) so am not sure if he is cast as a baddie or good guy in the script but obviously the judge thinks his character's status may influence perceptions and, heaven forbid, the jury.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

still human

Originally posted by brokenman81 View Post
        I know most have their own case ongoing, but for those that have got through this horrendous matter, what are your thoughts on this case?

I can't comprehend this!!

Having gone through the process, you are made out to be a monster at start of the Trial.
        Hi,

It seems that he has spent much time in his local , and must posses super strength to calm the worry whilst dating several women .
        most of us here are so petrified that we cant see further than the end of our nose , let alone be seen publically doing as he has done.

However im sure he has the funding capacity to obtain the best legal defence team that money can buy.

Putting aside his celebrity status , both judge and jury should be determining his innocence or guilt on an equal basis to anyone else.

Reading the many stories on here suggests that he is not being treated any worse than the police deal with all of us.Yes it has effected his career and now his personal life has been effected and guess what .... hasn't it done the same to all of us !!!
        Im sure the right outcome will be decided and the dancing bananas are still active.

Regards b.m.h

Comment

Hi all - I moved the thread to the "In the news" section..... MH
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

I will openly say that I am convinced that MLV is an innocent man, but am only basing this on the very select snippets we are privy to.
            It all seems too cliche and I for one cannot see how a six year old rape victim would be left with no scarring after such an ordeal.
            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Well.. hes found not guilty!!!

That gives me hope.. he was portrayed as such a monster to..

Congrats to you sir...

Comment

The CPS are so dangerous what does it matter that the man liked a drink anyway.

Its hard to see how he can go back to coronation street now as hes admitted to having a serious drink problem.

It seems to me that they knew it was a weak case but they just want to get as many weak cases in front of the jury as possible now so that they get more convictions.

I struggle to see how they thought a jury could have been 'sure' of guilt despite so many contradictions and the medical evidence.

It seemed like they was clutching at straws when they told the jury it could still be rape if it had been 'simulated' sex despite that she said it had been full on sex and rape.

Comment

MLV's connection to the complainant is central to understanding why I believe he was FA'd. But due to the life long anonymity of the complainant he is effectively gagged from telling his story.
                  The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...cy-Savile.html

Even the Guardian is running an article where he is referred to as falsely accused. Let's hope the general public ( potential juror's) become more aware.

St Augustine

Comment

Based purely on what I've gleaned from the newspaper reports I'm wondering if this is one of the cases we come across so frequently on this forum: the mother of the girl was one of Micheal Le Vell's ex's and used her child to seek revenge for his infidelity to her.

She apparently was extremely vehement towards him in the witness box.

Comment

Bit by bit the public do become aware. - there was Amy Winehouses ex earlier this year amongst others, a trickle of others, some FA's who got caught out, Billykickarse from this site - all featured in newspapers.

Aside from that.... when someone's accused/charged/ goes to court.... there's the accused, whoever he/she tells, friends realtives etc... 12 jury members, the staff in the courtroom, friends or realtives who come to the court-room to support you, the tea-lady you chat to during the breaks and the other people you might tell afterwards. So for every 1 falsley accused ..... even if they're very discreet about it which most people are, there are a number of people that are witnesses to the ordeal. You can't call it information of the masses , but it does trickle through. Just before my son's trail a friend of his stayed with us who had another friend who'd also been falsely accused (found NG) , and who he'd supported in court. It was pretty amazing being able to discuss it with him.

The trouble is though.... it can have a knock-on effect on people who are geuinely raped or sexually abused.
                        Last edited by whatsgoingon?; 11 September 2013, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                          Based purely on what I've gleaned from the newspaper reports I'm wondering if this is one of the cases we come across so frequently on this forum: the mother of the girl was one of Micheal Le Vell's ex's and used her child to seek revenge for his infidelity to her.

She apparently was extremely vehement towards him in the witness box.

I hadn't even cottoned on to this! What nasty, vicious devious minds there are out there!
                          I think there's something else as well... some kids get attached to their mum's new patrner (s) as though they were their dad and if it breaks up, that's yet another seperation trauma they live through and can resent the person for in later life.

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post

Hi WGO,

I phrased this rather badly so better say that its my devious mind that has come up with this, though I did read that one journalist was aware of the reason behind the girl's accusation but was unable to put it in print (presumably because of the gagging order)

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-200-000.html

This could be interesting if he follows it through.

St Augustine

Comment

Working...
                              X