I think I was raped...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I was raped...

Some friends and I went out to eat and then dancing later. Another person that we "know" showed up. He bought all the girls drinks while we were in the bathroom.

I drank all of mine and then we left. The last thing I remember is riding home. I don't remember who I was with, but I remember riding. The next thing I remember is waking up, freaking out and just saying, "Oh my God. I've got to go."

My friend that was with me says that they dropped me at the house and left me 'cause I was on my way inside, but stopped to have a cigarette. He (the one who bought the drinks) was with me and said he was going to help me inside.

HELP ME!!! I feel like I cheated, but I don't know. My husband is in Afghanistan and I feel like I let him down. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hi, sorry to read you are feeling very confused about what happened that night, it can't be easy and I understand the guilt you are feeling even though by the sounds of it you have nothing to feel guilty about.

Can you remember anything that happened when you got into your house? how long ago did this happen? - I am asking because if it happened recently you may still have some kind of dna evidence on you or where it took place that you could give to the police, thats only if you wanted to go to the police that is. And also because you said you 'think' you were raped so it would be good if you could try and recall as much as possible.

How safe are you? is there any chance that this person could come back? how well do you know him?

I wish I could offer more advice, if you want to offload or ask advice don't hesitate to post.

Isi x
    Life is full of options is just choosing the right one thats hard....

Comment

Thank you for your response. The more I try to remember, the more I don't remember. Does that make sense?

The last thing I remember is riding. I don't remember getting out of the car or going into my house. When I came to, I was in the back of his car.

This person is a friend of mine and my husband's. He is also military (National Guard) and went through a cheating situation with his exwife while he was deployed.

I went to the police, but they could not find any evidence as far as DNA or bruising. I did test positive for HCG (I think that's what they said), so they think that he drugged me. But, for them to know for sure, they would have to involve the people that were with me. I don't want anyone except my husband and my Mom to know. So, as for now, I'm stuck.

Comment

I am so sorry about your situation. Your husband and mum can maybe help support you through this. Have you thought about speaking to anyone else, like a crisis centre or a councelor? I know you said you did not want anyone to know but it can be all anonymous.

How are you coping? How has your husband taken what has happened?

I completely relate to the 'not remembering' it is quite common for the brain to block out trauma giving complete blank spaces. Recollecting what happened is too hard and so the memory function does not function.

If you need any contacts for support I may be able to help if you are in the UK.

Take care

Isi x
        Life is full of options is just choosing the right one thats hard....

Comment

Working...
        X