Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Request-Rape Victim Who Testified At Rapist's Trial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Request-Rape Victim Who Testified At Rapist's Trial.

Hi everyone,

Firstly I hope no one minds me posting on the forum. As there is no specific section for media requests I hope it's ok for me to post here instead.

I am writing an article for a UK national newspaper about how traumatic the current legal process is for rape victims, particularly the experience of giving evidence.

This follows the tragic death of violinist Frances Andrade, who committed suicide after giving evidence at the trial of her sexual abuser.

I am hoping to speak to a woman who was raped and gave evidence at the trial of her attacker.

She will have found the process of standing up in court, reliving her ordeal and being aggressively cross-examined by the defence highly traumatic and a horrendous experience.

Her attacker must have been convicted, and she will be aged up to mid-50's.

The lady will be paid a fee and she must be happy to be named and photographed.

We can also credit relevant charities/support groups etc..

I am happy to speak to a woman who has spoken to the press in the past, provided it was not in the past year and the focus of the article was not the trial she testified at.

If anyone can help please get in touch with me by replying here. I am very keen to raise awareness of this issue and need a strong and brave woman to help me do that.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Eimear

I won't remove this as it is entirely up to our members if they contact you

However, I will leave my own, personal advice here to anyone considering this...approach with extreme caution
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

a fee, oh good.
      Still here

Comment

Exactly, Dave. Just what will help heal a rape victim heal...
        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Those that lie about rape tend to spend it on holidays, booze, drugs, new computers, computer games, DVDs - all info gleaned from looking at some liars' and their cohorts open Facebook pages......

The idea is to spend it on top notch therapy. Financial incentive to lie should be substituted with top notch therapy - they did that in Germany. Surprise surprise allegations of sexual abuse fell by over 90% - this was some years back so don't know figures now as they cannot be found on the net. I wonder why......
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Dear reporter,

I am the survivor of an abusive marriage. In 1998 I had to give evidence how my ex husband attacked me. He was found guilty of ABH but not the sexual assault he was also charged. The reason for this was because for me trying to tell a room full of people what happened was to much. I could barely speak. He only got found guilty of ABH because of the medical evidence and my neighbours witness evidence.

My cross examining by the defence was very gently. I did not feel they over stepped the mark in anyway. They did suggest that the sexual assault did not take place but that is their job.

At the moment the defence lawyers working for my falsely accused relative say it is seen as very bad practice for defence to attack the accuser on the stand. The judge won't allow it and the jury take the accusers side more if this happens. From what you are saying I believe you are quoting a common myth. That certain conviction rate and target hunting people want the general public to believe.

The poor woman who killed herself is on record saying that the lawyer did not pull her to bits. After her appearance she could not take what happened to her and the thoughts and feeling of that. At least that is what one of her friends reported.

After the pressure to go to court myself and the memories flooding back. Well the police, cps and witness services don't warn you of that.

If you want to report a myth how about the one that false allergations are rare.
            Wonder Woman has a lie detecting lasso and will fight for justice

Comment

Rights fighter - I think I read somewhere it was 70% less in Germany now only medical, therapy and costs paid.

Now wonder why the British media and cps head figure loving moron never report that.
              Wonder Woman has a lie detecting lasso and will fight for justice

Comment

Back in the late 1990's apparently the allegations dropped by over 90%. Figures amy have changed since then

This worried me

The lady will be paid a fee and she must be happy to be named and photographed.
                How many liars (and it can be proved they lied, but the jury ignored that evidence and convicted anyway) have 'bravely waived their anonymity to share their story?'

I know one liar who was 17 when she sold her story to Take a Break. She pretended she was 19 so she could get paid out - and the circumstances of the background of the case changed quite a bit - but not enough to launch an appeal. She also sold her story to her local newspaper. Money Money Money.......
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                X