Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there gagging for these two rape allegations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there gagging for these two rape allegations?

.On 6 August, 2009, reports that a Police Sergeant had raped a woman colleague, within Islington Police Station. The CPS were informed. This case was reported in The Evening Standard, The Daily Mail and Islington Gazette to name but a few newspapers. There was no follow up or further mention in the press.
    I emailed Rob Bleaney at the Gazette who found out that the IPCC had managed it and passed their report to the CPS who decided not to prosecute but police were considering whether to bring any misconduct charges against the sergeant. Why did this case not go to court? Either it was a false charge, or the sergeant was guilty. In any case it shoud have gone to trial because one of the persons involved was guilty of a crime.
    Or was it considered "not in the public interest".

On 22nd November 2010, it was widely reported that Lord Boateng's son Ben had been again charged with rape in the UK. In 2005 he was charged with rape in South Africa, but the case was "fast-tracked" to avoid diplomatic immunity problems as his father was then Britain's High Commissioner to South Africa

On the second charge made in the UK he was due to appear in court later in the year. There was no further reporting on this case - it just disappeared! I have contacted one of the reporters who said he "may reply" but months later I am still waiting.
    No doubt the CPS have their excuses, their Code for Crown Prosecutors only seems to be applied when it suits them to do so.
Working...
X